Significantly Not As Described return for refund....if buyer pays for return shipping

namestreetcity
Contributor
Contributor

According to the Paypal process when you file a claim for an item that is significantly not as described, you must return the item at your cost in order for Paypal to issue a refund for the amount you paid, not the return shipping costs. You have 10 days to provide Paypal with a tracking number. Paypal doesn't allow you to post a reply. You send the item back or in 10 days the claim is closed.

Buyers are being forced to pay to received goods the seller didn't described accurately, and in some cases, honestly.

I think that is wrong.

When you can prove that an item is significantly not as described, then Paypal should refund your entire costs of the item including shipping both ways. Sellers can take advantage of Paypal's forcing buyers to pay for return shipping.

If a buyer doesn't like something or changes their mind, and wants to return it, then the return shipping should be paid by the buyer.

Login to Me Too
181 REPLIES 181

Aubie
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer can make money if they don't have to pay return shipping, EXAMPLE: If you buy an item and the stated shipping is $15.00, but when you get the item, the shipping is only $9.00 (HAPPENS A LOT), so if you have to pay return shipping, the buyer gets to pocket $6.00. Am I correct? If I am, then some buyers will want returns and resale the items again and again. 5 sales on same item=$30.00 profit and they still get the item back. Multiply this by 20 items and they pocket $600.00, and still have the goods. ENOUGH SAID!!!!  I hope I'm wrong.

Login to Me Too

marcos10
Contributor
Contributor

The shipping charge to return this item that was completly  not woirth the shipping  even to ship back. Never again will I trust a company overseas. They wanted and additional money to ship me another jacket that I could have bough in the first place. Who knows if that item was any better. According to them it was. Never agin.

Login to Me Too

binder98
Contributor
Contributor

Significantly Not as Described!! You could say that , **bleep**ed out of $180.00 in Windows 7 Key Codes, Blocked by Microsoft and Paypal sides with seller  tkinnas@yahoo.com   quality issue, this is fraud NOT quality, and Paypal is helping him, I have attempted to resolve the issue , he sent out more bad codes, then said **bleep** you, and Paypal is backing him, Too bad I saw fit to trust Paypal...

Login to Me Too

TiredOfThem
Contributor
Contributor

Watch out for sellers of Cd's and Dvd's as well! Many are bootlegegd copies they say are original and they are not!

And you will have to either eat it or pay to return them.

So I report them to the comapanies who go after bootleggers! PP no help with them, its buyer beware on fraudulent dics.

Seems the internet has more faulty sellers than a used car lot used to!!

Good luck to you all

Login to Me Too

walknmud
Contributor
Contributor

There's only one way to get a refund from a seller that has sent you a worthless piece of junk instead of what you ordered. First give a negative feedback responce to the seller. All bad. That really gets their attention. I got my money back fast on 2 items. After they agree to refund your money, Be sure to look in your pay-pal account to see it the money is there before you correct negative feedback though. Now my question is how do I get my credit balance back or use it to pay for another item?

Login to Me Too

Khrystophyr
New Community Member

Unfortunately, PayPal is messing the buyers and the sellers. Buyers get messed over on issues like this, and sellers get **bleep**ed with payments being held in pending. That's right, folks, we can't even access your funds to pay for shipping in the first place, unless we're one of the golden Power Sellers. -.-

Login to Me Too

pebbles
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's role in all this mess don't make sense to me,why can't they be just a payment service not involve in consumer disputes. 

Login to Me Too

beanstalker

I've been a buyer and a seller on eBay since 1997, and the only time I was scammed was in 2007 by a seller who never sent the item I paid for.  The item was a used textbook, and the total purchase was about $30.  This particular seller displayed PayPal's "guarantee" that they were legitimate (I think PayPal must sell this guarantee to anyone who wants to buy it, because it apparently has nothing to do with the seller's trustworthiness OR with PayPal's willingness to grant refunds to people who are subsequently scammed).  I tried for weeks and weeks to resolve the matter with the seller, but they never responded to my emails and stopped selling on eBay - they simply disappeared.  When I asked PayPal to get involved and help resolve the matter, they told me that there was nothing they could do since they were unable to contact the seller.  What kind of a guarantee is that?

Anyhow, I've noticed that both buyers and sellers have gotten a lot less trustworthy over the last few years.  In the beginning (like a lot of things), it was really great.

Login to Me Too

memmaswolf
Contributor
Contributor

I have to agree with you, If they would make the seller do that atuff then it would stop all the bad sellers out there from scamming the buyers. Because you are intering in a contract you can sue them in court and win alot more then they would want. Great Post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

gameaddicts2010
Contributor
Contributor

Honestly, if you received the item, you should pay to return it. For those of you who are not sellers, you have to realize how much it cost to be a seller even before you got the item. (Now I am talking to real buyers, not the ones who try to get over.) We pay to list the item, we pay when you buy the item, we pay to get your money.  Why should I have to pay because you say it is not as described? I shipped it to you, you should ship it back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.