No cancel option followed by unauthorized transaction!

stormbringer
New Community Member

I attempted to make a purchase on eBay from a seller that accepted PayPal only. I clicked PayPal, logged in, and saw my funding sources were out of date. I didn’t have time to update PayPal so I looked for a cancel button, there were 3 giant Pay Now buttons but no way to cancel. I took the only action left, closed the browser and went on with my day.

To my shock, PayPal tried to run the transaction anyway against the out of date primary and secondary funding sources. The transactions were predictably declined and now I’m looking at overdraft fees on 2 accounts!!!!! I knew that would happen, that’s why I closed the browser window. Why is there no cancel option on the funding source selection screen (the first screen you come to after login via eBay)? What gives PayPal the right to run the transaction even if you never clicked the Pay Now button? And why did the PayPal phone rep try to blame eBay when I was clearly logged into the PayPal site?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.