HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Crafty_1-Two
Contributor
Contributor

HI BLACKHAWKMEDIC6

DID THIS EVER HAPPEN?  JUST CURIOUS. THANKS Crafty_1-Two

@blackhawkmedic6 wrote:

ON the paypal website, there is a link for "contact us".Click on it and select "email" and you will be able to send an email with your concerns. I did and received a response already. I was told that if I provided them the tracking number or the buyers info taht left the feedback for the item that I sold, they would be able to apply my funds within 3 days. We'll se if this happens.

Login to Me Too

blackhawkmedic6
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

After contacting Paypal via email inquiring about my money being held, I was told that if I gave them the tracking number for the package that I sent, then they would release my funds. They also said that if I provided the ebay feedback from the buyer showing they received the item, that would be another way that they would release the funds. As soon as I did this, I got the money in my account within a couple hours. Hope this helps any of you that are going through this.

Login to Me Too

Jmcguirk2
Contributor
Contributor
Once I get the money from my last two sales on ebay I will be through selling on ebay and using Paypal. I will be turning them in to the BBB and hope that enough people get fed up with them that they have to change their policy. They are holding over eight hundred dollars of mine. I have been a member since 2002. This is a despicable business practice. What are they doing with MY money? As I have read other s stating the same problem, I am tired of waiting for feedback. I have at least 8 people who need to leave me feedback. Most are realitive new to eBay. I have e-mailed all of them asking for feedback. Not one answer. I realize this is a holiday season but they took time to buy items from me so I would think they could be courteous enough to leave feedback. Will eBay or Paypal make buyers leave feedback? Nooooo. It used to be a great avenue to sell unwanted items but I will no longer be at their mercy. I hope someone with more money than I will take them on. This is unethical and just down right crooked. The 5 people I spoke with all said about the same things to me. Don't they feel bad ? One person has been upset wiht me in 9 years and this is how I am treated. Done.
Login to Me Too

Crafty_1-Two
Contributor
Contributor

YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO WHAT I HAVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO.  SEND ALL YOUR INFORMATION DATES, TIMES, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO YOUR SITUATION AND SEND IT TO THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN SANTA CLARA, CA WHERE PAYPAL IS LOCATED THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING EVERYTHING FROM ME ALONG WITH THE AGENCIES LISTED THAT I HAVE FILED COMPLAINTS WITH, THEY ARE THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, THE BBB, THE "DFI" DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF BANKING, THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT FOR UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES AND FRAUD, THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION THESE AGENCIES HAVE THE INFORMATION AND FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND FROM SPEAKING WITH PEOPLE IS THAT PAYPAL/PAYPAL SMART CONNECT/GE CAPITAL RETAIL MONEY BANK/GE MONEY BANK ARE NOT VERY POPULAR AND HAVE LOTS OF COMPLAINTS.  IF YOU FILE WITH THESE AGENCIES MAKE FOR SURE YOU TELL THEM EVERYTHING AND GIVE THEM DOCUMENTS ESPECIALLY COPIES OF EMAILS AND THE PHONE CALL DATES WHICH CAN BE VERIFIED THROUGH THE TELEPHONE COMPANY ALONG WITH WHAT IS DONE AND SAID  ANYTHING THAT A COMPUTER HAS IN IT A PROFESSIONAL CAN FIND EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE IN THAT COMPUTER AND EVERYONE WHO HAS SAID OR DONE ANYTHING IN THAT COMPUTER.  I ALSO COPY AND PASTE MY ANSWERS OR QUESTIONS THAT I RESPOND TO OR ASK PEOPLES ADVISE ONLINE IN THE WATERCOLORS.  WHEN THEY ARE EDITED AND NOT ALLOWED AND TAKEN OFF, I STILL HAVE THE COPIES AND SO DO THE AGENCIES LISTED ABOVE. MY PROBLEM STARTED IN OCTOBER OF 2011 AND ITS STILL NOT TAKEN CARE OF ITS STILL MORPHING INTO WHAT I HAVE NO IDEA.  IF YOU TAKE ONE MILLION PEOPLE AND TIMES THAT BY LETS SAY $20.00 IS HELD FOR ONE MILLION PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY THAT THEY MAKE ON US $2000,0000.00 AND YOU KNOW THERE ARE MORE THEN ONE MILLION PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH THESE COMPANIES TIMES THAT THAT IS HOW MUCH MONEY THEY ARE MAKING BY HOLDING FUNDS, THE GUY I TALKED TO AFTER I HAD EMAILED A ZILLION TIMES WHEN THEY TOLD ME LAST YEAR THEY WERE PUTTING A HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT WHICH I NEVER RECEIVED AN ANSWER I WAS FORCED TO CALL AND THEY GUY I SPOKE TO TOLD ME THEY JUST DO THAT AND THERE ARE TOO MANY ACCOUNTS TO GO THROUGH!  NOW IMAGINE THAT!!!!!!  WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHARGE THEM FOR WHEN WE LOOSE CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF THE HOLD POLICY WITH SHIPPING PROBLEMS PAYING PROBLEMS ETC., ETC. THAT MONEY BELONG TO US NOT THEM YET THEY ARE MAKING MONEY ON IT.  WE NEED TO GET UNITED HERE THE MORE THE BETTER START FILING COMPLAINTS ALL OF YOU ESPECIALLY THE  ONES THAT RECEIVE NO ANSWERS. 

THIS WAS IN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL  PLEASE READ!!!!!! “BIG BANKS JOIN BATTLE FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS”- HIGHLIGHTS; BANK OF AMERICA, WELLS FARGO AND JP MORGAN CHASE JOINING FORCES TO CREATE “CLEAR X CHANGE” TO COMPETE WITH PAYPAL (ARTICLE NOTED THAT PAYPAL REVENUES ACCOUNT FOR 1/3 OF EBAY'S TOTAL REVENUE) AND OTHER ONLINE PAYMENT SYSTEMS, HEAVILY MENTIONED IN GOOGLE'S SYSTEMS.

Login to Me Too

laurabean5281
New Community Member

My paypal account now says that any payments made to it will be held for 21 days. I have a question about that. I have a friend that owes me money and she doesn't live around here so I was just going to have her send it through paypal. If she sends me my money and does it as a personal transaction will the payment still be held for 21 days? I don't see why it would since i'm not selling her anything and there's no need to hold any money but I can't find anything on the website saying otherwise. I need to get this money sent to me today as christmas is only a couple of days away and I was planning on using it to do some last minute shopping.

Login to Me Too

mortis468
New Community Member

I have been with ebay and paypal since 2002 and I had one negative experience with a buyer who could not tell the difference between vinyel and leather - long story. I had to use my buyers ebay account for selling transactions and now paypal is holding my payments even after the item has been shipped, delivered and positive feedback received. This is my final dealing with these condescending monsters at ebay and paypal. I set up a google wallet account so easy, I absolutely refuse to sell anything or buy anything from anyone who uses paypal.

If enough of us join together we can bankrupt these jerks. Sign up for an account with Google checkout and you will get paid instantly, and the best thing also, at ebid.net there are no listing or selling fees. I listed 10 items on ebay, 2 sold after 14 days, and on ebid.net, the other 8 sold on the first week.

See you later jerks, once the funds are released I am cancelling my ebay and paypal accounts permanently.

Login to Me Too

dixiebikes
New Community Member

I have a dsr rating  5.0/ 4.9/ 4.8/ 5.0  >>>>>> 44 GREAT feed backs >why in the **bleep** can't I get my shipping money or item money  that my cust. sends me. Instead I have to use my own $$$$$ to ship????????

Login to Me Too

LawrenceGould
New Community Member
BOYCOTT PAYPAL!!!!!!! What kind of idiot dreamed up this policy. Do they not know that in the financial world holding funds has costs - banks have to pay interest and as far as I am concerned this is fraud. My eBay buyer wants me to have funds right away. I literally am not taking PayPal anymore. Lawrence
Login to Me Too

sickofthissite
Contributor
Contributor

@whyte66angels wrote:

People it is NOT Paypal. It is the back stabbing Ebay. They really dont need any reason to do this to you & it is ONLY happening if You are selling in Ebay! I said no way! I gave Ebay 11+ years of my life to be treated like this NO! Join me I have found the SOLUTION! ebid.net We built Ebay we can build this one. It is growing rapidly. Join with a 1 time fee for power seller life time & take advantage of all the rewards. No listing fee, no picture fee, super easy listing platform, 5 stores Free, up to 5 pics per item, run item until sold for free, free buy it now, then there's the buddy points. Get points for signing people up, selling an item, buying an item, receiving feedback or giving feedback. Cash them in for item like t.v.'s, camers or other items like that. You've given ebay 8 time more of what this 1 time fee is. You can still use your Paypal with NO 21/180 day hold on each item you sell. Yes thats right 180 days. They tell you at first its 21 days but really its 180. I have yet to hear anyone getting there money in the 21 days even after jumping ALL thier HOOPS! Joim me at ebid.net

checks in the mail for your FANTASTIC promoting of ebid!

Login to Me Too

ProfessorGT
New Community Member

HOLDING MY FUNDS! WHO THE HECK DOES PAYPAL THINK THEY ARE!

BET YOUR BUTT I'M UPSET!

My eBay feedback rating is 100% POSITIVE with 390 transactions!

IN STEAD OF DEALING WITH THE FAKE, PHONEY, FRAUDS OUT THERE, PAYPAY WANTS TO PENALIZE EVERYONE BY INSTITUTING SOME DUMB SYSTEM-WIDE EDIT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO FORETHOUGHT.

WELL GREAT, THEY JUST **bleep**ED THEMSEMVES BECAUSE THE ITEMS I AM ABOUT TO LIST ON eBAY WILL HAVE BOLD TYPE INFORMING PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS ABOUT THIS BS, AND I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING PAYPAL PAYMENTS UNTIL SUCH TIME AS THIS REDICULOUS NONSENSE IS REMOVED.

I CAN ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS THROUGH ANOTHER MERCHANT SERVICE, THAT I WILL PROCESS MANUALLY WITH THE BUYER.

THANKS AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO PAY UN-PAL! 

LOOKS LIKE WE'LL HAVE TO GO VIRAL WITH THIS IN SOCIAL MEDIA BEFORE PAY UN-PAL WAKES UP!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.