Payment Recieved, but need to add to Total due to shipping.

Densgems
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sold an item on eBay which had a domestic USA shipping cost paid by the buyer. However after payment was received, found out that the buyer lives in Poland. This will increase the shipping cost, but how do I go about adding to the total. Do I have to refund total mount and resend invoice? Or is there an easier way to do this? Thanks in advance!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

I would recommend refunding the buyer and asking that they resubmit payment with the corrected amount and any (if needed) corrected shipping address.  Accepting multiple payments for one item will void any protections, as a seller, you may have.  You may consider reviewing our Tips for Selling Safely in the security center: https://www.paypal.com/securitycenter

If you did not have on the auction that you would ship to Poland, you may not be required to complete the sale (although you would need to refund the payment).  For more information on those requirements, log in to eBay and click on the "Help" section.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Densgems
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much Adrian!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.