HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

JGL
Contributor
Contributor

Now, I could be wrong but I thought it was specifically prohibited by Ebay to require payment by check, bank check, money order or any other system other than electronic funds transfer through Paypal, Paymate, Propay or Moneybookers.

Login to Me Too

Soonergirl
Contributor
Contributor

@JGL wrote:

Now, I could be wrong but I thought it was specifically prohibited by Ebay to require payment by check, bank check, money order or any other system other than electronic funds transfer through Paypal, Paymate, Propay or Moneybookers.

I didn't think we could use any electronic transfer company other than PayPal or ProPay on our eBay listings.  Are we allowed to use Paymate and Moneybookers on eBay?

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Stonegirl wrote:

I didn't think we could use any electronic transfer company other than PayPal or ProPay on our eBay listings.  Are we allowed to use Paymate and Moneybookers on eBay?

I believe so but don't quote me. From what I understand Paymate is a subsisiary PayPal because many believe that Paypal's days are numbered.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Junior57 wrote:

Never again...I am DONE SELLING on Ebay. I have had my PayPal account for YEARS. My item is sold item is digital and has no shipping so I wait. You guys get no more of my money...EVER!............

Believe me we know it's frusrtating, that's why this forum's 212 long! But don't throw in the towel yet. There're plenty of other auction sites and payment systems out there. If you like I can name a few of them for you.

Login to Me Too

Soonergirl
Contributor
Contributor

@Djten wrote:

@Junior57 wrote:

Never again...I am DONE SELLING on Ebay. I have had my PayPal account for YEARS. My item is sold item is digital and has no shipping so I wait. You guys get no more of my money...EVER!............

Believe me we know it's frusrtating, that's why this forum's 212 long! But don't throw in the towel yet. There're plenty of other auction sites and payment systems out there. If you like I can name a few of them for you.

Junior57 ~ Please don't give up online auctions altogether ~ just look at other options.

I just set up a store on eBid.  They have Google Checkout and PayPay directly available on their listings and we can use any other payment method we select (PayPro, Moneybookers, money order, checks, etc.).  I will attempt to get all of my buyers on eBid to use Google Checkout or ProPay and NOT PayPal.

I am still in the process of setting up my eBid store and have not yet sold anything on this site but I'm hopeful it will be a positive and lucrative venture.

Login to Me Too

fjp800
Contributor
Contributor

@Soonergirl wrote:

@Djten wrote:

@Junior57 wrote:

Junior57 ~ Please don't give up online auctions altogether ~ just look at other options.

I just set up a store on eBid.  They have Google Checkout and PayPay directly available on their listings and we can use any other payment method we select (PayPro, Moneybookers, money order, checks, etc.).  I will attempt to get all of my buyers on eBid to use Google Checkout or ProPay and NOT PayPal.

I am still in the process of setting up my eBid store and have not yet sold anything on this site but I'm hopeful it will be a positive and lucrative venture.

Let me know how you make out with the e-bid store.  I listed two items about a week agao and no sales so far.. I wonder if it would be a good idea to send out a "thank you" note to your Buyers on e-bay and mention for them to take a look at e-bid next time they are looking to make a purchase.. Plus, on e-bid the costs are less, so you can offer items for less money.. A win win situation for the sellers and buyers...

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

fjp800 wrote:

Let me know how you make out with the e-bid store.  I listed two items about a week agao and no sales so far.. I wonder if it would be a good idea to send out a "thank you" note to your Buyers on e-bay and mention for them to take a look at e-bid................

And to all the others: I'm starting to see and find out the old cliche' that in order to make money you have to spend money. That's the ABCs of all business whether big or small. A friend of mine at my job who was browsing my site told me that the only way to get my business going was to take extra steps to put myself out there.

I subscribe to this site called ineedhits.com which cost $2.99/month, and they supposedly submit your online store or website to different other search engines, which there are so, so many! But here's the catch: you have get in touch with some of these search engines yourself. For instance, this SE called Jayde ( the B2B Search Engine ), will send me emails every other day advertising different SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) tools and links. And when I click on the link it may be an SEO company trying to build itself up, and they have about a dozen different catagories with many different links in each catagory.  But they will charge a certain fee for you to take advantage of their services. same thing with email marketing.

I haven't done this up to now. For the last few years I thought all I had to do was have an online store and that was it. I just went to Philly for the July 4th holiday weekend. With the money I spent boarding my pets, the hotel ( and plus I got a $300 ticket for a handicapped spot! ), you can bet I'll be delving into ways to make my business grow now!! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Samdawop
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Pal & e-bay have a thing but, Why hold funds When a Buyer, (A Perfect score) and sales has to be withheld their right to their funds? Let me say that I have a lawyer looking into it. Although my money is not important, I dont like people who think they are so much greater than us doing whatever they want anytime. On top of that Lets say "A seller has no money and trying to make ends meet" THEY NEED THEIR CASH TO SEND THE FRICKEN ITEM YOU JERK" I have gotten my item late because of this very crap. JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Samdawop wrote:

Pay Pal & e-bay have a thing but, Why hold funds When a Buyer, (A Perfect score) and sales has to be withheld their right to their funds? Let me say that I have a lawyer looking into it. Although my money is not important, I dont like people who think they are so much greater than us doing whatever they want anytime. On top of that Lets say "A seller has no money and trying to make ends meet" THEY NEED THEIR CASH TO SEND THE FRICKEN ITEM YOU JERK" I have gotten my item late because of this very crap. JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Save your money in retaiing your own attorney--There was a major class action filed in May and it costs nothing to ad your name to the class.

Go to letssuepaypal.com to read the complaint and get the details- listed in the first paragraph.

As PayPal likes to change links you can also go to the attorney's link  The Law Firm is FREED & WEISS LLC and the contact person is Julie Miller. Her Contact Number is: 312....

Contact them and they will send you a form to fill out and add your name.  I too do not care about the money it is the principle.

Login to Me Too

KrakrJak
Contributor
Contributor

I too like many of you got this hold thing put on my account. I called them and got the same answers, yes I have 100% positive feedback, yes I have been a power seller since 2003, but it is the new policy and nothing can be done. I said BS, I can do something about it. All my eBay auctions now say Postal Money Order Only! PAYPAL IS NOT ACCEPTED!! It has not affected my auctions or sales one bit, in fact I make more now since I am not paying PayPal any fees! Just go to the Post Office and cash the MO as I am shipping out the product. Much simpler now, thanks PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.