HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

jskess003
Contributor
Contributor

I think that Paypal user's against this hold policy definitely need to file a class action lawsuit. If I were an attorney, I'd file it myself. We NEED to get a petition to present to a lawyer and actually do something about this. I have seen hundreds of these complaints, but without taking action, paypal will continue to use our money for as long as they can. Are there any attorney's out there that use Paypal and are insulted by this seller bias policy? Let's get going with a class action lawsuit.

Login to Me Too

Warmachine_11
Contributor
Contributor

'WEBSTORE'

NO FEES, NO HOLDS, NO CRAP!

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

AND NO SECURITY EITHER

Login to Me Too

Warmachine_11
Contributor
Contributor

Is that what we are calling our held funds?

They are being held 'secure' for us?

Bahahahahahahahahahaahahaha!!!!!!!

If you don't get paid, you don't ship.

Seems simple enough to me!

Login to Me Too

ibaconi
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so I decided to no longer accept Paypal payment.  I listed an item and got the message that I HAVE TO choose an electronic payment option..  Choose from the only option offered. Guess what it is...   Yep.  Alrighty then, goodbye eBay.  And goodby to you all. Every time I read this stuff it makes me almost as sick as the knowledge that the US President is a Kenyan Muslim who claims to be Irish!

Login to Me Too

Lwood
Contributor
Contributor

I just received an email telling me that Paypal will start holding Payments to me for 'up to 21 days' due to an 'Account Review'.  What's this about?  I've had no 'negative' feedbacks, nor tried to spend money that wasn't available....so what gives with this 'new to me' policy?

Login to Me Too

Redwolf
New Community Member

I recieved this email today as well.    I do a few ebay sales per year, but receive payments for non-eBay items.   I have no negative reviews.    My mother in law sold her antique store, and the buyer makes monthly payments via my Paypal account - Mom can't afford a 21 day hold on her money.

We'll switch to Dwolla or Western Union.

Login to Me Too

Warmachine_11
Contributor
Contributor

First file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, it only takes a few minutes.

Next do the same with the BBB.

Lastly and most importantly, go to 'WEBSTORE' and do your business there, no fees, no holds and no bullcrap. You can use Google Checkout and drop PayPal.

You can also go to 'Yola' and open a free website and post all these complaints for the world to see. I am building several websites as we speak to get the word out.

Keep an eye out for anyone starting a class action lawsuit over this policy and JOIN IT.

**bleep** PayPal and eBay!!!!!

Login to Me Too

xxmaverick33
Contributor
Contributor

I called pay papal about them holding my received funds, they said they hold it  for Days. This sounds like making money with no interest, any suggestions besides class action suit. The Gov. Obviously doesn't care since they run it.

Login to Me Too

lopay
Contributor
Contributor

i cant pay my shipping bills.   i cannot touch my money in paypal..   i cannot buy christmas presents because paypal will not let me touch a dime of my money.   Over 800 dollars sitting there in my paypal account and Im broke.   is this happening to anyone else besides me?  paypal says its EBAY but i have 100% positive feedbacks.   over 3000 feedbacks since 1999.  i dont get it.  is this legal?   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.