HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

dbcpunk
Contributor
Contributor

Dont feel this way, the buyer has to send the ring back to you, with tracking, to prove she did so, also this is a good thing for you, since you sold it to low, I would not be in such a rush to quit, just because of a policy hold, a lot of this, is due to many scams, and paypal and ebay are just trying to curb their loss, once ebay paypal see you have kept a good sellers reputation, things will change.

Thank You

Darrell

Login to Me Too

mcliff68
Contributor
Contributor

Darrel! You sound like a very nice person and I would love to believe that Ebay and Paypal had some realistic reason for doing this to so many of us. If you read these posts you will see that having a good sellers reputation hasn't meant SQUAT to them. What they care about is money and it's not up to us to "COVER THEIR LOSSES" Actually, I'd like to know exactly what losses you're referring to. Read the agreement!!!! "PAYPAL AND EBAY CAN'T BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON THEIR SITE"!  Now you know why!!! Good luck....but take off the rose colored glasses and don't link your personal accounts to these people..........BE SMART!

Login to Me Too

Raquelkenyon
Contributor
Contributor

I just had my Ebay account suspended and lost a cutomer because of this stupid rule. It just paypal holding funds so they can collect interest on our money. they have no right to hold money that is not thiers or they're responsability. I'm taking this story to the newspapers and closing my account. after my money is released of cource.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor
Raquelkenyon wrote:
I just had my Ebay account suspended and lost a cutomer because of this stupid rule. It just paypal holding funds so they can collect interest on our money. they have no right to hold money that is not thiers or they're responsability. I'm taking this story to the newspapers and closing my account. after my money is released of cource........

Join the club! That's why I closed my store alltogether!!!
Login to Me Too

prtyunike

does this mean that i have a negative standing or did something wrong? i was receiving payment as soon as an hour and now theyre all pending all my money that is "my" money is on hold!!!! wth 

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor
prtyunike wrote:
does this mean that i have a negative standing or did something wrong? i was receiving payment as soon as an hour and now theyre all pending all my money that is "my" money is on hold!!!! wth .............
  You need to hang around on this discussion board for a bit. When I say a bit, I mean for a least about a monthy. There's a reason this topic's over 200 pages full of posts. No, you did absolutely nothing wrong. Like I said, you hang around for a while and you'll find out why.
Login to Me Too

fjp800
Contributor
Contributor

@Djten wrote:
@prtyunike wrote:
does this mean that i have a negative standing or did something wrong? i was receiving payment as soon as an hour and now theyre all pending all my money that is "my" money is on hold!!!! wth .............
  You need to hang around on this discussion board for a bit. When I say a bit, I mean for a least about a monthy. There's a reason this topic's over 200 pages full of posts. No, you did absolutely nothing wrong. Like I said, you hang around for a while and you'll find out why.

I see that you are an advisor and I was wondering what qualifies you as an advisor?  How does PayPal choose an advisor  or are you an employee of PayPal?  Thanks

Login to Me Too

fjp800
Contributor
Contributor

@fjp800 wrote:

@Djten wrote:
@prtyunike wrote:

I see that you are an advisor and I was wondering what qualifies you as an advisor?  How does PayPal choose an advisor  or are you an employee of PayPal?  Thanks

Never mind.. I just found out how... I  am now an Advisor too... It depends on the number of posts done...

Login to Me Too

talegunnar
New Community Member

I'm a new victim of the hold scam. They say they will relase funds to let you mail your product, but only after you use other funds to "front" the amount, then the funds are released, of course, it takes 3 days to get put back in the bank. This really "provides suction"! To me that is lying. There is no provision for the shipping to be paid while you sit there and look at the entire amount sitting there on hold. If they're not going to release the funds then they should say so.

As far as customers getting ripped off (the supposed reason for the hold) perhaps this is a discouragement for scammers who would just collect money (one-timers)  or send something valuless or wrong instead of the item sold.

Still, sellers who have a record, even a short one, of doing business properly would not be the ones scamming people. So how does the hold help them? It doesn't, it hurts them. How does it help their customers? It makes things more difficult and may even cause them to have to raise prices to compensate for initial financing of items that were normally paid for beforehand. So it doesn't help them at all. If they are buying from a new seller or trying to buy something that has an amazingly low (unbelievable ie: too good to be true because it is)  the caveat emptor rule always applies anyway. Stupid greedy people always get scammed, they ask for it, on eBay or in the real world.

Paypal is the one who stands to gain the most and pretty much (except for a few isolated cases where someone was totally scammed by a bad seller) the only one to benefit from this hold. The total volume of sales from eBay over a 3 week  period (at a time) is a cash flow that small countries would envy. It is way to generate milions in useable capital in a short time that costs nothing.

I think Paypal has made enough money and I refuse to finance their further ventures. There are alternatives to Paypal and I for one am going to find a good one. Although eBay is an expensive place to sell things, it has a pretty wide market. I hate having to pay listing fees that are so high, but I can swallow that for the purpose of selling my items and getting paid. Not getting paid is a serious issue for me and especially when the item I had is gone and out of my control. So Paypal has gone too far with it's absurd rules.

Paypal has offered no recompense for this absurd guise of stealing from me, so I am finished with them. They drew the line in the sand when I signed up. Now I am crossing that line. You don't have to use Paypal to sell on ebay.

Initiating a financially hurtful scheme such as this during a time of depression is not a good business tactic as if we can be fooled by the excuse that they are protecting the buyers. Does anyone really believe that BS?

So good bye Paypal, if you don't care, neither do I, May it join the ever growing list of financial organizations that thought they could get away with fooling and irritating the American public and are now non-existent. Personally, I will open my own company if I have to, Paypal isn't a monopoly.  It's not like we have to buy gas from a paypal pump.

204 pages of complaints and that is just those that know they can say something.

What were they thinking?

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

fjp800 wrote:

Never mind.. I just found out how... I  am now an Advisor too... It depends on the number of posts done.....

Dig this: I never said I was an advisor! Second, I meant what I said on a positive note. Third: and yes, I have not only been on this discussion board since about January but I've also read many of the links posted by people like Femsol and a couple of others. That's how I know things like Louis Viutton suing eBay. And eBay buying PayPal for a billion dollars! That's also how I knowabout countries like India and China not putting up with PayPal's nonsense! And fourth, I don't come off with negetive posts or ridicule anyone like Surplusdealdude and a couple of others who posted the same type of nonsense long before you started posting! And if you go back and read my previuos posts you'll find I make a lot of sense in the things that I say and don't ramble! Fifth, I had a store on eBay and pulled it off because of eBay and PayPal's foolishness, so I know what I'm talking about and I'm very much in the mix, my friend.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.