How long does it take for money to show up in my paypal account.

froggy57
Contributor
Contributor

How long does it take for the money from some one who wins my auction to show up in my paypal account. And why on earth is it so hard to get in touch with someone from paypal or ebay. All I get is the mindless robot sarah who can't answer a question.

And if I have two accounts, how do I find them both. I assume I have two, because the money from three different auction winners is not showing up in the only paypal account I can find.

Help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Money sent should appear in either your pending balance or available balance immediately; if the payment may take some time to clear, you will still receive a separate payment notification and be able to view it in your History.

Have you recently changed your email address on your PayPal account? In most instances, the root of this issue is that the auction form that was filled out included a misspelled or outdated email address.

You can check to see what email address was used by bringing up one of the items and clicking on "Sell Similar." Check the payments section and note the email address there.

If you still have access to this email address, add and confirm it on your PayPal account to accept the payments. This has to be done within 30 days of the payments being made or they are automatically returned.

If you don't have access to this email address, you'll want to ask your buyers to cancel their payments so that they can manually send it to your new email address via the Send Money tab. Make sure you reach out to them and let them know what to do, and provide them your new email address. You may want to ask for theirs if you are sending them a money request via PayPal to help facilitate the new payment.

If there is an open account under the email address,  you may want to try recovering the password via the "Problems logging in?" link on the main page.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.