my bank account for it!

How do I make this not happen again?

Please Help...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Did you phone paypal first so they could release the hold on your account for shipping purchases?

Whenever you buy something with Paypal, it will always tell you what source of funding it's using - if you don't like the choice, cancel the transaction until the problem can be fixed.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@wrenchturner wrote:

I read posts on here that said PayPal would release funds so I could print shipping labels.

I have a large package to ship to Hawaii tomorrow so it was expensive to ship and I didn't have the cash, so I bought a label on eBay and looked and PayPal charged my bank account for it!

The shipping funds are released shortly AFTER the shipping label is purchased and printed, and so... you will initially need to pay for the shipping label from your own funds (PayPal available balance or bank account).

My experience is that the shipping cost is released about 3 minutes after the shipping is purchased through PayPal or eBay.

If you check your available PayPal balance, you should see that the shipping cost was subtracted from your pending balance and added to your available balance.  You should also see the shipping cost hold release by viewing the related transactions section of the Transaction Details Page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.