HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

anttellez84
Contributor
Contributor

I have over $2,000 on hold for 21 days! They said I will get it released when the customer leaves me positive feedback?! I didn't use ebay, this money is for a service that I did, if the customer was not happy with the service he would not have paid. So why are you still holding my money? I was planning on using PayPal to give my customers another way to pay me, that would have been several thousand dollars a week, but if they are going to do this then I will close my PayPal when this is over.

Login to Me Too

Bellmom06

I am so tired of this 21 day hold! Paypal has all of my credit and banking info and I have 100 positive feedback, but I now get **bleep**ed with the 21 day hold crap!!!!

No more- I will sell on Amazon.com from NOW ON!!

Login to Me Too

ParaLarry
New Community Member

WTF?

I've never had a problem with the few things I've sold online and NEVER a complaint from a customer. I've NEVER had a claim against me or a chargeback; I've NEVER had a dispute, my " average delivery timeframes, customer satisfaction, performance and history." have always been EXCELLENT.
So please be SPECIFIC as to why are you instituting this against me.
Your text below is too full of generalities to make any sense.
Sincerely
THIS IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED FOR NO CAUSE THAT I CAN THINK OF.
WHY?
- Hide quoted text -

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 7:43 AM, SERVICE AT PAYPAL.COM wrote:
Hello ParaLarry

We're writing to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.

Starting 1/6/2012, money from payments you receive will be placed in a pending balance for up to 21 days. By doing this, we're making sure that there's enough money in your account to cover potential refunds or claims.

Even though you can't access the money right away, please ship orders quickly and communicate with your customers. After 21 days, you can withdraw money from each payment as long as the customer hasn't filed a dispute, chargeback, claim, return, or reversal.

The money may be available sooner if:
1. We can confirm that the item was delivered.
2. Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items)

This change isn't necessarily permanent. We'll review your account every 35 days and re-evaluate if we should continue to hold your payments. If we decide to stop holding payments, we'll email you to let you know.

Why are my payments being held?
We reviewed your account and determined that there's a relatively higher than average risk of future transaction issues (such as claims, or chargebacks, or payment reversals).  We understand that it may be inconvenient to have your payments temporarily held but please know that we didn't make this decision lightly.

Before deciding to hold payments, we consider many factors. These factors include account and transaction activity, the rate of customer disputes, the type of business a seller runs, average delivery timeframes, customer satisfaction, performance and history.

Questions? Let us know
We understand you’d like to have immediate access to the money you receive and we’re here to answer your questions about this change to your account.

For more information and tips on what you can do to avoid having your future payments held, please see our Frequently Asked Questions. To speak to a Customer Service representative, log in to your PayPal account and click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Thanks,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PPID PP1529
Login to Me Too

catscratch9
Contributor
Contributor

I share everyone's anger and frustration. In December I sold an item on eBay, and tried to print and pay for a shipping label with some of the proceeds of the sale. Big shocker- PayPal would not release a penny, even though the account was linked to my bank account. Even though my feedback was 100%, etc., etc. EVEN THOUGH PP SAYS THAT YOU CAN PAY FOR A SHIPPING LABEL WITH THE PROCEEDS! They wanted a link to my credit card, and told me that the postage would be charged to the card. Hello US Post Office. At least I get a "hello" and "have a great day" when I do business there. It's worth the extra money.

There's got to be a better way.

Login to Me Too

raemad
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with all with all who wrote about the 21 day BS, I need MY money! HOW DARE THEY! There are zillions of us who are furious..they do not give a hoot. My husband died with no will, untill probate comes i have NO MONEY TO LIVE-i was elling on ebay to make ends meet and they told me I cant get my money for 21 days! They sure did not tell me inadvance! I would have gone elsewhere ifthey had. How ROTTEN, cruel, just plain EVIL> may they live teh life they are making us all go through-REAL SOON..and may they stay there FOREVER! HEARTLESS greedy ruthless PIGS! this is unclled for...I want MY money!!!!!! I guess there is nothing we can do but wait for our bucks, then take them to etsy, amazon, craigs list or elsewhere????

Login to Me Too

myabbiesattic
New Community Member

I have called pay pal 4 times now trying to get a reasonalbe explanation as to why there is a hold put on my account after 4 months of doing business. I have had no complaints, no failure to deliver merchandise and no damaged merchandise sent.. I have been put on hold several times waiting to talk to someone and I currently have been on hold about 15 minutes waiting to speak to a manager. I have talked to 2 supervisors, the first one did not now his head from his rear end. The second one didn't want to give me a manager said he had explained the reason, I said if I am not satisfied with your reason then you have not explained and I want to speak to a manager.

Am I the only one who has had a problem getting an answer to a problem or is this par for pay pal. Is there another way to do business without dealing with pay pal??? After waiting on hold for almost 20 minutes I gave up and hung up!!!! Thanks Pay Pal for your not so excellent customer service!!!

Login to Me Too

cdorris
New Community Member

I agree!  Pay

@myabbiesattic wrote:

I have called pay pal 4 times now trying to get a reasonalbe explanation as to why there is a hold put on my account after 4 months of doing business. I have had no complaints, no failure to deliver merchandise and no damaged merchandise sent.. I have been put on hold several times waiting to talk to someone and I currently have been on hold about 15 minutes waiting to speak to a manager. I have talked to 2 supervisors, the first one did not now his head from his rear end. The second one didn't want to give me a manager said he had explained the reason, I said if I am not satisfied with your reason then you have not explained and I want to speak to a manager.

Am I the only one who has had a problem getting an answer to a problem or is this par for pay pal. Is there another way to do business without dealing with pay pal??? After waiting on hold for almost 20 minutes I gave up and hung up!!!! Thanks Pay Pal for your not so excellent customer service!!!

pal has an old email address which I have not used in 7 years and keeps sending my confirmations to it.  When I have tried to edit or remove this address and update to my new address I am unable to after about 10 attempts in the last 5 years.  I to get someone overseas who has no idea how to do this and have yet to receive any type of reply.  At least with me there is no $$$$ involved but I feel your pain.

Login to Me Too

djdoobius
New Community Member

God. I couldn't agree more this is total bull**bleep**. Does E-Bay know that Paypal is trying to ruin their business. Nobody is going to want to sell on E-Bay anymore if they always have to wait a frickin month to get their **bleep** money. Is paypal going to pay me interest for me letting them borrow my money for 21 days like a bank does? I need that money now not a month from now. They have no right. Not to mention the fact this does nothing to protect sellers. All a buyer has to do is tell E-Bay they never recieved the item you sent them. How can you prove that you sent it to them?

Login to Me Too

Bowitch
Contributor
Contributor
Tracking &have a signature required (chg. Them in your shipping price ) They cannot get out with the old I didn't recieve line this way.
Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

Its NOT Paypal! Paypal is just doing what Ebay told them to. Ebay owns paypal. You signed a user agreement with Ebay letting them have access to your paypal account. It doesn't matter how many of ebays hoops you jump they have control. The only way out is to get out of ebay. They have done it to millions & they Dont care. I went to ebid.net & No 21 day holds on the items I've sold. Oh & guess what according to the attorney general you signed user agreement letting them hold your funds for up to 180 days! They collecting the intrest & you go broke while trying to jump their hoops! You can use paypal in ebid.net with NO Holds! Yes sales are slower than ebay but its growing & building. We built ebay we can build this one!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.