Stop PayPal hold on your money

why_me
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody sign a statement to hold your money for 21 days.  Not me!

I belief it is against the law!  

I all so belief we can do something about it. Email your congress and tell then what’s going on with PayPal.

I am going to email them about 10 or 25 times. It’s about time we stopped this!

PayPal is making money by holding it for 21 days.

So let’s stand up and stop it. Email every one you know and have them email congress to.

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You agreed to the conditions when you used Paypal for the transaction.

If you don't like the holds, then don't use Paypal - it's that simple.

Congress isn't going to do diddly on this - unlike you, THEY can read the User Agreement.

Login to Me Too

why_me
Contributor
Contributor

I am not the only one haveing probables with PayPal. Before you judge me , read the forum   Subscription to Topic: HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS.

PayPal is holding $450.00 of my money go on 34 days. Becouse  I need 3 feedbacks.

Some people do not leave feedbacks.

Then you I can see my probable.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

500 crazy people saying the same thing does not make the idea sound.

ALL of the people complaining about the hold are less that 1/100th of 1% of Paypal's users.

A tiny squeak of protest, nothing more.

The hold is a reality - get used to it or stop accepting paypal and stop selling on ebay.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Now if you really read up on the 21 day hold program, you would have learned it doesn't have to be for 21 days.

Funds are released usually between 24-72 hours of the D/C showing delivery or the buyer leaving feedback...notice the OR.

Login to Me Too

sincere2die4
Contributor
Contributor

i got positive feedback, confirmed delivery plus 3 days passed and my money is still pending

Login to Me Too

punhulk
Contributor
Contributor

I believe this hold is not right i dont think it has anything to truly do with the user agreement. ya in the user agreement there may be grey areas where paypal can adjust the stipulation of use. However when i signed up for paypal when it first became a big way to transmit money. I was not agreeing for them to hold my money and put all the control in the buyers hands. I recently sold a product to a buyer i even went ahead and paid extra to three day ship the item to him with insurance out of curtousy because he had plans and was worried he would not be able to get the product later in the week. the buyer was happy to communicate with me everyday until he got what he wanted. Now he doesnt give a flip. Sad thing is per paypal guidelines after three days of delivery Confirmation the money is to release. Well Let me tell you its been 5 days i shipped ups with signature on delivery making sure to place the tracking number with paypal as well as ebay I even emailed Paypal customer service and guess what my money is still being held. So  I even emailed the buyer several times since delivery asking to please leave feedback and guess what he hasnt.

So ya im Pssed because i dont have any money to show for the sale, and i even spent extra to accomdate the buyer.

bottomline this hold money for 21 days is not customer friendly and it really makes me question the use of paypal in the future

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

What you "believe" about the User agreement is irrelevant.

If you want to sell, THAT'S THE RULES.

Now live with it or sell somewhere else.

Login to Me Too

gosox
Contributor
Contributor

If you want to sell, THAT'S THE RULES.

Now live with it or sell somewhere else.

DO U WORK FOR PAYPAL??  IF NOT THEY SHOULD PAY U FOR  ALL THE NONSENSE U LIST ON HERE...

PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHY THEIR MONEY IS BEING HELD, WHICH NEVER SEEMS TO GET ANSWERED.   IT IS NOT PAYPAL'S MONEY, HOW CAN U HOLD SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU, AND THEN SAY WHEN U ARE GOING TO RELEASE IT...SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT AND PEOPLE ARE NOT STUPID..THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE HERE AND THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE..HAVE U BEEN PLACED ON HOLD, WITH NO COMPLAINTS?

Login to Me Too

PaymateOnly
Contributor
Contributor

For the record I can tell you another reason PayPal will put you on 21 day holds. Thats for filing a complaint against them with the BBB. They responded to my complaint and started the holds the same day. And still have not notified me that they are going to hold my funds. I am waiting to see how long it takes them. They claim they will notify you so maybe I have them for a breach of contract here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.