Need help!! ebay item, invoice from email not ebay

septemberxia
Contributor
Contributor

I am pretty new in ebay and Paypal. I purchased an iphon4 on ebay. And I negotiated with the seller to low the shipping fee, and he agreed. Then he asked my paypal email address and sent me an invoice. Then I followed the link and paid for the bill. But there is nothing showing on ebay that I paid the bill. Is it a scam? If it is so, I am able to cancel or request to have my moeny back by paypal? Really need help!! Thank you!!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello septemberxia, 

Welcome to the Community!

The reason you are not seeing the item as paid in your eBay account is because the seller sent an invoice to your email address which is not attached to your eBay account.  It does not sound like this is a scam, but if you would like to double check you can call eBay directly and they can take a look at your account with you.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

septemberxia
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I think I have attached my Paypal account to my ebay account. I have it attached to 2 of my ebay accounts, will that be the problem that affects my status in my eBay?

Anyway, you make me feel it is not that like a scan, which releases me a lot 🙂 Thank you~~

Login to Me Too

septemberxia
Contributor
Contributor

I mean, I have 2 eBay accounts with 2 email addresses, and the email that the invoice was sent to was one of the emails that are attached to the Paypal account~

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello septemberxia,

You are very welcome. Just to clarify, if the invoice was sent to the email address you gave the seller, you should be good. However, if you still not comfortable with that I would call PayPal directly just to make sure.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

septemberxia
Contributor
Contributor

Ha, thank you so much! I think I'll wait for a few more days. And if it still does not work, then I would like to bother you and do me a favor! Thank you so muchSmiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.