The Transaction ID in your link is invalid.

kelko86

I've seen other topics with this issue but it has not helped me. The most helpful one said to check the email addresses match on the eBay account and Paypal account. And they both do, but I'm still getting no further. I click the link saying "View Paypal transaction" and it takes me to the login page for Paypal with "The transaction ID in your link is invalid".

Someone please help! I have people waiting for their items which I can't send because I haven't received money or an address to send to!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Login to your PayPal account and click on the "History - Advanced Search" option... enter the eBay item number in the search text box and select the "Auction Item Number" search type... click on the orange "Search" button.

If the buyer has paid using PayPal, the following page will display the Transaction Details page for that payment.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

cybob43
Contributor
Contributor

i logged into paypal ,went to historythen basic search (no advanced search option)

entered number still came back no record

Login to Me Too

gmblgb
New Community Member

I have 5 items I need to ship and have received this same message since Saturday--The transaction ID in link is invalid.  Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too

LWolff
New Community Member

I am getting the same message.  I need to ship my sold items.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the buyer has paid using PayPal, the payment will be displayed on your PayPal account activity page or your PayPal account history page.

If the payment is not there, ask the buyer to forward to you their PayPal confirmation of payment email message and check it to see whether the payment was sent to your correct PayPal email address.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

bickel
New Community Member

If the buyer sends me the confirmtion of payment to my paypal and the email address is incorrect, than what needs to be doneto correct ? I have the same problem, getting the invalid transaction ID link.  I have called both paypal and ebay customer service several times.

Login to Me Too

fingmachine
Contributor
Contributor

same boat, no answer

Wouldn't it be nice if Paypal answered the forum questions?

The Transaction ID in your link is invalid.

Of course my first reaction is suspicion of the buyer because his payment was preceded by a successful payment (with confirmation email) and followed by a payment (with confirmation email) yet this one payment shows only on the ebay website.

Paypal has no record, no results and only an invalid link answer for me.

--

PS: In the mean time I went to buy some food and get gasoline and the fraud detection 3rd party called me. They locked my paypal card from use - BUT I didn't know this and was able to pay my Seller Account balance to ebay. Funny how they won't let me buy gas but they will let me pay ebay.

-

So, why do we suddenly have an invalid link and a lost payment? I am a reputable seller and have a 1 day handling time.... ???? 

Login to Me Too

fingmachine
Contributor
Contributor

Figured out the problem - which was an auto-generated email address entered into the item listing. The email address used by ebay is not listed on my account, nor on my paypal account but somehow auto-filled when I used ebay mobile to post the listings.

I created a unique email address for ebay in 1999, using my own personal domain. That address was never used outside ebay yet somehow leaked. I was receiving up to 500 spam emails each day and several months ago shut it down. Even though the address was removed from my ebay and paypal profiles. Even though ALL my other listings were auto-filled correctly, it was because the addresses are stored on the ebay server forever.

I was told by ebay customer service today that it will stay there, until replaced, time and time again. Eventually, the ebay server will pick-up 'learn' the new email address and will then auto-fill that address in the paypal payment field.

Apparently whatever you put in that text field is regardless of your listed addresses with ebay or paypal. In essence you can sell an item and allow ANYONE, ANYWHERE to receive the payment for that item. Weird, and in this day and age of clamping down on financial security here is a loophole.

I can use my U.S. verified, legitimate, ebay account to pay any email address with the proceeds. I find this both annoying and worthy of reporting publicly - which I will do.

Best of luck to you all with invalid link issues. That's what caused mine; a 'smart' server.

Login to Me Too

rfettig_freeinc
New Community Member

I believe you may have recently changed your email address.

if so you changed it in both  ebay and paypal, and thought you were done.  NOT so fast  this is EBAY..  The individual listings in ebay --still have your old email address...(go look at oner beign sold click on revise and scroll down to payment area -  your old email address will be there)   i do not know why ebay doesnt universally change them.  but in any case that is why i got this transatcion ID link is invalid.  SO my guess is that address in selling in your item description  is invalid. 

The unfortunate part for me is in paypal i had deleted my old email account as well...and stopped that ISP email service so now i can not add that email address back in as confirmed as i can not recieve thier confirmation email so that the transaction shows up on paypal....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.