HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

aaron_thomas15
Contributor
Contributor

My funds are still not available and it is 7 days after the item arrived. He paid before I sent it and I did everything to lower my wait time to 3-4 days and my money is still pending. Why? Paypal does have my D/C. I went through UPS, came home and put up Tracking Number immediately.

Login to Me Too

kyoteee
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item 14 days ago, buyer's payment was immediately verified by Paypal, I entered the tracking #, it was delivered 3 days later and Paypal STILL has my money "pending" and "unavailable". WHY?!??!?! There's no one to ask, just the robot "Sarah" who isn't programmed to answer questions, only to repeat the same old steps which I did two weeks ago. Grrr!

Login to Me Too

Amgellen
New Community Member

What kind of bull is this holding a payment for 21 days, I'm a part time seller and need the funds to reinvest in new product to list, I havent messed with anyones funds yet they say because of the way I sell they need to do this, **bleep**, goodbye

Login to Me Too

temp1221-w
New Community Member

I was just curious when money is holding it is in escrow so now they make more money on top of the fee to recieve it

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

Now there is a payment hold payment hold I got charged twice for the swhipping label once from out of my bank and the other out of the purchasers funds just great. I am selling a few items on here and thats it for me.Smiley Tongue

Login to Me Too

sm1715
Contributor
Contributor
@Imouttahere: If you really were charged twice, then you just need to call PayPal. If you printed your label through PayPal, they say they will withdraw it from your bank account but then reimburse you 24 hours later, then withdraw it out of the buyer's funds when they become available. Idk why they aren't just the same as eBay, but that's what their policy states. To all of you people claiming you don't have the money to ship your item: PRINT YOUR LABEL THROUGH EBAY AND YOU WILL HAVE THE OPTION OF PAYING FOR THE SHIPPING OUT OF THE BUYER'S FUNDS! WHEN IT'S TIME FOR THE HOLD TO BE RELEASED, PAYPAL WILL PAY EBAY FIRST, THEN GIVE YOU THE REST!
Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

I did email them. I do not have time to call when I am working to baby sit and listen to someone who cannot speak english. I will call DELL if I WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN INDIA. As far as the payment goes I have the last option too email the bank. Trust me Chase straightens PayPal out right away. I will wait for PayPal to respond. There is alot wrong with the whole eBurn thing so I really am not to interested anymore in trying to sell stuff. I had a few things and it was easier then a garage sale.Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

These idiots at PayPal want me to call in every time. They look at the question and cannot answer one thing without a call in. I am letting my auctions run out at the end of this week and quiting, what a bunch oF morons that I have to pay for.

THEY FORGOT WHO REALLY IS SIGNING THEIR CHECK Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay wants you to jump through there hoops. All bull because they still will not release funds & by your ebay agreement they have this right to complete control of your paypal account. When they did this to me, One of the homemakers that started ebay, 2076 feedbacks at 100% rating. I refunded everone who purchased paid my ebay fee's & closed up shop. I went to ebid.net & enrolled in Seller for life (right now they are running a special) and I am listing more now than I ever could. With no fee's except a small 2% final value fee. I have 2 store and I can have up to 5. I also can still use paypal plus I enrolled in Google merchant another place like paypal. ebid.net is growing. I sold 6 things last week & no 21 day hold. Plus ebid.net does NOT pad its shipping calculator for a bigger shipping fee. No shipping fee! No listing fee! Free buy it now! Up to 5 pictures per auction. Easy listing template. ebid.net needs sellers & buyers. We made ebay & look what ebay did to us when there head got to big. We dont sell enough! Well try ebid.net it dont cost anything to register.

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

In the beginning I thought this would be fun to list items on eBurn. It has been such a pain I can't believe I have stayed this long. Now it is double charging for shipping labels. PayPal emails back and I have to call in now. You  know what PayPal I will call CHASE instead. THEY SPEAK ENGLISH. As far as them putting holds on my account they can do that too. But try to put a limit on the account so I CAN'T use the account or take the small amount of money I have coming out and I will call CHASE again when the eBurn seller fees come out and I did not authorize them. They can take it out of the funds they are holding. IF THEY WANT TO PLAY FINE. I will too. I am hating this now. What a bunch of MORONS. I do not need PAYPAL. I have been shopping online since 95 and using a CC. NO ISSUES Visa covers everything. As far as eBurn goes AMAZON has much better prices unless you are looking for garage sale stuff.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.