HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

sotek11
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think the people of Haiti can wait the 21 days for the money to be cleared, then the 3 to 5 business days for the transfer to occur.

Login to Me Too

sotek11
Contributor
Contributor

Do you suppose there is only one trained monkey answering both eBay and PayPal's email?  I swear it's the same dolt, because they never actually answer my emails, they just send back quotes from the policies which have nothing to do with the actual emails I've sent, if they could actually read them.

Instead of sending quotes back, how about sending  "I'm sorry, we REALLY **bleep**ed things up, here's everyones money".

Because it ISN"T PAYPALS MONEY!

Login to Me Too

sotek11
Contributor
Contributor

wow, they actually bleeped s-c -r -e- w -e -d  

Login to Me Too

DeadMosquito
Contributor
Contributor

RIGHT ON, HORRIBLE IDEA. i too am a casual seller with 100% positive feedback, and i have another account i use only for buying which is also 100% positive and has around 300 feedbacks. i recently sold an item which is how i discovered the funds holding policy.  

i read the policy and it says the funds can be released sooner if the buyer leaves positive feedback, which he did, 2 days ago. guess what, NO FUNDS YET. and i still have about 2 weeks to go.  so i try to contact paypal online and get an automated response directing me to the policy page, then i call the 1-800 phone number which directs me to call another phone number where i will be charged $3.70 to speak to someone. something tells me paypal will get their $3.70 right away. 

paypal got their fee, ebay got theirs, but unlike paypal and ebay who make millions, i have to wait 3 weeks? F'D UP. i can't wait. most people these days can't wait. 

whoever said it is right, paypal is leaving themselves open for someone else to come in and provide a better service. as much as humanly possible i will not use paypal.  

Login to Me Too

Sawa
Contributor
Contributor

Help this it stupid....

I made a purchase for $5.59 and they are holding my money (echeck) for 10 days... I pity the seller!  Give me a freakin break... I have the money in my account!  I don't shop if I don't have the money.  I really don't want to shop eBay anymore or pay-pal... it used to be fun!

Login to Me Too

stalemindwhat

This is crap i didnt have the money to ship the item i sold (which was the reason i was selling it in the first place) so i had to wait two days for my check to make it to my account( bet the buyer didnt like that now he will not recieve his item on time ) BUT WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? DO YOU THINK I SELL THINGS CAUSE I JUST LOVE TO GET RID OF MY STUFF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRUST ME ITS NOT BECAUSE OF THAT!!!!! ITS BECAUSE I AM BBBBBBBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!! I HATE THIS IDEA ITS TOTAL B.S. 

Login to Me Too

mattzader
New Community Member

THIS IS VERY STUPID!!!! I'm trying to ship a computer overseas for a client of mine, and he wont be getting it for 21+ days!!! He sent me the money through paypal so i can buy the shipping label and ship it, but now i can't and hes out of $300!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

citygal64
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree, its very annoying when Paypal "holds" the shipping charges and you're counting on those funds for shipping the item! What are they? I agree with extra security to prevent fraud, but they are stretching it too far!

Login to Me Too

billyquinn
Contributor
Contributor

i will never use paypal gd people dont know what they are doing i will be mass e-mailing to let people know how come things cost more and ill be letting them what sites to go to for better buys
Sarah - PayPal :
I'm afraid I didn't understand your question. Can you ask it more simply? see what i mean i am not paying for shipping that said you can tell the buyer why he did not get his 1500.00 coin tell him that 26.00 held it up i think he will tell you he payed 1526.00 where is his coin because ill tell him why

Login to Me Too

qute26

I sold an item as well that I was going to use the money from paypal to help pay for shipping. Well because dumb paypal decided to hold my money I wasnt able to ship it out until payday wich made the buyer not to happy!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.