HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Annoyedagain
Contributor
Contributor

Supposedly their Pending policies are to protect customers.  Well they only have 75 transactions with me and they should have their fees pending until I confirm that I receive each payment.  AMAZINGLY THEY DO NOT.  What happened to protecting me, the customer of their payment services???????

They hold payments and collect the interest from all the "pending" accounts.  It is in their $$$$ interest to prevent you from accessing your money.  I WANT THE INTEREST IF YOU WILL NOT GIVE ME MY FUNDS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU ARE ONLY HOLDING IT TO PROTECT CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

Supposedly I would get my money after confirmation of delivery.  12 days after a signed delivery that they had in their systems, I had to call to get my $400 releasedI SHOULD NOT HAVE BE COLLECTIONS AGENCY TO GET MY MONEY.

I contacted them via their "contact us" form - their stupid automated email response system spit out the same nonsense as their website about improving my DSR.  Their steps to improve my DSR will not work as I am already doing them successfully and they are still slamming me with the penalty. Man Mad  SUPPOSEDLY THEY WOULD READ MY EMAIL IF I REPLIED BACK TO THE LETTER, THEY IGNORED MY EMAIL REPLY AND NEVER CONTACTED ME, BECAUSE THEY KNOW I AM RIGHT.

If responded this way to my customers, my DSR would go down and they would penalize me. Oh wait, they are penalizing me anyway - they really do not care either way how the customer is handled.

Login to Me Too

stargazer9999
New Community Member

I can't see how PayPal can treat its customers so poorly. Who's in charge? Some idiot?

Login to Me Too

Annoyedagain
Contributor
Contributor

Certainly not anyone who cares about their customers.  Its just another way of making money at the expense of their customers.  THEY CAN GO TO **bleep**

Login to Me Too

FeedUpWithEm

I found out about the 21 day hold and withdrew all my money from my PayPal account, and removed any backup funding option on my account. They wanna put a hold on my money then I'll put a hold on their seller fee payment. I was **bleep**ed over by them anyway over some coins that I sold. The buyer said the coins he received wasn't the coins he purchased. He then sent back coins that were pretty much worthless. I had all the proof that would be needed to back up my case in any court of law, except the court of PayPal. All they would tell me was to sue the buyer in civil court......REALLY!!  I'm a Amazon seller now.

Login to Me Too

liochem42
Contributor
Contributor

I feel the same. Just as soon as I get the funds from my wife's auction, that is it.....I will not sell anything, NOTHING on ebay. Holding someone's funds because they do not have 100 postive feedbacks is a bunch of BS. The buyer gets the goods I have offered, pays the auction price, I send the item won out the very next day for good service and what do I get? We are sorry, sale completed but you being the seller can't have your money for 21 days. Outrageous!

Login to Me Too

25MMSSG72
Contributor
Contributor

I sold two items through eBay recently.  The buyers paid and I shipped the items within the terms of the auctions.  I entered the shipments' tracking information into PP just to be sure.

Both shipments have been delivered, and both buyers have posted positive feedback for the sales.

Both transactions STILL show on my account overview as FUNDS UNAVAILABLE.  WHY?

Both auctions ended at roughly the same time.  Both items were shipped on the same day.  One was delivered a day after the other.  One's "funds availability date" was two days ago, and the other is a WEEK from now.

You want my business, I want my funds.  I don't think it's too much to ask, considering I followed all the eBay rules, and kept PP in the loop as well.

Login to Me Too

karenskottage
Contributor
Contributor

On Dec. 1, a customer placed an order for about $56 and paid through paypal. Paypal put it on a temporary hold, and asked for further information from me.. I'm not sure what information I was suppose to offer since I have no idea why this was placed on hold in the first place.. But I did write paypal back and say I would hold the order until cleared before shipping. However, it is now Dec.8, and paypal still has this order on hold. I have now written paypal 3 times asking WHY this customers payment was placed on hold, but I have not received a reply. I think that's very bad business for paypal to hold a payment made to me with no explanation as to why they're doing it. It's also bad business on my side to not ship this order out to this customer without a good explanation. If this is a bad payment, would paypal not know that by now? It's been 8 days... I need answers to this before I have one very ticked off customer.. Why won't paypal answer my question as to why this transaction has been placed on hold? 

Login to Me Too

jackie_phd
New Community Member

I am getting holds of ALL eBay payments now, and I am more than pisse off.  I have a very high feedback rating.  I think this is just one more way PayPal can **bleep** us, just in time for the Ho-Ho-Holidays.

--I am very disgruntled over PayPal, in case you couldn't notice from my sardonic reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

karenskottage
Contributor
Contributor

well, i have to say, because I can't get an answer from paypal about this situation, it does make me wonder.. If paypal does this repeatedly to many, many customers, holding payments for a week or longer, just how much interest do they accrue from these payments sitting dormant? If, in fact, there is a good reason to place a temporary hold on a payment, and if it's in the best interest of the seller, then why doesn't paypal just tell the sellers what the problem is? 

Jackie_PHD, i understand your anger! I'm feeling it myself.. 

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

This is going to continue. This is ebays way of weeding out sellers. They want power sellers. They want you to be a buyer not a seller. I was in your position last month. When hey did it to me I refunded everyone there money & closed my ebay account. I now sell on ebid.net

http://just-about-anything-sales.ebid.net/ 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.