Used ebay and paypal supposed to be safe! Seller deducted the money but..

Brookelyn
Contributor
Contributor

I never received the Item, seller say's refunded 9 days ago mo explanation WHY? Took money Then HOLD. HOLD. TEMPORARY HOLD. REFUNDED. I had MORE than enough to cover the purchase and was wondering where the item was? Finally found a tiny dollar sign in a blue P by item order, you have to point to it to see that it say's Papal account refunded? Oh no it has NOT been! If you order something that you can’t get because it’s out of stock or something? It NEVER takes this long to get your refund! They make it SO confusing to try and get your money back. But, I will!! And use Verified by Visa in the future!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome Brookelyn,

You are correct, if you do not receive your item, you certainly should receive a refund! 

If the purchase was funded by your bank or PayPal balance, the refund would go back into your PayPal account.  I would recommend checking the PayPal account balance to verifiy if the funds were placed back into your balance. 

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Brookelyn
Contributor
Contributor

Hope this is a reply to the mod, I'm so lost on here?? The money is in paypal.. Been there I found out, since July 19th. Isn't it supposed to go back into the account you used to set up paypal?  I'm a random shopper.. It could sit there for a year!! I just want the money back in my original account. I ordered an item listed as in stock, I JUST found out they had it listed wrong on eBay..  They appologized up and down and refunded paypal immediately. I still can't figure out HOW to get it back??? HELP!!!!  Thank you for replying!

Paypal SURE doesn't make getting your cash back easy!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Brookelyn,

If the original transaction you sent was funded by your bank account, the funds would go back into your PayPal account balance. 

No worries though!  You can withdraw the funds back to your bank account!

Here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click “Withdraw” near the top of the page.
  3. Click “Withdraw funds to your bank account.”
  4. Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
  5. Select the bank account for the deposit, then click “Continue.”
  6. Review the details, then click “Submit.”

Usually it takes around 3-4 business days for the funds to post back to your bank.  🙂

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.