HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

I can see this will go on forever. It looks like you must have little man syndrome most of your posts you put others down as far as Im concerned I don't ues PayPal or eBurn I could care less about them. I just got an email stating they are going to hold my funds from now on. My balance is ZERO. Have fun PayPal. I will not sell on eBurn or use PayPal at all. I'M NOT LOSING ANYTHING.

YOU CAN BET YOUR LAST PAYPAL DOLLAR I HAVE BEEN ONLINE ALOT LONGER THEN YOU HAVE.... MOST ON THE STUFF ON EBAY IS MORE...... I CAN FIND THE SAME ITEM MUCH CHEAPER ELSEWHERE.

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Noted.

Have fun finding a different mover that doesn't hold your funds.

Login to Me Too

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

@I3ongwat3r wrote:

Paypal user agreement states THEY WILL HOLD YOUR FUNDS.....also states THEY DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU EXACTLY WHY....also states THEY WILL EARN INTEREST ON FUNDS HELD AND YOU VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO ANY INTEREST EARNED ON FUNDS HELD.

Instead of being another disgruntled unintelligent sheep and making a  half a ss ed post about how mad you are, how about reading up on the policies so you have a legitimate argument to make, instead of making a fool of yourself.

13ongwat3r; Why do you sound so outraged at another person's grievance?  Apparently many people failed to read the complete policy.  You don't work for PayPal.  You are a member like the rest of us.  Do you think you can offer some reasonable solution to our situation?   I have read many of your posts and find your writings very articulate, you do have something to offer community, but maybe your heart is in the wrong place.

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Because if people just educated themselves beforehand we wouldn't be having this conversation. You can't help people who can't help themselves.

The number one thing that bothers me though is all the people who know very little about paypal and especially their policies who come here and make some fanatical post about how outraged they are.  Are they looking for solutions, NO! are they saying anything that hasn't been said before, NO! do they expect things to be handed to them and answers to smack them in the face, YES!

There are resolutions to the 21 day hold policy (which for the ignorant is not new) if only people would read first and write later.

Im not here to argue with anyone but da mn people get ahold of yourselves and stop acting like fools.

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

And Sirtinlee we are thinking alike but I am just more bitter and less helpful lol

Login to Me Too

PatrickJoy
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is holding funds for up to 21 days, pocketing insane amounts of money in interest under the guise of "helping" the consumers on eBay.

Call and complain to PayPal, call your local media, make some noise. 

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you don't know what you are talking about you shouldn't speak. You end up making a fool of yourself.

Print of a copy of the paypal user agreement (that you surely didn't read) and give that your representatives and media outlets, make some noise!  They will laugh in your face.

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

OH And you did read it? PayPal holds money in an interest bearing bank account under PayPals name. What did the other poster miss? I have noticed who is making a fool of themselves.

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

10.4 Actions by PayPal - Holds.   

Risk-Based Holds. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on any or all of the payments you receive when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your Account, or any or all of your transactions. PayPal’s determination may be based on a number of different factors and PayPal may rely on information it receives from its third party partners such as eBay. If PayPal places a hold on a payment, the funds will appear in your “Pending Balance” and the payment status will show as “Completed - Funds not yet available”. If PayPal places a hold on any or all of the payments you receive PayPal will provide you with notice of our actions. PayPal will release the hold on any payment after 21 Days from the date the payment was received into your Account unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal or PayPal has taken another action permitted under this Section 10. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may release the hold earlier under certain circumstances, for example PayPal may release the hold earlier if you have uploaded tracking information. If you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal, PayPal may continue holding the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement.

From the User Agreement smart **bleep**.  Have you read it!?!  There is also a section stating that Paypal doesn't have to disclose their risk assessment procedures to you and that they will earn interest on your held funds and that you give up any right to interest earned.

You should learn to read.  It is really helpful when you start signing contracts.

Login to Me Too

CraigsList
Contributor
Contributor

Do you really read every detail of all of the "user agreements" and "terms and conditions" of everything you encounter in your life?  That is not even possible nor expected.  If you do, you have nothing else going on in your life because there is not that kind of time in a normal life.   There is a law that protects the general public from unscroupulous clauses in winded Terms & Conditions policies for just that reason.

I suppose you all ready know about that though if you have time to read the long fine print of everything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.