HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Alex0393
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler

I agree and continue to be amazed at the public anger directed at paypal. However, like most people, if you don't use paypal it's hard to do business on ebay and they're well aware of that. IMO that's the reason they don't give a rat's **bleep** how much people hate them. But a funny thing happened yesterday. I called ebay checking on a matter having to do with my account, no big deal but I did want it corrected. As the lady was helping me I just asked her if ebay owned paypal. She said no then wanted to know why I asked and I said "I'd better not say I know ya'll are close" The lady kind of laughed quietly and then said "another satisfied customer huh? And that set me off telling my story and lining up lawsuits with the Mississippi Attorney Generals office, basically alot of stuff no one wants to hear unless they can relate. Anyway, she mentioned quietly that it seems doing business on ebay is about to become much easier with little emphasis on paypal. Apparently they're tired of hearing everyone complain to so they're about to either let someone else in or create their own deal. Either way if it comes through ebay you know they'll take care of you and make paypal second team. That tickles me to death and I cannot wait to close my paypal account

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Alex0393 wrote:
Spoiler

I agree and continue to be amazed at the public anger directed at paypal. However, like most people, if you don't use paypal it's hard to do business on ebay and they're well aware of that. IMO that's the reason they don't give a rat's **bleep** how much people hate them. But a funny thing happened yesterday. I called ebay checking on a matter having to do with my account, no big deal but I did want it corrected. As the lady was helping me I just asked her if ebay owned paypal. She said no then wanted to know why I asked and I said "I'd better not say I know ya'll are close" The lady kind of laughed quietly and then said "another satisfied customer huh? And that set me off telling my story and lining up lawsuits with the Mississippi Attorney Generals office, basically alot of stuff no one wants to hear unless they can relate. Anyway, she mentioned quietly that it seems doing business on ebay is about to become much easier with little emphasis on paypal. Apparently they're tired of hearing everyone complain to so they're about to either let someone else in or create their own deal. Either way if it comes through ebay you know they'll take care of you and make paypal second team. That tickles me to death and I cannot wait to close my paypal account

That's funny because PayPal is a subsidiary of ebay aka owned by ebay.

Login to Me Too

mpolans
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks paypal!  After over 12 years of ebay and paypal membership, hundreds of transactions, and 100% feedback, you've pushed me away with this 21 day hold B.S.  I'm going to go open a www.moneybookers.com account look for ebay alternatives. 

I'll stay on here for now just to see if there are any class action lawsuits that arise from this decision.  Who knows, I might want to look into starting one myself.

Login to Me Too

951-jim

"Horrible Idea" is RIGHT!!!!!  It's more like fraud!  I listed an item which sold last Sunday, 9-11-11.  The buyer happened to live 40 miles away, so rather than waste money to ship it, ( it weighed 400 lbs.) the buyer and I met half-way and made the transfer.(half hour drive for each of us)  He was delighted and happy with his purchase, and after a half hour of exchanging "war stories", we both went happily on our way.  He even posted a comment on EBay that night how happy he was.  I figured funds would be available within 3 days.  BUT, I seen on my Pay-Pal account that funds wouldn't be available to me untill Oct. 2nd!!!!  I called them and spoke to someone that appeared to be "Not Of This Country", and asked why I have to wait so long, when the customer already has the item, is very satisfied, and notified EBay as such.  She told me that without a "shipping label", they could NOT confirm shipping.  I told her to call the guy up and confirm it then.  She says they don't encourage "hand delivery" and without a shipping label, a seller has to wait for 21 days!!!!!!  BULL!!!!  That was NOT listed anywhere that I could find.  This person I spoke with seemed to be "Blindered" in the way she tried to answer my questions, as she kept repeating herself, like she was reading the answers from a screen or print.  I even called EBay, and they told me that it was up to PayPal to confirm shipment.  They have a flaw in their system to deal with the off-chance that a buyer is from the same area, and will not admit it, all they want is to keep your money as long as possible to earn interest from it AFTER they charge you for the transfer.

So here I sit with NOTHING, while the buyer is using the item to make money, EBay has charged me $94.00 to sell the item, PayPal deducted $36.00 bucks from the  buyers payment, and all I have is a promise that my funds will be available 3 weeks AFTER everyone else involved is paid and happy.  Never again my friend........

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How bout some moneybookers?!

7.1. When receiving a payment through the Service, the amount received is credited to the Stored Value Balance of the Customer’s Moneybookers Account until Customer further instructs Moneybookers with respect to the transmission of such funds. Moneybookers reserves the right to place a hold on funds credited to the receiving Customer’s Stored Value Balance and to limit the subsequent sending or withdrawal of such funds for a period of time in order to protect Moneybookers from potential fraud, loss or chargeback/reversal risk

Doesn't sound much different than PayPal huh?

Login to Me Too

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

@redpower wrote:

How bout some moneybookers?!

7.1. When receiving a payment through the Service, the amount received is credited to the Stored Value Balance of the Customer’s Moneybookers Account until Customer further instructs Moneybookers with respect to the transmission of such funds. Moneybookers reserves the right to place a hold on funds credited to the receiving Customer’s Stored Value Balance and to limit the subsequent sending or withdrawal of such funds for a period of time in order to protect Moneybookers from potential fraud, loss or chargeback/reversal risk

Doesn't sound much different than PayPal huh?

It's not the "sound" that people are complaining about.

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

VISA ITS EVERYWHERE I WANT TO BESmiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

jedi_yoda01
Contributor
Contributor

I just got hit with this crap too. Now here's the next thing, I got a guy on ebay that I've been waiting for over a week on to pay. So if/when he does pay I'm still gonna have to wait even longer to get my money??!! And I'm supposed to leave good feedback for this guy?  This **bleep**!!!

Login to Me Too

Imoutofhere
Contributor
Contributor

EXPLAIN YOURSELF TO EVERYONE. YOUR POST LOOKS LIKE A THIRD GRADER REPLY

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal user agreement states THEY WILL HOLD YOUR FUNDS.....also states THEY DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU EXACTLY WHY....also states THEY WILL EARN INTEREST ON FUNDS HELD AND YOU VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO ANY INTEREST EARNED ON FUNDS HELD.

Instead of being another disgruntled unintelligent sheep and making a  half a ss ed post about how mad you are, how about reading up on the policies so you have a legitimate argument to make, instead of making a fool of yourself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.