HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

fjp800
Contributor
Contributor

@sandypurins wrote:

PayPal will often release the payment 3 days after PayPal can confirm delivery of the item. If the shipping company's website shows the item as delivered and if PayPal has the tracking number and if it's been more than 3 days since the item was delivered, call PayPal to ask if it's sufficient to release the hold.

If you used PayPal or eBay shipping labels, PayPal already has the tracking number. Otherwise, you can upload tracking information from the PayPal Transaction Details page.

To call PayPal, login to your PayPal account and click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page... there you will find contact instructions and the PayPal phone number for your account.

Let me see if I get this right... So sellers now have to check see payments have been released, then, if not after three days, call PayPal and ASK if it is sufficient to release the hold.  Isn't it PayPal's policy to automatically release the funds after three days of receiving delivery notification???  Guess what?!?!? Sellers have enough on their plate and don't need to baby-sit PayPal in regards to releasing funds...  This has already happened to me on at least four occasions.  I have a list of at least 30 paid items waiting for payments to be released and simply do not have the time to double check each pending release to see if the payments are being held for longer than the three days or if feedback has be posted.....  I do not know what qualifies you as an advisor, but you need to improve your skills....
Login to Me Too

ThisComSuucks
New Community Member

PayPal **bleep**. I will support any grass root movement online to deter users, buyers, sellers, and anyone thinking of using this company.

The hold policy is horrible, the investigation process is **bleep**, and their results are often incorrect. I would highly reccoment sending only money orders and official checks and then waiting a week for payment clearance (to ensure fraud free payments),

The process will most likely be cheaper than paypals fees and you wont have the problem of dealing with a crooked company.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You can't reliably clear checks in a week.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@surplusdealdude wrote:

You can't reliably clear checks in a week.

Actually you can reliably clear checks in 24 hours. WOW look at who is buying into the banking propaganda!

Login to Me Too

spsniper8278
Contributor
Contributor

It is hard to imagine how I keep such a good sense of humor. I would like to thank the countless people who have listed their sufferings over PAY-PALS policy of "holding" your cash. BECAUSE OF THAT POLICY, my business is staring DEATH right in the face,even though I have 100% positive feedback. I can't buy! ,but why even sell because I'm just putting the money in their pockets. In my world,their policy is called theft. I have been disabled for eight years & selling items on my time is all I can do. Now I have to tell my customers that "I can't get your items because someone didn't get some last night & they are taking it out on me". I can't believe how pathetic somebody has to be in order to do this to good people. I thought I was the only one but today I discovered a boat load of messages like mine everywhere. I was told that as soon as they can "verify" that the customer has received the item,they can release the payment. I REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE POST OFFICE!! I can understand why a good seller / buyer can hate pay-pal"actually the one(s) who created that policy" with every thread of their existence. Why not, We are having every type of disaster, this is my personal financial meltdown,my oil spill ,my 911,My PAY-PAL. All brought on by one not very well thought out rushed policy that even a second grader know is wrong. The one(s) who made up this policy should be PUBLICLY whipped ,kicked in the groin,& FIRED. The policy should be called," come on & lets slow down the economy more".  Why don't they try a good policy."GO AFTER THE CREEPS & SWINDLERS WITH PILES OF BAD FEEDBACK & LEAVE THE REST OF US GOOD PEOPLE ALONE!! & to those brainwashed "YES" men, who think this is a good policy, here is a policy for you."Is not long,& it's simple" think about it as you are under the bosses desk. "FIND A CLIFF & STEP OFF"!!                   this is my message about that.......... Post what you want you will never hear from me again... I'm simply................. "Going out of business".

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE POST OFFICE!!

You have a legal responsibility to do so.

Under the law, you must ENSURE that your customer gets the parcel in the condition in which it was sold.

The Post office is the agent you have selected to accomplish this - you are responsible for their actions.

Being disabled isn't an excuse for a bad attitude or lousy service.

Login to Me Too

MagicalGal

Well that response was so helpful.  What about answering his rant on why the money is on hold?  Huh...makes me not sure of getting payments here. 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

There must be 50 threads about money on hold - I am through beating the subject to death any further.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@surplusdealdude wrote:

There must be 50 threads about money on hold - I am through beating the subject to death any further.

Can we now depend on that statement and not see anymore posts from you!  TGIF!!

Login to Me Too

fjp800
Contributor
Contributor

@femsol wrote:

@surplusdealdude wrote:

Can we now depend on that statement and not see anymore posts from you!  TGIF!!

Yep! You are doing a great job!!... The evidence 50 threads about money on hold... And, I bet they will keep on coming! Your answers reall make the Sellers realize the wisdom of withholding our funds... RE:TGIF.. I perfer Tuesday.. Less orders and less to input into tracking ifo for PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.