Seller refuses to send items because payment is pending

walrus1
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

So I won an item on ebay and quickily paid for the item with my debit card. A couple hours later I recived an email saying my item shipped.

Today the seller sent me an email saying she won't ship my item beacuse my payment is pending in her PayPal account. I looked and the funds have cleaqred both my bank account and PayPal account. She says she wont ship 10 items without the funds having cleared her account. Which means there are nine other people waiting for her ship their items. She said she doensnt really understand how paypal works and asked me for advice. I don't have any experince selling things on ebay. I told her to call the 1-800 number first thing tommorow. 

But the more i think about this the more nervous I get. I have never had a seller refuse to ship an item I paid for. I've never had PayPal not process a payment promptly. I understand she doesn't want to ship with out the funds clearing. But at the same time I don't want to be left hoilding the bag.

Shat should I do?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Orangedrops
Contributor
Contributor

I was just wondering if you received your item and had your issur resolved. Hopefully you have!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too

walrus1
Contributor
Contributor

So suddenly the seller has reapeared and said that she would ship soon. She apologized for the delay claiming it was her unfamiliarity with ebay that caused the delay. I've asked for my money back instead and have kept the dispute open. 

Login to Me Too

Orangedrops
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear that. I find that so unacceptable. They should have just refunded your money this late in the game. Keep a watch on the time because I believe you only have 45 days after the initial transaction to leave any feeback.  I am personally upset for you because this is wrong. Hopefully, they will not be able to sell for awhile after this.

Login to Me Too

walrus1
Contributor
Contributor
I'm livid! She should have refunded my money the second she refused to ship. I'm wondering if shipping this late in the middle of a PayPal dispute is even allowed. I'm going to call PayPal in the morning and see if I can't get em to give me a refund.
Login to Me Too

Orangedrops
Contributor
Contributor

I have never heard of shipping that late. I don't even know why it would be acceptable to Ebay. They can actually refund your money. It she has no proof of shipping and the fact it has been this long....they should refund you immediately. Your credit card company can even protect you from this type of thing. Are they still selling?? I don't know what date you opened your case but seems like it has been long enough for it to be resolved and closed.........this is nuts!!!!

Login to Me Too

walrus1
Contributor
Contributor

So I heard back from the seller and she says she can't refund my money untill I close the dispute. Does that sound right to anyone?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.