HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Mossna
Contributor
Contributor

I have a very high (100%) feedback rating on both of the sites I sell from, never had a dispute on any of my transactions. Most of my transactions I only charge shipping fees for. Many of them just .65 cents to cover a postage stamp. So far I have never had an issue, not one person requesting a refund (except for my very first ebay transaction but I handled that myself). Now, 6 months later, they are freezing the funds in my account "just in case someone wants a refund???" WTF  I have done nothing wrong, but they didn't even give me a reason other than I was a higher risk then normal......whatever that means!!! Fix this NOW or I will just cancel my account and do business through another site!!!

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

This will happen again. Check your Seller dashboard. Any Red? I too was a seller on Ebay as of last week when after selling on ebay for 10yrs. They froze my funds & expected me to pay out of pocket for shipping. They told me they were holding my funds for 21 days. Why??? Because they can. Ebay is really putting the **bleep** to us sellers so I ended all my auctions & went to ebids. net. No fee's!!! 1 time charge of 49.99 normally 79.99. 2% final value fee. No listing fee's, shipping fee's or picure fee's. No 19.99 a month for a store. I can have up to 5 stores in ebids.net. Check out my new store. *link removed by mod* if you like it register with this link *removed by mod* you can still use your paypal. Ebay started just like ebids. Ebay needs to loose there sellers because until they do they think they can do anything they want. Since they own paypal.

Login to Me Too

Madrona
Contributor
Contributor

I'm intensely offended and frustrated.  I've been a very occasional eBay seller of this and that, never a complaint or dispute, always good feedback.  Now I've begun teaching English online to people in other countries. 

Mostly I use a teaching forum, which has its own payment system, but one of my students pays me directly into my PayPal account.  There's nothing to ship, no eBay feedback to reference.  We have our class sessions on Skype; he's paying me for my time.

When he paid me $12, PayPal was OK with it.  Now that he's paid me $87, for a bloc of seven classes, PayPal has put a hold on all my funds.

I can't help wondering if this would be happening if he were not in a middle eastern country.  I'm wondering if PayPal is somehow told to flag anyone who has any interactions with people in certain countries. It's kind of creepy.

How can I explain to PayPal  what I'm doing, so that they remove this hold?  Or is it just a permanent condition?

Login to Me Too

romod
Contributor
Contributor

Don't  worry its happening to every one including me, word is their making interest  by holding everyones money,don't even try their customer service its a joke

Login to Me Too

Madrona
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, romod.  I guess it's obscurely comforting that I'm not being singled out, but it probably shouldn't be.  Can we start an Occupy movement to protest PayPal? 

Login to Me Too

jen76az
Contributor
Contributor

I am so FRUSTRATED as well!!!

I have sold things on eBay for YEARS...Never had a problem with PayPal until just recently. They are holding the eBay customers ENTIRE payment, including what they paid me to ship the item!!! Then, this is where I get REALLY mad, they take the shipment charge (from the label I print via PayPal in which I am sure they get a kick back from USPS) out of MY PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT!!! They won't even release the funds the customer paid for SHIPPING so I can pay the SHIPPING!!! What a crock!

I am sure this is all being done to gain interest on all of OUR money! This can't be right. First, any money we receive is due to business transactions that WE have conducted. Do you think any banks could get away with this? Do you think Wells Fargo could tell a business account holder that they were keeping money received from a business transaction for 10 days or however long they wanted to and would release it when they wanted to??? Nope. Second, how can they receive MY money for the eBay item AND shipping and then take the cost of shipping out of my personal bank account? I have many international shipments costing $30-$60 to ship and they have no problem taking that out of my personal account. I should have more than enough money in my PayPal account to cover these shipping charges!!! Third, I don't ever remember getting any sort of notification that these changes were going to take place...not via email, not in the mail, nothing...Can they just take it upon themselves to make these changes and not let us know???

I would like to be involved in some sort of action against PayPal if anyone knows of anything going on. I am a single mother of six children that has a side eBay business to help make ends meet. I cannot afford hundreds of dollars being taken out of my personal bank account to cover charges that have already been paid for by customers.

This is ABSURD!!!!

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

Wigwam
Contributor
Contributor

I ABSOLUTELY 100% agree with your beef on this !!! It is quite obvious that PayPal's goal here by holding OUR funds for 21 days accumulates quite a pot of cash for THEM to gain interest on at OUR expense ! I think it's a lot of BS personally, it's been a nightmare since this policy was rolled out and I have NEVER been informed of this policy change on their website. I spoke with PayPal last night and all this was revealed to me. Accoring to PayPal you MUST ship out any purchased item FIRST, PROVIDE PAYPAL with a tracking number, then in 3 days they will release your funds to your bank.. Well, I have spent the last hour and a half searching this whole bloody site without finding even the slightest hint of how I send these tracking numbers to PayPal, thus my $$$ stuill are being held hostage by PayNOTmy Pal... Does anyone out there know how this mysterious process is done, SENDING PAYPAL YOUR SHIPPED ITEMS TRACKING NUMBERS ??? I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who may be able to help !

Thanks in advance for any help !

Mark..

Login to Me Too

katherine4905
Contributor
Contributor

do it through ebay, i think that will work????????? it took me 3 weeks to get my funds released........ebay and paypal are dirty crooks! THIEVES!

Login to Me Too

Silencio
Contributor
Contributor

I sold about 20 things on ebay in a 15 day span, all are sitting waiting for the 21 days to expire. The first few finally cleared so I thought I would be fine with all future funds recieved. I just get paid again today and that too has to go through a 21 day period. Does it ever end? I dont understand.

Login to Me Too

unhappyhere
Contributor
Contributor

You need to click on the transaction in paypal.  Then at the bottom it will say add tracking #.  Its a small blue link.  Add the numbers and click submit.  They are not always uploaded to paypal if you print your own labels on ebay.  I found this out the hard way playing their waiting game....  And if the post office does not scan your tracking #'s they will hold your $$ for 21 days.  I am going through that right now.  The package has been delivered confirmed by customer but they are still holding the funds. 

This is a joke.  We need to stop making them so rich! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.