PayPal's Philippino Call Center

talkradioguy
New Community Member

I am disappointed in PayPal's decision to use the Philippines as their call center for many of the calls that they handle. No disrespect to the people of the Philippines, but, they really don't have a firm grasp of American English. Each timne I've had to call PayPal, my experiences have gone from bad to worse. The people there don't understand why I'm calling, simple requests for information about a PayPal issue are met with stammers and repeated requests...mostly wrong...for even more information. The frustration level is amazing! When I do actually get through to an American call center employee, the difference is amazing! One question gets an immediate and complete answer.

Come on, PayPal...why do you insist on giving jobs to Philippinos when Americans are more than willing to do the jobs? Do you pay them 23 cents an hour? Whatever it is, I object to the fact that you send good jobs offshore that Americans can do and that my fees paid to PayPal help support foreigners rather than my fellow Americans!

This really hit a sore spot with me...I'd bet others who were NOT aware of your practices are upset, as well.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

FYI:

The fist thing I do when calling any company is ask if the customer service rep is located in the United States........after they confirm no I kindly ask to be transferred to their U.S. call center.  I am often met with an attitude but am shortly connected with an American who can understand why am calling.  Pretty much every business who outsources for customer service has a written rule that when a customer request they be transferred back to U.S. call center.....they must abide.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.