Making a Purchase with a Zero Balance in Paypal

robby0110
New Community Member

I am new to using paypal and I plan on using it for making purchases from eBay. I never have any money in my paypal account, so my question is can I still make a purchase through eBay with a zero balance in paypal or do I have to transfer money to my paypal account before I can make a purchase in eBay. If i do go ahead and make the purchase will I get hit with any fees or anything for making a purchase with a zero balance in paypal.

Note

I have a bank account and credit card set up with paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi robby0110,

Welcome the forum!  Great question.  If you do not have any funds in your PayPal account, you can still make a payment to any merchant that accepts PayPal.  We will then just use the bank account or credit card you have on file to fund the payment.

When going through checkout, you'll be able to see where we are going to pull the funds from before you confirm the payment.

You will not be charged any fees for using PayPal will a $0 PayPal balance. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.