Message 3005

doorsbytim2270
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to pay a store on Ebay thru PayPal for 3 days now...still getting an Error Message 3005.  Is this a common problem lately, and what's the solution??

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

jgruberman
New Community Member

I was using IE9 and getting the same prblem.  I used Google Chrome and the payment went through for me.

Login to Me Too

broken_spirit

I've recently been plagued with this problem.  Several purchases in the prior months without a hitch, then SUDDENLY "MESSAGE 3005" when opening up PayPal from eBay. 

PayPal phone help was useless.

This worked for me:

1. UNLINK PayPal account from eBay
  2. Pay for eBay purchase...but because PayPal is not automatically linked, the PayPal screen gives an option to pay with a credit card as a PayPal "guest" in addition to logging in to your PayPal account.  CHOOSE the GUEST option - DO NOT log into your PayPal account!
  3. Enter your info/credit card
  4. Complete purchase.

Hope this helps & let us know if it works for you.

Login to Me Too

bronotea
New Community Member

broken_spirit -- thanks for your tip. I had tried everything and nothing worked until your suggestion. Unlinking the paypal account and paying as GUEST is only thing that worked for me. It is a hassle and should not be needed, but it works...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.