HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

Dan,

I tried what you suggested.  That is the clearest answer I've seen about this issue and to me a fair solution if it works.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

jkusa
New Community Member

Paypal just put me out of Business !!!

Thank You Paypal for holding the FUNDS !!!

Good Luck 2 You

Login to Me Too

jskess003
Contributor
Contributor

I am defifinately not using Ebay or Paypal anymore. The only way I will ever use either of them again, is if PayPal gets rid of this BS policy, or Ebay starts offering payment alternatives. In my opinion, PayPal alreadt took too long to transfer fund to my bank account. Three days to do a wire transfer is ridiculous enough, now they want to USE other people's money to make interest on. There is no other reason. Ebay insures buyer satisfaction. If there are disputes, PayPal shouldn't  be involved in them anyway.

Login to Me Too

PatGarett

Paypal **bleep**!!!   you do everything by their rules and still they stiff the sellers.  I think its time to call the Sheriff and put up wanted Posters... and warn everyone using ebay in Bold Red Letters.....

Pat  (**bleep** off) Garett

Login to Me Too

Dangermouse
New Community Member

Spot on.

I don't know when Paypal decided to create this policy, since I'm what you could call a 'casual seller'.   I recently sold an item, which I cannot ship, because paypal won't release the funds for shipping!!!!  What the **bleep** is this?

Login to Me Too

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

I agree!! I had to spend $52.00 of my own money to ship my package (70 lbs) to a buyer who may or may not even leave feedback! Paypal recommended shipping the package asap and communicating with the buyer frequently. ALSO, Paypal charged $12.00 (which they received immediately) to process my money in slow motion.

I got charged $12.00 for them to hold my money hostage in case the buyer has a problem. I know some people may try to defraud others, but my feedback on ebay is %100. It seems to me that if they hold money for a period of time they may be collecting interest in an account.  Paypal is shooting itself in the foot. The door is wide open for another company to take there place. I WILL NEVER USE PAYPAL AGAIN!!  HMMMM business plan???

Login to Me Too

Lagan
New Community Member

I hate this new policy. I was counting on this money for christmas presents. Now I gotta wait till January 7th to get MY money? Ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I was counting on MY money I MADE by hard work for very little

for Christmas too and now, the week before Christmas I get scrougged

like you and many other small sellers. I didn't make much either,

after all the fees. But enough to go to a thrift store for presents and

now while those fat cows called ebay and paypal eat ham and buy

diamonds, we are left with bread and water, if that. I say MUTINY!!!!!!!

I am sorry for you not having money too, I know how hard it is!

Please Paypal, could you spare a dime?????????????

Login to Me Too

cmaypay
Contributor
Contributor

I just read this holding funds situation.  we are paying and transferring money with credit cards, not checks, money is instantly approved with credit cards or debit cards for transfer to PayPal, If a debit card is reversed for NSF, perhaps due to payroll late etc. etc. it can be run through again very quickly and the Buyer can be contacted by PayPal or the backup credit card can be charged.  Checks are held for 21 days of clearing various banks from one part of country to the other when you deposit them into your account.  That is why sometimes your funds are not cleared for release when you deposit various checks you receive.  Then those funds held earn interest for the banks as you can't use them, but they are earning interest on your money.  PapPal must be trying to run this like we are depositing uncollected funds from one different bank  to another.  I thought they were just a service to help the Seller get paid for product timely, not make money, by holdling funds Sellers have made for 21 days,  I for one wouldn't sell and collect money on paypal if that is how they are handling payments to Sellers, plus they pay themselves from the so called uncollected funds and are waiting to make sure they clear.  I DON'T THINK SO, IT IS JUST A SCAM FOR THEM TO HOLD YOUR MONEY.  THEN THEY SHOULD PAY THE SELLERS INTEREST ON THE MONEY THEY ARE HOLDING FOR 21 DAYS.  HMMMMM.  I can see how another company could compete with PayPal and make some money for fees charged upfront for processing and space for storefront and so forth.  SURE HAS GOTTEN COMPLICATED.  tHAT IS WHY I DIDN'T OPEN A STORE FRONT OR START A BUSINESS ON EBAY, IT WAS TO COMPLICATED.  yOU CAN'T SELL AND MAKE MONEY, IF YOU CAN'T GENERATE HITS AND THAT COSTS MONEY, SO YOU BETTER BE SELLING BAJILLIONS OF STUFF OR BE VERY GOOD AT AUCTIONS AS I THINK THAT MIGHT BE THE EASIEST THING TO DO TO GET PRODUCT IN FRONT OF THE CUSTOMER.

IT ONLY TOOK ME SIX MONTHS OF RESEACHING HOW TO SET UP A BUSINESS AND MAKE IT WORK WHEN I REALIZED ALL THE FEES, CHARGES, OVERHEAD JUST TO SELL SOMETHING AT YOUR SITE MIGHT NOT BE SUCH A PROFITABLE DEAL FOR THE LITTLE GUY.  I PAY FOR WHAT I BUY ON EBAY WITH PAYPAL, BUT ONLY IF THE SELLER REQUIRES IT AS I BELIEVE THE SELLER DOESN'T MAKE AS MUCH IF HE HAS TO PAY FOR ALL THE OVERHEAD TO PAYPAL. SHIPPING CHARGES I BELIEVE SELLERS ARE REALLY PUTTING IT TO THE BUYERS AND SOMETIMES THAT IS WHERE THEY MAKE THEIR PROFIT BY OVERCHARGING HANDLING COSTS, ADMIN. COSTS, AND SHIPPING FEES IN ONE HANDY LITTLE CHARGE.  I PAID $50 JUST TO GET A SMALL LAPTOP SHIPPED FROM DELL AND I KNOW IT COULD HAVE BEEN SENT FOR A LOT LESS THAN THAT.  INTERESTING, ISN'T IT.  CMAY

Login to Me Too

lw
Contributor
Contributor

Me too! I planned on using what funds  I had in my account for some Christmas gifts but I to have to wait until the 7th or until I get  a positive feed back from the buyer. THIS IS BS!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.