HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

hbogdon
Contributor
Contributor
Yes they Pulled one of my posts to maybe w need to go to other websites to complain like you tube
Login to Me Too

LJZNY
Contributor
Contributor

I think you do have to keep your posts civil, even though we all want to scream **%$$@%  I think NOT using paypal is the only thing we can do. It's pretty sad that it has come to this, (and without warning). I think we have to search out options...someone will pick up on this and welcome us with open arms...happy to accept our auctions and not hold our money. In the interim, check or money orders..which may cause people sales, but I guess we all have to weigh our options.

Login to Me Too

makdknife1
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I did get radical.  I signed up for the class action against PayPal.  My two sales transactions wee completed yesterday, including delivery confirmations and positive feedbacks.  PayPal still holds my money.  I would say I need it so I can buy more stuff to sell, but that only means hanging up those funds again.  Not a very good way to conducted business, and cash flow no longer exists.  I sure could use my money.  At this point, for some over due bills.

Login to Me Too

Missycat
New Community Member

Paypal is now picking on us old ladies selling for over three year and over 1500.. postive feedbacks.

They put a 21 day hold on my money and

most of the buyers have received their items and left postive feedback days ago.

Why should I have to wait the full 21 day then?

I have over one thousdand dollars being held.. yes, $1,000.00 being held with no interest.

Still no money?

Login to Me Too

therssllgrp
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same thing.  I called and bitched at this guy for over an hour.  Talked to a manager, he was useless.  He would scour through my account to find something wrong.  So you need to go into your seller dashboard and find out if you have any negative things...NOT necessarily negative feedback but negative issues like your POLICY COMPLIANCE etc.  I listed something someone found offensive.  They took it down. I never put it back up even though there were tons of the same type of item.  Because of that 1 thing, they say I have a low policy compliance until october 18th.  This was back in JULY!!!!!  They keep track of everything so I have no idea why it all of a sudden is happening.  The best you can do is call and complain.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

pickerpete
New Community Member

Been on Ebay 13 years, 100% feedback. One of Paypals first customers. NO Issues or disputes and they're goona hold my money ?? that isn't even legal.. the money belongs to the buyer and seller. It never belongs to Paypal they just get their percentage.. I have good attorneys if anyone wants to pursue this.   I'm refunding my buyers and sending them email to take it up with Paypal. Let them handle it...           

Login to Me Too

Mwtgml
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact problem, I have been a customer of eBay and PayPal since their inception, have 100% positive feedback, I am not a business, my account is verified, etc. PayPal is clueless, they treat customers so poorly, depending the response, I am going to cancel my PayPal account and go back to cash or postal money orders. We should all Tweet etc. out in the world about PayPal's policies and contact the Better Business Bureau and the State of California as I do not believe this arbitrary holding of funds is legal, it goes beyond any reasonable Terms of Service.
Login to Me Too

Mwtgml
Contributor
Contributor

An update, I sent an email to PayPal and received no response in 72 hrs, so I called them.  I hit the usual script reading support person, so I escalated to their supervisor, then I kept escalating until I reached someone who would listen.  The policy is this, if you are an eBay customer/seller, and you sell less than 25 items in 6 months, or your rating drops below 4.9, you will be subject to the Payment hold policy.  I relayed my absolute frustration, that this penalizes the seller, and that it would be far better to institute a balanced escrow system that fairly treats seller and buyer.  He promised to escalate my complaint, and urged me to report here in the forums.  So folks, keep posting, and perhaps I'll go look at the class action lawsuit info mentioned by another poster.  It's not about the money to me at his point, it's about customer care, retention, and balancing the experience.  eBay and PayPal management, in the footsteps of Netflix, you really have made an error here. I am happy to talk to the decision makers, I live with 10 miles of your corporate campuses here in Silicon Valley.

Login to Me Too

894tom
New Community Member

This hold thing happened to me awhile ago.  Back then, they told me the only way around it was to get one of thier credit cards.  I jumped through those hoops.  NOW IT GOT THIS!!!!!!   I am on board with a group lawsuit.  EBAY AND PAYPAL are getting to commericalized anyway. Time for other options.  

The concept of ebay (for the seller) was supposed to be kinda like a garage sale but online.....not a money making scheme for PAYPAL.  Now they get all the intrest for all those accounts that they are now going to be sitting on our money.   Basically Ebay and PayPal probably made a deal with each other to split the profits.  21 days will allow them to make MILLIONS in intrest each month on every EBayer that sold something...on TOP of the money they make using PayPAL!!!  Nicely played PAYPAL...but it may backfire if enough of us get on board with a lawsuit.

Folks who use EBay for a living are being effected by this stunt would be the biggest driving force in a lawsuit.  Time to posse up.

Login to Me Too

ronyates90
Contributor
Contributor

EBay owns papal,so everybody's between a rock you know how the saying go's.there to big they will win by fillabuster.being the **bleep** h----s they are. i simply closed my account.they should (if they were straight up and honest which they are NOT)pay the accumulated interest to the buyers,which they wont "refer to my comment in the previous sentence

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.