HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

dubbys1122
Contributor
Contributor

i have $500 being "held" by paypal pending confirmation of delivery. it has already been delivered. what can i do to get my money? this hold thing is stupid. i had to ship it with my own money now im broke. just give me my money.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal will often release the payment 3 days after PayPal can confirm delivery of the item. If the shipping company's website shows the item as delivered and if PayPal has the tracking number and if it's been more than 3 days since the item was delivered, call PayPal to ask if it's sufficient to release the hold.

Login to Me Too

dubbys1122
Contributor
Contributor

will it be like this for everything that i sell?

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You are a new seller selling $200.00 jackets. 

Holds are placed on new sellers with less that 100 feedback and/or bad DSR's.

All of your sales many not have holds

Certin high fraud catagories will have holds, no matter what your feedbac is.

But once you feedback gets to 100, most holds will stop.

Login to Me Too

tnafan734
Contributor
Contributor

Why is paypal holding my money if I have already shipped my item and the item was delivered to the address that was given to me when I was paid?

I want my money man, you got til 5 o'clock. You hear me? you got til 5o'clock. - Stewie from Family Guy.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Although the "hold" policy is a hassle, it does work.  We've had it happen to us 3 times since it was implemented.

Did you know that this is a Public Community Forum which is supported primarily by non-PayPal employees.   Many of us are online business owners and/or developers who Volunteer free time to help folks like you.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

dailydouble519
Contributor
Contributor

I am very unhappy with the money holding policy.With an Ebay sale and the shipping is included in the payment how are you suppose to get positive feedback or proof of delivery when you can not ship item cause money is being held. These are hard economic times and I can not afford to have my money held for 20 days.Its pretty bad when Ebay more or less forces you into using paypal.I liked the old days when you had a variety of ways to receive payments I realize some way to protect people from scams is important but to hold a sellers money who has shown no indication of ever scamming anyone is a very poor policy.

Login to Me Too

NEPA_Rider
New Community Member

Hello,  I just sold a large item on Ebay after a year or so of no activity. When the buyer paid, Paypal put a hold on the payment. I tried to use paypal shipping to ship the item, but they would not release the funds for shipping. So I had to go pay out of pocket at the local UPS store to ship the item out. 

Now, the item is shipped, but paypal does not know it because I couldn't ship through them, and the buyer, who keeps his feedback private, does not seem to be the type to leave feedback in return. So how can I get the funds released if I can't do what paypal wants me to do to release the funds?? Just sit back and wait?

I like the buyer protection, but what about me. I have 2k+ tied up that I need to keep my business going, and paypal is holding my cash.

How can I get this released???

Thanks,

Mark 

Login to Me Too

pathfinder450
New Community Member

skier
Advisor
Advisor

How can I get this released???

Unfortunately YOU have no control.   It's basically up to the system which is a bit slow.   The system does work, it just makes folks nervous.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.