HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

nguynu2401
Contributor
Contributor

I just looged into my email and i saw a message from paypal saying the same thing. I just started selling about 2 months ago, well over 40 items, 100% good feedback as a seller, ansd 100% good feed back as a buyer, Im unable to contact Paypal as everytime i call, the phone disconnects. This is whole thing makes me so mad and frustrated!!! From the sounds of it, there is nothing I / We can do about being punished for doing nothing wrong!!

Login to Me Too

wowzer101
New Community Member

WOW FROM THE LOOKS OF IT WE ARE BEING FLEECED...MY MONEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN  AVAILABLE TODAY AS WELL IS BERNIE MADEOLPH RUNNING PAY PAL NOW? WHAT A BUMMER...

Login to Me Too

blackhawkmedic6
Contributor
Contributor

Hi...I am in the same boat. it's been 11 days since the item I had sold and my funds are supposed to be available today and they are also still in pending status. Even a bank can clear a check almost instantly and at most in 3 days. So are sellers supposed to hold onto the merchandise until the money is deposited? I'm sure paypal would go out of business because no one would be happy, sellers or buyers. I think it's a scam on their part to hold our money, collect interest on it, and hope that we forget that we had money to collect so they can keep it. I am reporting them to the BBB for abuse of sellers money that is owed to them. I've bought and sold on ebay for 15 years and have used paypal for most of them. I have NEVER had to wait like this to get my money befoer. I'm not sure what the heck they are trying to do by **bleep**ing the sellers that obviously are selling the items for money and then holding it from us. Tell everyone that you know about this experience and maybe the bad service we receive will spread to enough people that it will impact the money they can make on us. Oh, did you also notice that paypal was sure to take out their fees from us selling before the funds are supposedly available? What's up with this? Obviously the money is available from the get go since they can take their share. I am SOOOOO irate!

Login to Me Too

Crafty_1-Two
Contributor
Contributor

YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO WHAT I HAVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO.  SEND ALL YOUR INFORMATION DATES, TIMES, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO YOUR SITUATION AND SEND IT TO THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN SANTA CLARA, CA WHERE PAYPAL IS LOCATED THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING EVERYTHING FROM ME ALONG WITH THE AGENCIES LISTED THAT I HAVE FILED COMPLAINTS WITH, THEY ARE THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, THE BBB, THE "DFI" DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF BANKING, THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT FOR UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES AND FRAUD, THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION THESE AGENCIES HAVE THE INFORMATION AND FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND FROM SPEAKING WITH PEOPLE IS THAT PAYPAL/PAYPAL SMART CONNECT/GE CAPITAL RETAIL MONEY BANK/GE MONEY BANK ARE NOT VERY POPULAR AND HAVE LOTS OF COMPLAINTS.  IF YOU FILE WITH THESE AGENCIES MAKE FOR SURE YOU TELL THEM EVERYTHING AND GIVE THEM DOCUMENTS ESPECIALLY COPIES OF EMAILS AND THE PHONE CALL DATES WHICH CAN BE VERIFIED THROUGH THE TELEPHONE COMPANY ALONG WITH WHAT IS DONE AND SAID  ANYTHING THAT A COMPUTER HAS IN IT A PROFESSIONAL CAN FIND EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE IN THAT COMPUTER AND EVERYONE WHO HAS SAID OR DONE ANYTHING IN THAT COMPUTER.  I ALSO COPY AND PASTE MY ANSWERS OR QUESTIONS THAT I RESPOND TO OR ASK PEOPLES ADVISE ONLINE IN THE WATER COOLER CONVERSATIONS  WHEN THEY ARE EDITED AND NOT ALLOWED AND TAKEN OFF, I STILL HAVE THE COPIES AND SO DO THE AGENCIES LISTED ABOVE. MY PROBLEM STARTED IN OCTOBER OF 2011 AND ITS STILL NOT TAKEN CARE OF ITS STILL MORPHING INTO WHAT I HAVE NO IDEA.  IF YOU TAKE ONE MILLION PEOPLE AND TIMES THAT BY LETS SAY $20.00 FOR EACH ACCOUNT IS HELD FOR ONE MILLION PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY THAT THEY MAKE ON US $2000,0000.00 AND YOU KNOW THERE ARE MORE THEN ONE MILLION PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH THESE COMPANIES TIMES THAT THAT IS HOW MUCH MONEY THEY ARE MAKING BY HOLDING FUNDS, THEY CHARGE US INTEREST AND MAKE INTEREST ON US AND WE PAY THEM INTEREST AND WHAT DO WE GET? We get a hard time customers who are mad at us not being able to do business because of holds, lose customers get customers mad at us all because they hold your funds for 21 days and then some are even held longer!!!!!!  It's just absolutley CRAZY!!!!!!  THE GUY I TALKED TO AFTER I HAD EMAILED A ZILLION TIMES WHEN THEY TOLD ME LAST YEAR THEY WERE PUTTING A HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT WHICH I NEVER RECEIVED AN ANSWER I WAS FORCED TO CALL AND THEY GUY I SPOKE TO TOLD ME THEY JUST DO THAT AND THERE ARE TOO MANY ACCOUNTS TO GO THROUGH!  NOW IMAGINE THAT!!!!!!  WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHARGE THEM FOR WHEN WE LOSE CUSTOMERS AND OUR BUSINESS IS EFFECTED BY THEIR HOLD POLICY BECAUSE OF THE HOLD POLICY WITH SHIPPING PROBLEMS PAYING PROBLEMS ETC., ETC. THAT MONEY BELONGS TO US NOT THEM THEY MAKE INTEREST ON IT AND WE PAY THEM INTEREST ON IT NOW IS THIS NOT CRAZY AND ONE SIDED?  YES IT IS ONE SIDED ALL THE WAY  THE AGENCIES LISTED WILL MAKE IT RIGHT.   WE NEED TO GET UNITED HERE THE MORE THE BETTER START FILING COMPLAINTS ALL OF YOU ESPECIALLY THE  ONES THAT RECEIVE NO ANSWERS. 

THIS WAS IN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL  PLEASE READ!!!!!! “BIG BANKS JOIN BATTLE FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS”- HIGHLIGHTS; BANK OF AMERICA, WELLS FARGO AND JP MORGAN CHASE JOINING FORCES TO CREATE “CLEAR X CHANGE” TO COMPETE WITH PAYPAL (ARTICLE NOTED THAT PAYPAL REVENUES ACCOUNT FOR 1/3 OF EBAY'S TOTAL REVENUE) AND OTHER ONLINE PAYMENT SYSTEMS, HEAVILY MENTIONED IN GOOGLE'S SYSTEMS.

@blackhawkmedic6 wrote:

Hi...I am in the same boat. it's been 11 days since the item I had sold and my funds are supposed to be available today and they are also still in pending status. Even a bank can clear a check almost instantly and at most in 3 days. So are sellers supposed to hold onto the merchandise until the money is deposited? I'm sure paypal would go out of business because no one would be happy, sellers or buyers. I think it's a scam on their part to hold our money, collect interest on it, and hope that we forget that we had money to collect so they can keep it. I am reporting them to the BBB for abuse of sellers money that is owed to them. I've bought and sold on ebay for 15 years and have used paypal for most of them. I have NEVER had to wait like this to get my money befoer. I'm not sure what the heck they are trying to do by **bleep**ing the sellers that obviously are selling the items for money and then holding it from us. Tell everyone that you know about this experience and maybe the bad service we receive will spread to enough people that it will impact the money they can make on us. Oh, did you also notice that paypal was sure to take out their fees from us selling before the funds are supposedly available? What's up with this? Obviously the money is available from the get go since they can take their share. I am SOOOOO irate!

Login to Me Too

Crafty_1-Two
Contributor
Contributor

YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO WHAT I HAVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO.  SEND ALL YOUR INFORMATION DATES, TIMES, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO YOUR SITUATION AND SEND IT TO THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN SANTA CLARA, CA WHERE PAYPAL IS LOCATED THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING EVERYTHING FROM ME

@wowzer101 wrote:

WOW FROM THE LOOKS OF IT WE ARE BEING FLEECED...MY MONEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN  AVAILABLE TODAY AS WELL IS BERNIE MADEOLPH RUNNING PAY PAL NOW? WHAT A BUMMER...

ALONG WITH THE AGENCIES LISTED THAT I HAVE FILED COMPLAINTS WITH, THEY ARE THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, THE BBB, THE "DFI" DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF BANKING, THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT FOR UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES AND FRAUD, THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION THESE AGENCIES HAVE THE INFORMATION AND FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND FROM SPEAKING WITH PEOPLE IS THAT PAYPAL/PAYPAL SMART CONNECT/GE CAPITAL RETAIL MONEY BANK/GE MONEY BANK ARE NOT VERY POPULAR AND HAVE LOTS OF COMPLAINTS.  IF YOU FILE WITH THESE AGENCIES MAKE FOR SURE YOU TELL THEM EVERYTHING AND GIVE THEM DOCUMENTS ESPECIALLY COPIES OF EMAILS AND THE PHONE CALL DATES WHICH CAN BE VERIFIED THROUGH THE TELEPHONE COMPANY ALONG WITH WHAT IS DONE AND SAID  ANYTHING THAT A COMPUTER HAS IN IT A PROFESSIONAL CAN FIND EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE IN THAT COMPUTER AND EVERYONE WHO HAS SAID OR DONE ANYTHING IN THAT COMPUTER.  I ALSO COPY AND PASTE MY ANSWERS OR QUESTIONS THAT I RESPOND TO OR ASK PEOPLES ADVISE ONLINE IN THE WATER COOLER CONVERSATIONS  WHEN THEY ARE EDITED AND NOT ALLOWED AND TAKEN OFF, I STILL HAVE THE COPIES AND SO DO THE AGENCIES LISTED ABOVE. MY PROBLEM STARTED IN OCTOBER OF 2011 AND ITS STILL NOT TAKEN CARE OF ITS STILL MORPHING INTO WHAT I HAVE NO IDEA.  IF YOU TAKE ONE MILLION PEOPLE AND TIMES THAT BY LETS SAY $20.00 FOR EACH ACCOUNT IS HELD FOR ONE MILLION PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY THAT THEY MAKE ON US $2000,0000.00 AND YOU KNOW THERE ARE MORE THEN ONE MILLION PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH THESE COMPANIES TIMES THAT THAT IS HOW MUCH MONEY THEY ARE MAKING BY HOLDING FUNDS, THEY CHARGE US INTEREST AND MAKE INTEREST ON US AND WE PAY THEM INTEREST AND WHAT DO WE GET? We get a hard time customers who are mad at us not being able to do business because of holds, lose customers get customers mad at us all because they hold your funds for 21 days and then some are even held longer!!!!!!  It's just absolutley CRAZY!!!!!!  THE GUY I TALKED TO AFTER I HAD EMAILED A ZILLION TIMES WHEN THEY TOLD ME LAST YEAR THEY WERE PUTTING A HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT WHICH I NEVER RECEIVED AN ANSWER I WAS FORCED TO CALL AND THEY GUY I SPOKE TO TOLD ME THEY JUST DO THAT AND THERE ARE TOO MANY ACCOUNTS TO GO THROUGH!  NOW IMAGINE THAT!!!!!!  WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHARGE THEM FOR WHEN WE LOSE CUSTOMERS AND OUR BUSINESS IS EFFECTED BY THEIR HOLD POLICY BECAUSE OF THE HOLD POLICY WITH SHIPPING PROBLEMS PAYING PROBLEMS ETC., ETC. THAT MONEY BELONGS TO US NOT THEM THEY MAKE INTEREST ON IT AND WE PAY THEM INTEREST ON IT NOW IS THIS NOT CRAZY AND ONE SIDED?  YES IT IS ONE SIDED ALL THE WAY  THE AGENCIES LISTED WILL MAKE IT RIGHT.   WE NEED TO GET UNITED HERE THE MORE THE BETTER START FILING COMPLAINTS ALL OF YOU ESPECIALLY THE  ONES THAT RECEIVE NO ANSWERS. 

THIS WAS IN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL  PLEASE READ!!!!!! “BIG BANKS JOIN BATTLE FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS”- HIGHLIGHTS; BANK OF AMERICA, WELLS FARGO AND JP MORGAN CHASE JOINING FORCES TO CREATE “CLEAR X CHANGE” TO COMPETE WITH PAYPAL (ARTICLE NOTED THAT PAYPAL REVENUES ACCOUNT FOR 1/3 OF EBAY'S TOTAL REVENUE) AND OTHER ONLINE PAYMENT SYSTEMS, HEAVILY MENTIONED IN GOOGLE'S SYSTEMS.

Login to Me Too

buzzard15

This is pitiful! If we didnt want our money then why would we be selling? They are holding $222 of mine! I have 4 kids to feed! These people are trying to take advantage of us!

Login to Me Too

dherbert53
Contributor
Contributor

I've had approximately 2000 PP transactions.  Suddenly...and without notice...PP started witholding payments last week.  

Seems like an epidemic.

I called customer service since there is no longer any way to Email same.

The man I spoke to was extremely condescending and claimed it was because "shipping fees were not refunded" when an item was returned.  I explained that Ebay told me in no uncertain terms that buyers were responsible for return shipping.

Then he pulled the "this is Paypal not Ebay" thing.

I have had maybe three or four negative feedbacks in all two thousand auctions....about one a year.  I have refunded shipping overpayments on at least two dozen occasions...often due to mistakes with the Ebay shipping estimator.

Am I dealing with the Gestapo here?

This is how businesses behave just before shutting the doors...milking their customers for all their worth.  Any suggestions?

Deano in Cincinnati

Login to Me Too

DShelly61

This has got to be a big rip off on Ebay's part as far as the average Buyer / Seller is concerned . Let us see how this works shall we ? I am charged $35 in seller fees when the auction closes on a sale . I am charged an additional $12 fee at PayPal ( Owned by Ebay ) for using their service .  I have a perfect record - over 5+ years buying  and selling on Ebay  , with 100% positive feedback ! Over 650 transactions ! I pay for a service !!!   , and now they withold my money causing a hardship for me , ie overdrafts from bank . etc ... I should charge them interest !!!   Their service is BS . I will never sell another item on Ebay again . Ebay can kiss my ... I am going to ebid ...

Login to Me Too

socal71taurus
Contributor
Contributor

it seemd the other guy is right, just before they close  there doors,,

paypal had a change right? n all of a sudden all of this starts happening, hhhmmm i wonder,,

and money tied down for 21 days? ,,can you say, making money with our money?

this would be a good time, for another ,,paypal, copy cat, to hit the internet world, another ewallet type, kinda like what paypal was at first,.

its a money world, and with lawyers and the right words, you can get away with anythng,.

suckers like us trying to do it the legit way get **bleep**ed!!!

**bleep**  paypal,.!!!!!!!!

if amazon was easier, i wud go there,lol

Login to Me Too

ineedmymoney
Contributor
Contributor

I have had MANY responses to my post.  It seems like no one can get through to paypal!  Ok, so if this is how they want to play.... forget paypal!  I don't sell on ebay but through my own website and they still are holding my money.  I am in the process right now of deleting paypal completely from all of my transactions and my website.  i will use a HTML tag format and have all payments directed to my credit card and bank accounts.  There is more than one way to skin this unfair cat!!!  I think we should all look into doing this.  NO MORE PAYPAL FOR ME!!!  Good luck everyone!  Kathy  at mustangpurses.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.