HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

craftyfaith54
Contributor
Contributor

thank you!

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@agentvice wrote:

TO SOME UP EVERYTHING, THIS IDEA TO MAKE MORE RESTRICTIONS AND HOLDS IS RETARDED AND HOW BUSINESS'S GET BOUGHT OUT OR FAIL. SPEED UP THE PROCESS ON TRANSFERS AND DROP HOLDS, IS HOW YOU MAKE A GOOD BUSINESS. SMARTER MANAGERS AND INTELLIGENT ACCOUNTANTS/IT PEOPLE.

GOOGLE PLEASE BUY PAYPAL, SAVE US ALL!

WHERE IS MY MONEY?

Summing up your statement: we in polite society don't use the term "retarded"; people who have a mental difference who are capable of understanding the world "retarded' really really get upset and hurt when you use that term. Please find another adjective when trying to describe things on these boards.

As some one else mentioned, the policy will be reviewed in 35 days. If you don't want to do business, don't. Google has no business interest in purchasing PayPal - that's been in the financial news.

Your money is on hold for 21 days, as the Terms and Conditions state. You'll get it then. (By the way - this is not unethical, as some have suggested. It may stink, but it ain't unethical.)

Have a nice day.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

I completely agree with Raveninred. Believe me, all that jumpin' up and down and doragatory name calling IS NOT going to get PayPal or eBay to change what they've been doing. I've been posting much longer than most of you, and I've followed many links about this topic from previous posters. The only people that put a scare into eBay was Louis Vuittton when they sued eBay a few years back. And also a couple of years back China and India shut PayPal down. You're dealing with big bucks here. Raveninred was exactly right when she said they took out the competition by buying out Yahoo! because eBay is a multibillion dollar corporation. They made their money right at the height of the online shopping craze.  The only way to get at them is for the whole country to shut them down (which I doubt because America was built on free enterprize), or for another giant corporation to challenge them.

Login to Me Too

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has the right to set Terms and Conditions.  No one said that was unethical.  

But what most certainly is unethical is the inequitable and disingenuous application of the terms and conditions.

So, I repeat.  Paypal is unethical.

Login to Me Too

craftyfaith54
Contributor
Contributor

Is it not unethical to say you can use money for shipping(which is in terms and conditions) and then not allow it?

Login to Me Too

craftyfaith54
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your advice and help, we really do appreciate. God Bless

Login to Me Too

sweetcakes
New Community Member

so i sold something on ebay shipped it and my  paypal balance is still pending. Why? The item i sold is clearly stated no refund so why wont they let me spend my money and the (click on) highlighted box that use to say mark as shipped now says issue refund? its only 12 dollars WTF?

Login to Me Too

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Took ALL of my money out of Paypal today.  Am looking at other options.  But know for sure that I won't let Paypal have access to a red cent!

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@terese2 wrote:

Took ALL of my money out of Paypal today.  Am looking at other options.  But know for sure that I won't let Paypal have access to a red cent!

Good for you!! It's your business and you have EVERY RIGHT to do that!! I hope that works out for you; I honestly do.

I hope you find a similar solution that will offer you every term and condition you want, in perpetuity. And they'll (the solution company) never have to make money, and will sacrifice everything, including their entire business enterprise just so you can keep everything you want your way. And then will go out of business and leave you....

Gee, still on these boards?

And I'm not being sarcastic in the least: I want to make this clear. I'm trying to point something out to you. In a Business - each side is supposed to get something. And when they don't, there are consequences. And those consequences: they're not always gonna be in your favor.

So I do wish you well. And I hope you find that perfect set-up somewhere. And I hope the sunrise goes down on you at the end of a good day of business, having your favorite libation.

Raven

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

Raven,

Why don't you just go away? People are here because they are frustrated, need their money, and they have no answers. Yes, yes, yes, I know..Go and read the rules. Well, that just doesn't make it any easier for those who cannot afford to sell if they don't have their money. Oh, BTW, it does state in Paypal that the money is the sellers (you stated earlier in one of your rants about Paypal being scammed so they have to protect themselves) but it is just not the sellers to use until it is taken off hold. Of course, that may be more than the 21 days they state.

I read everything about why funds would be withheld, and I do not fit into a single one of them other than my sales have dropped. I don't find holding my funds an equitable solution, and if you do, I would like to hear why.

You come on here and you act like you are the know all and are trying with no success to "teach these bumbling idiots", not my words but the way you come across related to what you think of the people here who need help. No, nothing here is going to solve the problem. Not even leaving Paypal will solve the problem. Paypal is the problem. They are not doing what is necessary to avoid people scamming them like you purported. I don't know where you come up with these things.

Bottom line you are saying to read what we signed up for and abide by it. Nothing is in perpetuity related to Paypal or eBay. A contract signed with a bank is for the length of time for which you signed. It certainly is a good thing that there are some things (like fixed home mortgages) that are the same for the length of the contract.

I think many on here are tired of your making us look foolish because our livelihoods are on the line. Why are you even on here commenting if you are okay with the funds being held? Just get off the backs of those who are hurting because of the Paypal changes, changes made with no explanation whatsoever. A business who changes their policies should notify all of those involved with an explanation and a choice. I don't think Paypal can or will offer a choice.

I just went into my Paypal account. I found on one page I am unverfied. Now, that is strange, since on another page my checking and my card numbers are there and they are confirmed and verified. Yet I go to another page and they are stating if I want my limit to be raised, if I wanted to send payments, I would have to enter my checking and card information to become verified. It appears to me that Paypal is all **bleep**ed up for this to be inclusive in my personal Paypal information... I am not verified supposedly, but my information is all there??? They need to get their act together, so stop this insane protection of their rights as a business to do as they please and if we would just read what we agreed to and shut up..that is what you are saying, and this is so far beyond that.

sigh.....  Yes, I got that from one of your posts intimating we are stupid and you can't teach us anything.

I, for one, am sick of seeing your not so nice comments about the people posting here. Get a life and go to another topic, but then you probably work for Paypal, right??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.