HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

It is BS, with no warning, right before Christmas, what mastermind decided it

would be a good idea? When I talked to a supervisor at paypal yesterday I

told him, you know we have NO control over whether buyers give us feedback

or not.

I ended up emailing buyers who had not left feedback yet and begging them to.

Overall, I am exhausted by the daily phone calls to ebay and paypal, the closing,

reopening and reclosing of my store and the lost money I could have made for

Christmas, but I had to pull off all my listing, because I was afraid I couldn't afford

to ship and I always shipped next day.

I am so sorry you cannot have your Christmas now, you have a lot of company,

unfortunately!

Login to Me Too

ddnlj
Contributor
Contributor

I agree whole heartedly.Thats bad business.Tie up my funds for 21 days.I?Money was going to be used for Christmas.

Login to Me Too

icantgetpaid
Contributor
Contributor

I got postive feedback, Christmas Eve, and they still haven't released my money.  I'm looking into Ebid as I type.  I as so fed up!

Login to Me Too

Linkoi
Contributor
Contributor

WHO WHO WHO NEW POLICY!!!!!

WTF I do artistic comission IN PERSON most of hte time the BUYER feedback is in my face (literaly) IS THIS why I can't USE my paypail to purchus things ONLINE.

I had to stop makeing dolls because I can't Send the wholesellers the money for hte parts.

I had a major slowdown in comics because I can't buy the specal paper anywhere close and I have to buy it online or its a 2 hr+ drive

Seriously WTF~ I have never had an uphappy cstomer in my LIFE but you can bet some wernt too pleased to hear I couldn't open the Dollshop on my homepage.

Login to Me Too

rpcesena
Contributor
Contributor

I just got burned by this too.  I haven't sold anything on eBay for awhile.  I put up an auction today that clearly states that my product will be shipped within "2 days or payment clearing".  With this new policy, the payment doesn't clear and I never ship the product.  I am contacting eBay tomorrow to see if I can cancel the auction because of  Paypal's policy (the terms of the auction cannot be met by the buyer).  This IS ridiculous. 

I have 93 feedbacks with 100% positive ratings!!!!!  I have been an eBay and Paypal user since 2001 !!!!!  So much for customer satisfaction!

I recommend to all of you considering Google Checkout.  I have a google checkout account and i will require payment using that method from now on!

Login to Me Too

jstagirl24
Contributor
Contributor

try this number for pay pal  frustrating but at least you can talk to someone, that is if you an get past their foreign accent..

402-935-7733

Login to Me Too

WEBSALES

They don't care about the seller. And they have our money collecting interest in their account. Billions of dollars just sitting in paypals accounts. They get richer and we get poorer. Its just not right.

Login to Me Too

liasoul
Contributor
Contributor

How much paypal would earn to keep all the money for 21 days? We actually have to pay interest to keep those kind of money for 21 days.

Login to Me Too

Pfish

PayPal just pulled a Netflix..won't be long now.

Login to Me Too

ocracokedreamer
Contributor
Contributor

It hurts when you are counting on it to buy Christmas. I have an item that is going to sell at a good price today. I could really use the money but even it I get it out tomorrow, It might be a week or more before I am able to get the money. Sad bu true.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.