HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to say Paypal has no say in this it is soley on Ebay! & if you read back people have tried everything to get this stopped. When Ebay bought paypal & come up with this DSR they knew how to make people REALLY pay.All of us have paid dearly. They have been setting this whole thing in motion for 3 years. It just has taken that long to really take effect.It is only going to get worse. The only way to stop this is to go elsewhere and list your auctions. It was just as hard for me I was with Ebay 11+ years. I wasn't a power seller just a house wife trying to make a little extra bread & butter money to pay the fuel oil bill. Plus hopefully have enough left over to buy some christmas presents. Not happening! Buyers found out that Ebay has given this almighty power to the buyer & that the buyer has the power to hurt the sellers if they dont get what they want for nothing. I have heard of buyers telling seller either give me half my money back or I will ruin you with the DSR! They did it! When seller complained they told the seller to give the buyer what they want! Is that fair? No! As long as you sell in Ebay they have complete power to what ever they want.So I said ENOUGH with this stupidity. I helped build Ebay I can build another. Join us seller in the revolt & lets build another! I found a great site & sales have been picking up since ebay has been throwing away the BEST sellers & buyers in the world! Join us at ebid.net it costs nothing to register. Enroll in the special they are having $49.99 life time seller. With that you get 5 stores, 5 pictures per auction, no listing fee, you can run your auctions untill sold for free, buy it now for free, list all around the world for free & only a 2% final value fee. If you want to upgrade your auctions it is very cheap! Its a great deal & like I said you can still use Paypal or enroll in Google Merchant for another form of recieving payments. Ebid is building rapidly. Heck I sold 6 items in 3 days. I now have 2 stores & I am running 155 auctions. I couldnt do that in Ebay with all the fee's. Try it for what all the fee's are costing you that would pay for the life time seller fee.

Login to Me Too

chimom69
Contributor
Contributor

That is an awesome idea,,,Im going to ebid..**bleep** EBAY & PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

artb
Contributor
Contributor

Just got an email from Paypal saying I am a "higher than average risk" for disputes, chargebacks, etc so they will be holding my funds for 21 days until further notice. I just completed an Ebay sale with positive feedback and withdrew funds from Paypal so my account balance is zero. Also, my account is backed with a credit card.

I have 40 Ebay transactions with 100% positive rating and have never had any issue. So, how is it that Paypal now considers me a high risk?

Login to Me Too

ccm01d
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat. I think that it is ridiculous. If i have to send the product right away then i should recieve the money. I don't know why they are doing it. 

Login to Me Too

blackcatcomics
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I have been selling on ebay for more than 10 years and never had a dispute. It makes no sense. 

I contacted them and they assured me that it only related to eBay transactions. But then I received a non-eBay transaction today that they are holding. 

I don't see any reason for it at all.

Login to Me Too

brstmybub
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same problem and I really need this money for Christmas for my kids, I called customer service today and they tell me that I should get my money on Friday but still I have customers that need their items sent to them and eBay is a stickler about having items sent through their postal program yet they wont give me my own money to use to get the postage to send the item they aren't giving me the money to send? This is absolutely insane! If anyone has some good input as to how to get out of this little issue I'd appreciate hearing about it, this is the worst possible time they could pull this on anyone. Thank you Raynee One more thing, I'd use my credit card to pay the postage but they've maxed me out on that due to paying my own postage alread
Login to Me Too

lrayburn1942

I just got the same message-have been selling many things for extra money for Christmas and now they're going to hold it til after Christmas. I have 100% feedback and no disputes. Are they keeping all this money in an account and getting daily interest like many companies do? This is a ripoff!

Login to Me Too

Unwanted
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me for the third time in less than 6 months. Each previous time I have had to jump through hoops to prove that none of the things they suggest are hindering my account actually exist.

I avoid risky sales as a rule, and yet they continue with this assumption with no basis in fact. It feels a lot like harassment, and I feel unwanted here as they obstruct my ability to conduct business in the manner I have assured my customers in advance

Last time this happened I got a new star from eBay for doing a great job, and a sanction from PayPal immediately after.

Why hold shipping charges? The buyer paid that money specifically for shipping purposes, and I don't keep it. Why does PayPal get to keep it? Tying my hands doesn't make sense unless you seek to do me harm. So frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Stimpygato
Contributor
Contributor

Same boat here. I have 200+ active listings, and a 99.7% positive feedback as a PowerSeller.

Now with literally no margin for error before Christmas I cannot print via MultiOrder Shipping because PayPal is holding the fund until delivery because of 1 Negative that was only a USPS shipping error.

I have $100 in labels to print, and over $400 in my PayPal account , but only $40 is available. Now I have to label them all by hand, and go to the Post Office, which is costing me tons of listing time - exactly what I can't afford right now.

What a silly catch-22 that PayPal and eBay created here.

PAYPAL/EBAY YOU ARE PUNISHING YOUR SELLERS AND IT IS NOT COOL!

This truly makes me motivated to get the **bleep** off eBay, close my eBay store, and tell the world what inconsiderate shmucks eBay and PayPal are.

Stop pooping on your small to mid-sized sellers guys! We were your bread and butter, now you're treating us like yesterday's unwanted leftovers.

THIS IS BAD BUSINESS - YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES PAYPAL & EBAY. QUIT PLAYING GOD WITH OUR $$$.

Now off to the media to vent some more...

Sincerely,

-Noel

eBay ID: Stimpygato

Login to Me Too

Uh----what
New Community Member

Paypal is sounding more like a bank.  A bank will hold your funds - even though with the digital age, and checks now clearing most banks overnight or sooner...the longer they take, the more interest they collect.  I remember when banks didn't play this game.  Again, with the digital age, businesses can virtually stop fraud, but refuse to so they can collect whatever relief the government will give them.  Paypal is using the 21 days to up their bottom line.  My package was sent, I used the post office, because I didn't have a scale to weigh the package.  I got a transaction number...added it to my account...satisfying their rule; the buyer received it and sent positive feedback...again, satisfying their rule and I still have to wait the full 21 days.  They include this in their agreement you read before sending, but it doesn't make it ethically, morally or legally right.  Just another corporation looking to line shareholder's pockets so upper management can walk away with millions in their yearly package. This isn't the Paypal I remember...but they have turned into the greedy corporate entity you expect today.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.