HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

johnahex

Glad to see that Im not the only one being **bleep**ed by the illegal monopoly known as Ebay. Been a member since 2000. Once  I finally do receive my stolen funds Im done with both of these a hole institutions.

Login to Me Too

David05
Contributor
Contributor

YEP WE ALL ARE! !  Think of the interest that's made on held money that belongs to us if there were 1000 sales at $100.00 each and Paypal held it all in their account at .. Lets say at a 2% interest rate for 21 days . that's a substantial amount of money their making . When in reality it's our interest money , and we all know there's a lot more than 1000 sales made .

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

know everyone is have a heck of a time with this 21 day hold which is accually 180 days or more. Every person in this community board has tried just about everything including contacting the attorney general. Just to get told "you signed user agreement giving them the right to do this". Well everyone in this forum built ebay. We can watch it go. They did this to me with no reason except ebay padds thier shipping calculator & the customer did not like it. The DSR! The DSR "Buyers Opinion" ! Well I found a solution to the 21 day hold ebid.net. I help build ebay with 11 years of my life buying & selling. Can you imagine what ebid.net will be if we put the same time as we put in ebay into ebid.net we can make them bigger than ebay. Listing in ebid.net is so simple. Much easier than ebay. OMG for no fee's! Right now ebid.net is having a special that ends at the end of Dec. $49.99. Life time seller. Meaning this is a 1 time fee. & with this you get 5 stores, 5 pics for each item you list, no listing fee, no picture fee, no shipping fee, Free buy it now, run auctions until sold for free and only a small 2% final value fee. Get this deal NOW! Sellers & buyers are needed & we can do it in ebid.net you can still use paypal or sign up for google merchant (just like paypal) If you join & get others to join you get rewarded with buddy points. You can cash these buddy points in for merchandise. Tv's, playstaions, ect. If you have a problem check out the forums lots of nice people with answers. Also you can make some good friends. I will be looking for you there!

Login to Me Too

U12dream
Contributor
Contributor

If you go anywhere DO NOT USE PAYPAL = Paypal is owned by eBay, so in a round about way eBay is still making money

Login to Me Too

popculture
New Community Member

I've had an account for over 5 years, I have 100% and over 250 positive feedback on eBay now paypal decides to hold MY money from ebay auction payments for 21 days and after trying a number of people in their call center have yet to get 1 single reason for this. Going from the forum I see I am not the only one this is happening to, has anyone gotten a satisfactory explanation from paypal. 

If anyone from paypal actually reads this I think I deserve an answer

Login to Me Too

exoticona
Contributor
Contributor

i just read about the poor seller who was selling coins and got a return of fake coins instead, and not only the loss of coins but had to refund the thief. This is incredible! This act must be addressed. How is one to trust the buyer will be honest? Is there another way the Seller can warn other Sellers of bad buyers?

Login to Me Too

bfischer609
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone please tell me why this is activated?

I’ve had my account for about 10 years. I’ve NEVER had a dispute with anyone. I have 100% positive feedback on my 10 year old ebay account. I ship items extremely fast. I ship items at a fair price and often eat some of the cost because I underestimate the shipping.

I signed on today to see a banner across my account overview page that says “

From now on, money you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance. To learn more, please read our Payment Holds Policy.

I read every section of the Payment Holds policy and NOTHING applies to me. Can a moderator or admin please answer this question??

Thanks,

bfischer609

Login to Me Too

raythompson
New Community Member

I've been selling items on ebay for over 11 years and just got caught on their scam of holding my money for 21 days.  They charge outrageous fees alreay and now they are collecting intrest on my money.  I have made my last transaction with them.

Login to Me Too

youarerandy
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a coat on ebay on 11/25/11 shortly after recieving payment the status was pending. Ebay said the funds would be released on 12/16/11, then the date was changed to a week earlier 12/8/11. I have checked PP everyday expecting to see my money; however, it is not there.Asking for help on ebay is a joke. 

Login to Me Too

gigicastro1130
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same exact problem. I had sold two items thru ebay and paypal has been holding this money for weeks! I even added the tracking number for both packages and the post office never updated the delivery status since the 9th so that **bleep**ed me over and I'm not getting my money probably until next year. Can someone please tell me what to do!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.