HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

mrskamakazi2001
New Community Member

Yea, it's even making it difficult for newbies.  I can understand for the first few sales, but I've meet all the ebay and paypal requirements so the withholding funds policy would be removed.  I have 100% positive feedback with customer satisfaction.  I have just sold three items over the weekend and I can't even use the shipping funds that customers paid to mail their items.  After these last three transactions, I'm done with PayPal...there are other ways to sell online.

Login to Me Too

dkid2000
Contributor
Contributor
" Paypal is apparently unaware that it has numerous competitors, some of which (like Venmo) are FREE! If I had known about this policy change before listing my item on eBay, I would have specified Venmo instead of Paypal," Just an FYI. Venmo is not allowed to be listed as a payment method on ebay.
Login to Me Too

lukescowgirl

Does anyone know of a different site that I can use on ebay that is like paypal only better (one that doesn't hold your money)?  

Login to Me Too

Annoyedagain
Contributor
Contributor

No - Ebay owns PayPal (and does not publicize it) so that they force you to use Paypal.  Paypal has a monopoly.  You are not allowed to take any other form of payment - that would prevent Paypal/Ebay from stealing your interest (and holding your money)  THEY DO NOT WANT THAT - THEY RELY ON YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS YOUR FUNDS.    THEY MAKE FREE INTEREST ON YOUR MONEY.

Login to Me Too

bloodybill
Contributor
Contributor

That is 1OO% correct, ebay demand that the shopper pays with pay-pal. We have been with ebay 11 years and it's shocking whot happened in the last year or so.........

I would love to sell with any other company but i have not found anything better that helps me out with making extra money..

Login to Me Too

drleeky
Contributor
Contributor

why do I have a 21 day hold?? I have 100% positive feedback some within 30 days, comments include "great communication"  "fast shipping"  "item as described" I've been customer for years!  just BS to use our $ interest free!  " contact us" complete joke! have to do this crap to try to solve it myself, probably won't be customer much longer

Login to Me Too

eyetweaks
Contributor
Contributor

ebay **bleep**ed me after being a customer for over 10 years i started selling at first it was good i sold or bought over 175-500 items a month then 5 people in the last year said i shipped too slowly for them. Even though my shipping was in line with eBay's agreement and selected thru their options and terms on their site and delievery confirmation was added and tracking provided to the customer.

Ebay feels the need to hold my money now for up to 21 days and i am forced to send the item to the buyer prior to receiving payment for the item. Then after the customer received my item it is ebays descretion if i will recieve my money or not. I closed my paypal account and i am closing my ebay account soon as those dumb **bleep** figure out i am not paying them **bleep**. Ebay is a parasite company and treats both buyers and sellers like **bleep**.

Ebay is attempting to squash the small sellers those who helped them get started in the beginning and move to only retail items. It is their intent to completely remove the ability to sell unless you have the ability to ship within 1-3 days every item you sell. I am boycotting ebay and ask anyone who will and can to close your accounts in protest or at the least stop spending your money with this scum site.

Ebay **bleep**

Login to Me Too

eyetweaks
Contributor
Contributor

That is no longer true ebay no longer honors the sellers charges.  They told me they are holding my money for every payment for up to 21 days due to 5 people saying i was slow in one years time frame.  Consider this i do hundreds of transactions and one **bleep**ing **bleep** can shut me down?  suddenly ebay is the money police and can steal my money till time they decide to give it back.  They are trying to throttle and destroy the little stores they only want corporation selling on ebay those who can afford next day every time and have money to pay for it up front.  COMMUNIST i control on money dont **bleep**ing steal it.

Help stop the ebay abuse, next time you win an item leave your seller excellent feedback but lowest possible on all the details like shipping time etc.  **bleep** up their system so they can no longer abuse the sellers with it.

In the past month i have bought hundres of items a month or sold  items three people complained they didnt like their item 5 people said i shipped too slow.  I sell and buy to hundred sucessfuly but five **bleep**ing **bleep** can **bleep** you completely as seller what the **bleep** is wrong with this?  GREED!

Ebay has now place me on a suspension and is punioshing me by holding my money for up to 21 days its arbitrary and up to their internal decisions based on what they wouldnt tell me. I provide tracking for each item i sell i can prove deliever of the items i sell i even offer a return policy which is approved by ebay but because three people complained ebay has decided to hold my transactions till after i send the item and the users approve the transaction. they are illegally holding my revenue without paying me interest for up to 21 days per trans action. And i am expected to deliever the item in this time frame free? this goes against ebay nd paypals policy of not sending the item till it has been paid for in full. How am i suppose to purchase the item pay for the auctions on ebay and pay pal for the ttransaction yet i can not get my money till someone at ebay decides i can? HOW IS THIS FAIR TO ME THE SELLER? 

EyeTweaks: **bleep**ed by ebay again.

That is what i am telling the internet along with how you are **bleep**ing stealing my money by collecting the interest while you withold it illegally from me.

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

eBurn takes their fee out and PayPal too RIGHT AWAY. I have to pay for the box shipping and everything else out of my pocket. Like I said in the past I am just selling a few items on eBurn since it started out as an online garage sale. Then I am out. Yeah they are getting the best of me right now but it will be short lived.Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

dsgrinnell

Just got a notice that Paypal (aka RIPOFF) is placing a 21 day hold on my account.  Let's see, they charge me 2% to accept a payment and I get no interest on my money.  Total ripoff.  I use Paypal (RIPOFF) as a payment of last resort.  If anyone can pay by check or credit card, I'm more than happy to go out of my way to accept it.  Soon, there will be an alternative and I will switch immediately.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.