Paypal Survey - plans to charge fees a fee to buy or purchase items via phone?

jaceetx
New Community Member

Paypal is considering offering a service via phone to make/receive payments via your phone. There would be a $2.50 fee. Texting would be required and payer would need your cell number.

Currently I can make/receive paypal payments for free via my email or iphone without giving my cell number or paying for texting. I simple require paypal payment prior to shipment or pickup. Once payment posts, merchandise ships or is pickup is scheduled. Payment posts quickly and no fees are paid by either buyer or seller.

Sounds to me like Paypal is trying to earn fees and require members to pay texting fees, and give private info to strangers i.e. cell phone numbers.

Why mess with what works, unless of course to earn fees. This new process helps only Paypals profits!!!

Most cell phone users have smart phones which can access email to process the paypal payment. No texting required. No cell phone numbers to strangers. No fees.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.