I'm done with PAYPAL

b85259
New Community Member

Paypal has little to no security these days and try to get a transaction reversed takes and act of god. The should take this site and toss it!!!! They can toss eBay as well, the fee's are insane .... they are the "myspace" generation and someone needs to launch the new generation of both these sites and replace these relics!!! 

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Meanwhile, Paypal is adding a million customers a month...

Right, then!

Off ye go!

Login to Me Too

kthom2121

New people are using PayPal only because they don't know about the pending payments rule. I just started using PayPal and now I'm deleting my account with PayPal AS WELL AS eBay because I'm not going to deal with this when I could just use CRAIGSLIST. eBay's business is going to suffer because nobody wants to deal with pending payments. Setting up a PayPal account was such a waste of time because now it's going to be deleted.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

ebay's numbers are up, too.Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

SassyBarbie
Contributor
Contributor

I agree totally. I started selling with ebay becuz of the free listing till Jan not knowing paypal was going to hold my funds on the things I sold for 21 days. I think both sites are crazy.   I love craigslist.  I know Ebay has been trying to get control of craigslist but the owner isn't letting go. I just wish craigslist was an auction site. As soon as all my funds are cleared in paypal... I'm shutting them both down.

Login to Me Too

manwithdaheart
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for realizing what PayPal is all about.  Please keep sharing the word.  PayPal will end up getting exactly what they deserve if enough people keep sharing the truth about their unfair practices.

Login to Me Too

coffee2u2
Contributor
Contributor

@kthom2121 wrote:

New people are using PayPal only because they don't know about the pending payments rule. I just started using PayPal and now I'm deleting my account with PayPal AS WELL AS eBay because I'm not going to deal with this when I could just use CRAIGSLIST. eBay's business is going to suffer because nobody wants to deal with pending payments. Setting up a PayPal account was such a waste of time because now it's going to be deleted.

Login to Me Too

1clickdealz
Contributor
Contributor

I am Paypal user for 8 years and haven’t any issues with them, till i opened merchant account. Then we did receive unusually big order for 800 $. I did transfer payment onto my checking account, but when i were going to actually ship the order,we found out, that it was placed from Malaysia and of course shipping and billing did not match. We canceled order and contacted Paypal. Their suggestion was to hold the money till chargeback filed and then just refund payment.After 3 month there was a chargeback against that transaction. So,right away i did transfer money from my account to Paypal, but because it takes 3 days i have had negative balance for 3 days. I received email from Paypal, that there will be 5 % rolling reserve for 90 days. I weren’t happy about whole situation, but i didn’t want to fight with reps, as i knew it wouldn’t be resolved. Then 2 weeks later, i received another letter from Paypal, disregarding first one and saying that there will be 15 % rolling reserve for 120 days. It hit our business really badly. We couldn’t pay for merchandise for our customers, we didn’t have enough money to ship orders. We used credit cards a lot( luckily we had funds available)!. Our credit scores got lower and we received few warnings due to unusual activity. At may 29th they didn’t released my money. May, 29th – contacted Paypal, they said account in good condition, but i have to contact Risk Department, as they are the “BAD”. And i got an impression from my conversation with rep, that my money might be on hold forever or at least till i will have merchant account. I immediately closed it at may 30st. June,4th – called  Merchant Risk Analyst *name removed* – no answer. June 5th – call  *name removed*– no answer. June 6th – called -*name removed*–no answer. 10 days in a row _ NO ANSWER!!! and that is company asking Ebays buyers to rate seller for communication. Just imagine, if i would treat my customers this way??? July 10th i contact Paypal merchant Pro customer support and they said, that by closing merchant account i didn’t remove reserve and it will remain at least another 4 month. Ok, evils, i will wait. Contacted Paypal again at October 5th, they suggested me to contact Risk department again. This time i should contact.  The, the next day i received email, that she received my request to review my account and it will take 7 – 10 business days. When after 15 days i called the number given, there weren’t any *name removed*, but *name removed* and NO ANSWER.I called many times, then at December 23, emailed one more time and IGNORED at all. I still have Ebay account, associated with this account, but i am under seller protection. Now – after all of this – you want to hear Funny? At December 24th, i logged in into my paypal account to find out there is a dispute filed against transaction. I was surprised, as i do ship all item within couple of hours after order placed. I did check the transaction and time and order was placed 30 minutes before i logged in. It was tornado inside me. I got furious. I called Paypal and they said this is not me, but buyer. They didn’t have sufficient funds, when they placed an order, and Paypal asked me DO NOT SHIP item, till they will verify payment. I looked at the buyer’s history – and buyer have had 348 – 100% positive feedbacks. I thought u know what, let me ship item, even if i did not receive payment for it – it’s only 14 buks to lose, when i am fighting with paypal for $ 2800. I did ship item the same day and guess what? – next day hold for this transaction was removed, because TRACKING NUMBER WAS SUBMITTED. And Paypal didn’t allow me to use their shipping module, so i went to post office to ship that package. This whole situation leaves bad taste in my mouth.We are all under huge risk till Paypal Risk Management Department wouldn’t be closed. They are simply criminals. Today is January 22nd, – an year since they are holding my money. I have no hope to win with them directly, so i will contact law firm

Login to Me Too

manwithdaheart
Contributor
Contributor

What a story.

I am so sorry for you having to go through this.

It is nice to see someone else who actually does know the meaning of good customer service.

Just keep sharing your story. 

It is people like us that will help to see the demise of PayPal.

Login to Me Too

1clickdealz
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal immediately edited my entry, because it contained names. But that what i wanted to do - to show WHO IS responsible for bad customer support. It starts from people, who's names were removed. And they have their salary out of my subscription fees and monthly payments, they charging at no time. I did reply email, asking what about giving my money back. And i am going to post my entry all over the web. There are a lot of blogs, where people would like to hear names. And i will give them if i will not have my money back this week.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.