HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

temp11092011z
New Community Member

100% AGREE!

I've had enough too, I just started a topic as well and if you don't mind replying to it to keep these up until Paypal looks into this. I've done nothing wrong and have 100% feedback. Why suddenly the penalty??

It's like buying a car and after 3 months, they say "Oh, by the way, you can only use this car 1 week every month. We're not taking the car back...it's just to be safe to other drivers." "But I've done nothing wrong to make you think I'm dangerous to other drivers????"

Login to Me Too

akcb70
New Community Member

I agree completly,  most of us sell so we can pay our bills.  Thanks paypal for not supporting us.

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone there are others I just operen a Google Merchant account (just like paypal) there is also Click bank also if you want a new home to list in ebid.net they use paypal & no 21 day holds. Also they use google checkout. I have 2 stores now & listed 107 item on my lister for life for $49.95. You list your items until sold. up to 5 pics per listing for free. listing is free all you pay is 2% final value fee. Not 10 % like ebay. yes if you want bold its .5 more or .18 for top of the search. You can have up to 5 stores. Yes this site is new but it is growing. Alot of ebayer are joining. They need sellers & buyers. I was one of the first ebayers & they did this to me. I said enough & moved on. So if you deside to tell ebay to stick it spead the word to check out ebid.net we will put ebay OUT!

Login to Me Too

ibaconi
Contributor
Contributor

I'm Bacon2 I've been a successful eBayer since the beginning. Positive feedback galore..  I experienced an accident a few years back. Lost a leg, bled to death (refused to stay dead), suffered "severe brain damage". Incapacitated for 4 years. I'm back now (in a severely handicapped way). I began selling on eBay again and taking paypent via Paypal and had no problems. Lately I sold a speaker which the shipping cost is very high on, over $200.00 and suddenly Paypal has decided to treat me like a beginner and they are withholding payment. Paypal holding MY money.. I can't ship the speaker without the money. I contacted eBay who said, yer a jem, I'm sure if you contact Paypal they'll release it so you can ship. I did, Paypal's response was something like, "up yer **bleep**, monkey boy"! So now instead of releasing MY money to ME they will have to refund that money to the purchaser. Who understood that he was paying the shipping... What's a poor boy to do?? 

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

I believe you will get some results - much needed results - if you contact your state's Money Transmitter Regulators and the Securities and Exchange Commission that regulates PayPal in your state. Many have reported that their funds were miraculously released. This is just wrong - period.

Login to Me Too

ibaconi
Contributor
Contributor

I'll do that..  Contact the exchange people and every other resource I can..  There is an internet fraud agency which closed down a scamming enterprise similar to this not long ago.  I've been with Paypal since the beginning. Promoted it hard core, used it as my major payment resource on ipanic.com. Defended it against numerous complainers and now it turns out I was musclin' for the Mafia, 'er somethin'...

Login to Me Too

thatdood001
Contributor
Contributor

Imposing a three-week waiting period before sellers can access their funds is a sure-fire way to lose customers and business.

I'll be closing both my PayPal and eBay Accounts after this latest fiasco, and I encourage others to do the same.

This is unwarranted, and a VERY BAD MOVE on PayPal's part.

Login to Me Too

thatdood001
Contributor
Contributor

@thatdood001 wrote:

Imposing a three-week waiting period before sellers can access their funds is a sure-fire way to lose customers and business.

I'll be closing both my PayPal and eBay Accounts after this latest fiasco, and I encourage others to do the same.

This is unwarranted, and a VERY BAD MOVE on PayPal's part.

I've just contacted my state's Attorney General about this, since there's no easy way to contact the Department Of Finance. I should have an answer within a few hours.

Login to Me Too

dknoonan
Contributor
Contributor

Let us all know what you find out!

Login to Me Too

hdmissy
New Community Member

I recently had a hold put on my account. Why? First time this has happened even though being an eBayer and Paypal customer for several years and never once having a negative event. I am 100% seller on eBay as well. Never had a returned item, never had a complaint.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.