HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

hoosierfilly
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree. Been here 12 years and have been waiting forever for available funds. I read a blog that said there were 498 pages of complaints about this & paypal is ignoring it. I'm not rich, couldn't even afford to ship my last big sale item but they had already taken their fees out of my money. I had a perfect rating also...probably don't  now. Will have to change method of payment or make it COD.

Login to Me Too

kcnativnla
Contributor
Contributor

Lets be honest, people selling on ebay either need the money or they're using it for business.  In either case, a 21 day hold on the funds completely defeats the purpose of doing it.  This is really, really LAME!  As soon as another service, like Pay-Pal exists, I'm getting rid of this on principal.  Right now, PayPal has the monopoly...which in the business world obviously means they have a free license to **bleep** us over.  Just once I'd like to see a business that doesn't take every opportunity to treat its customers like crap.

Login to Me Too

unhappyhere
Contributor
Contributor

dont let up  just because the release funds always remember the stole from us .. once they make enough money on the interest they may release funds . if we just go back to business as normal they will do it again .  lets not let them off the hook...... or it will happen again .. lawyers help ...

Login to Me Too

mpetersen
New Community Member

I agree completely. I would love to see someone pursue a class action law suit against them for this!

Login to Me Too

fahrphrompuken
New Community Member

No kidding, this is really lame.

A lot of times I sell something, and then (it used to be) I could swing around and win another auction and use the newly received funds. Well not any more, looks like paypal wants to hold on to MY money for a while now before I can use it.

WTF is up with that?!? Is paypal using my money to invest or something??

I used to think paypal was great cause it was a lot quicker and less hassle than receiving checks or money orders, well not any more. From now on to **bleep** with paypal, I will only allow payment by check or money order. Period.

Thanks paypal...)*(&^$@#&*(^!

Login to Me Too

unhappyhere
Contributor
Contributor

never forget they have stole from us . we cant go back to business as normal or they will do it again....

Login to Me Too

floyd6crew
New Community Member

My buyer has already posted positive feedback and I still don't have funds. I also printed my shipping labels through Paypal and that should be enough to release my funds. The problem is we are all at their mercy. Someone else needs to offer online payments and give Paypal a run for their money. I wonder if Ebay listings are declining because of this.

Login to Me Too

hbogdon
Contributor
Contributor

call them and ask for a manager I did and I got my funds put on instantly. Helen

Login to Me Too

makdknife1
Contributor
Contributor

This is how I got them to release the money.  I threatened to involve the San Jose Police Department.  I said I would submit a formal complaint of theft against PayPal, with them.

The San Jose Police Department is obligated to investigate all charges of theft.

What the Police would have done, and I believe PayPal is aware of this before I contacted them, is go the corporate office, demand to hear the reason reason why they are holding my money and PayPal would have to give a valid answer or the responsible party or parties would be charged and booked for theft.

They released my money.  They apologized and said their system was suppose to release my funds a couple of days ago...

Login to Me Too

unhappyhere
Contributor
Contributor

we live on the east coast . please dont just forgive them and move on or they will do it again.  remember they held your money which was theft ..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.