HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Warmachine_11
Contributor
Contributor

Set up an account on 'webstore'

You won't have to deal with PayPal anymore!

Login to Me Too

Zer0gravity
New Community Member

Pay Pal Money Holds Policy has been forward to the Fedral Trade commission, and I was told they can't hold money unless they become a federally insured financial institution, but until someone reports them they wil continue to hold seller's money. My suggestion is to open up a merchant account, and no longer use paypal.

Login to Me Too

Kristacff
New Community Member

Same here. I never had issues selling through paypal before, but a week before Christmas and they are still holding my funds even though my availability date has passed. Cant reach ANYONE to talk to and the virtual agent is a joke. I'm beying **bleep**!!!

Login to Me Too

cmckamey1016
New Community Member

This is the first time I used paypal and it is ridiculous, never again! The buyer of my item on ebay sent payment right after they bought it & I printed shipping labels & updated shipping status. First of all, since my paypal account. is linked to my bank account., they took the shipping fees from my bank account at first. I think the next day they refunded JUST the shipping fees, and my funds availability was December 21st (tomorrow). Then a few days later, they changed it to December 15th. Still nothing, if it is not on there tomorrow not sure what I am gonna do because I need the money which is the ONLY reason I sold the item in the first place! And, they also keep reducing the amount I am supposed to receive by a dollar or two every other day it seems. I tried to email but its not a real email they make you pick a topic & subtopic from a list of only 5 topics and none of which is going to help me with my individual account! The virtual person just kept asking the same question over & over. When I clicked the option to call them they gave me an 888 number that kept connecting me to a chat line or hook up line...WT*!! I only set up paypal because it is advertised as the best/fastest/safest way to send/receive money and EVERYONE is accepting paypal as payments now! Its a joke as far as I am concerned. I want to close my account but I am afraid if I do, my money will NEVER come and "GET LOST" somewhere!  It's pi**es me off because the money was to help with my children's Christmas because my husband is laid off right now, but it looks like thats not gonna happen! I seriously cant believe a company that I hear so many positive things about doesn't ever have an ACTUAL PERSON to talk to for customer service!

Login to Me Too

csalinger
New Community Member

I would like to know why my funds are being put in a hold position.  I've had not disputes, I've paid all my fees.  What's this all about?   You can't find anyone by automated idiots to talk to.  I resent this and want to cancel my account and can't find out how to do that.  

Login to Me Too

Sharpshin1
New Community Member

PayPal is withholding funds from you being able to transfer to your bank for up to 21 days? Why as an ebay seller would I ship items to a buyer and have to wait that long for access to my funds? I do not get this?

HELP

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Sharpshin1 wrote:

PayPal is withholding funds from you being able to transfer to your bank for up to 21 days? Why as an ebay seller would I ship items to a buyer and have to wait that long for access to my funds? I do not get this?

HELP

___________________________________________________________-

Question for you. Why do you think this discussion board's almost 600 pages long?? That is why so many people since this topic's creation, have not only left this board but have long gone on and left left eBay. Not only have they left eBay but set up shop somewhere else like ioffer.com, boocoo, ebid, or a whole slew of other online sites. Or they've just gone on and opened up websites, period. But in any case, don't close your PayPal account because they don't do that 21-day hold foolishness with theother sites. Not that I know of.  

Login to Me Too

ashleyaviator
Contributor
Contributor

I had ebay hold my funds because I sold in a different category. They became unheld THEN paypal started holding them. Why?? No reason. I called and after 40 minutes on the phone she said in terrible english that my account would be reevaluated on the 16th of this month. Three days ago. My funds from previous transactions will most likly not be released... perfectly around the holidays. I wish there were a different way to accept funds besides paypal. It's getting ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

ineedmymoney
Contributor
Contributor

This is absolutely ridiculous!!!  PayPal just informed me today, that as of today, my payments would be with held from me as well!!!!  What a racket!  A little forewarning would have been a good thing so that I could at least pay my bills with the money that I have sitting in their banks!!!

I have had absolutely NO COMPLAINTS, NO REFUND REQUESTS, have always shipped to my customers and used their shipping labels every times, except when my printer was down and I had to buy a new one!

I just believe that any excuse to hold OUR money is just that... An excuse!!

I will most definitely be finding other ways to secure payments from my customers in the future! 

Merry Christmas to you too Ebenezer "PayPal" Scrooge!   You just ruined mine for my children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

U12dream
Contributor
Contributor

In my opinion paypal, which is owned by ebay, has a racket going on, hold funds from seller and not issuing refund for 30 days to buyer when seller cancels the transaction. There has to be some Local State or Federal Law that are being broken holding funds from seller and holding refund to buyer. Seriously who is earning the interest on these funds? 

Any Attorneys out there that want to fill a class action law suit? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.