HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

@David05 wrote:

I agree totally i made my first sale and got my money in 2 days and today i find out i have to wait 21 days  for my money the only reason i sold the item was to be able to buy my wife a christmas gift and now i can't. I'm a disabled guy with a very low income and this is just a terrible thing to do to someone who really did have a purpose for using ebay to make a small amout of money to try and have some kind of a christmas . I have no other way to make any money before christmas now and won't be able to buy my wife a thing i feel like crying it so wrong, when i know she sold something of hers to be able to get me a gift and now i have nothing for her I'M JUST SICK ! ! . any suggestions on how i could speed the up before xmas?                                                                                                                                                               David   

Dear David,

Have been watching this for a long time, and posted several times about what has helped others. Call PayPal, stay on the line until you get someone. Tell them your situation, and ask to speak with a supervisor. Ask them how much interest they are going to pay you on your money. Tell them you are disabled, and have no other way to purchase a gift for your wife. Ask them to make an exception, on their idiotic rules - don't say that - and release your funds. I have heard that many have had them released.

PAYPAL, THIS IS THE WORST MOVE YOU COULD HAVE MADE, AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME YOU COULD HAVE MADE IT! YOU WANT THE MONEY FROM SALES FROM THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS, BUT YOU ARE GOING TO HOLD YOUR SELLER'S - AND SELLERS' - MONEY FOR 21-DAYS? YOU SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN, LEGALLY!

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it is sad but everyone has it wrong. Paypal is NOT doing this Ebay is. I have used paypal in ebid.net where I now sell and No more 21 day holds. It is only ebay users. You can call paypal all day & they will only transfer you to ebay rep. I spent hours talking to a person who 1 couldnt careless, 2, couldnt speak english & 3 said if you dont like it leave! Well I did & I am offering solutions. You cant fight them on this. Many have tried in the 3 yrs they have been doing this. It has take that long to really do there damage. The buyers have so much control now. You are better off elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

ibaconi
Contributor
Contributor

No, it's Paypal..  eBay does own Paypal, but in my own recent struggles the eBay folks actually tried to help but the Paypal customer "service" people were condescending and absolutely unhelpful.. I ended up unable to ship an item which the buyer had paid the shipping on via Paypal and Paypal refused to pass on to me. In spite of complaints from myself AND the buyer.  They didn't have the same problem with the refund, which the buyer then transferred to me via direct credit card transaction over the phone. 

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

Who cares? If it was not for the fifty free listing I would not be on here at all. It will not get better. I hope this ends up like Sprint and Netflix. MILLIONS LEAVE eBurn and PayPal.Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

Ok then if its paypal then why can I sell from another auction site with no problems but when I sell on ebay like i had been doing for more than 11+yrs I get a 21 day hold? Yes ebay owns paypal & tells paypal who to hold funds for! Ebay is the culprit not paypal they are just doing what there told. Every item you sell on ebay will be held for 21/180 days. Nothing you can do about it except stop selling on ebay. You better read all these posts. This has been going on for 3 years. It has just started getting really bad.

Login to Me Too

bloodybill
Contributor
Contributor

That is correct, i have been seeing this for awhile and i have not yet found a better company --- yet .........

Thank you everyone for writing about this, ebay is getting very corrupt, no more negative feedback for the BAD shoppers, only the seller reveives Negatives ?!

Login to Me Too

Jessica_Mueller
Contributor
Contributor

I have already shipped an item and it was recieved but my funds are still not released. Why is that? I need the funds for something immediately. I also have other funds on hold for a shipment out of the country. How can I release these?

Login to Me Too

lukescowgirl

I know exactly what you are going through!  They are doing the same thing to me.  We have been going rounds for 2 weeks!  I sent them such a nasty e-mail last week that they actually called me!  So keep on harassing them..I am too...I constantly send emails and such..but you should try to call them...

I hope they give you your money soon!

Good Luck and God Bless!

Login to Me Too

bloodybill
Contributor
Contributor

@lukescowgirl wrote:

I know exactly what you are going through!  They are doing the same thing to me.  We have been going rounds for 2 weeks!  I sent them such a nasty e-mail last week that they actually called me!  So keep on harassing them..I am too...I constantly send emails and such..but you should try to call them...

I hope they give you your money soon!

Good Luck and God Bless!

The same happen to me for a few months now, shopper already got their items. That is ebay "ripping off" the sellers. I get the money eventually. Since i'm hearing-impaired, phone calls do not work for me.

Login to Me Too

Jazzman123

JUST plain THIEVES. I liquidate estates for a living for a large company. First, Paypal holds the non refundable deposit for no reason. Then, the guy drives 22 hours to get the car and my company will not give him the title or car because Paypal is holding their money. A federal judge will have to eventually put a stop to this. The federal banking commision will not allow this happen in the U.S.. Do your best to stay away from this company. No doubt they will fall. The question is, Will they take Ebay with them? I opened an account for my kids to show them how to buy and sell and how a business works. We sold some stuff so they would  have money for presents and school supplies. Well, their accounts are on hold till next year.  No money. for them, my company or me.  So how do I explain that to them?  The same way my company explained it to me I guess. ....In the end.... Just plain Thieves.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.