MONEY

EmmaNicole
New Community Member

So I know I should know this now but I havent thought much about it... Do I NEED to put money in my pay pal account... or Will it take it from my bank account...?

Does pay pal kinda work like a credit card and just pay it then we have to pay pay pal... or what...? I thought I understood this well, but I guess not... now I am nervous that for months I owe pay pal money and didnt know cause I thought it just took it from my account. PLease help me since the web site isnt helping me too much.

All my "reviews" on ebay said fast payment and everything like that... so I assumed that my money just came from my bank account and paid... but now I am nervous that pay pal just paid it and I need to pay them.... ahhhhh idk.

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Don't be ashamed to ask - we're here to help!  Think of PayPal like an electronic version of a wallet.  You can put in your credit cards, your bank card, your check book, even cash.  PayPal even has products such as our own credit card and Bill Me Later.  When you check out, you pick one of the above and send the payment, and PayPal debits accordingly.  There's no need to keep cash on hand in PayPal to make payments.

But to answer the rest of the question, whether or not you have to pay PayPal depends on well, how you paid.  If you used your own bank or card to pay, your bank or card has already been charged. 

If you had Bill Me Later or another credit product, you may have a balance to pay off with them.  To see what you used to pay for each purchase, log in directly at PayPal and go to your History.  Use the search feature to view your transactions; in the details of each it will tell you what you used to fund the purchase.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.