HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Don3561
Contributor
Contributor

This is interesting, my yesterday's post has been removed;  I must have hit a nerve.

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

To the above poster.  Unless it was offensive it wasn't "removed" it very well could have been "moved" though

To SirTinLee, good post back there.

To the numerous sheep who mill around with their heads down screaming bah just as the butcher comes, the policy isn't new, not in the slightest. The policy **bleep** (im not an apologist)  It is policy regardless, policy paypal notified you about and you agreed to it and now your crying foul play.  Like Sirtinlee said it's business if you are not smart enough to understand business policies then your not mature enough to use paypal as your money mover.

Also the best answers can be found if you read this whole thread so for the newbies, go back and re-read about 1,000 posts and you will be better off. 

7yearseller and Sunshine both have given great answers to the 21 day hold question.  Not to mention the post (that is all over the forum) from Paypal_Andy .  If you had been here a while or read thoroughly through the forums you would know these things.  Instead step right up to the complain machine and put in your two cents of pitiful because it does help.

Login to Me Too

temp09092011y
Contributor
Contributor
Policy, policy, policy you miss what is enraging everyone. It is not the policy it is the arbitrary manor of it's use. 100% of the complaints here are from responsible people that have 100% positive feedback and in NO WAY deserve to have their funds held. Many have thousands of sales over many years and still maintain 100% positive feedback, yet PayPay chooses to treat them like a common criminal, or at least imply they are not trustworthy. This is the problem, out of the blue, PayPal holds upstanding vetran EBay sellers funds for No reason at all. We all get it (the policy) but it is not for the 100% ers, it is for the scumbags and I personally take offense when PayPal puts me in with the scum. BTW my craiglist ads are starting to produce 🙂
Login to Me Too

temp09092011z
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is the dishonest one . They are holding funds that rightfully belong to sellers. They do this to make interest on the float or time period they hold the money.  I resent the implication of dishonesty and of being untrustworthy when our feedback is 100% and over 600. Any attempts to contact customer service result in a person in a third world reading a script without any clue of what the **bleep** you are  talking about! If you do get a US agent , like the female one I got you will be talked to like dirt and hung up on.

My plan is to let my eBay listings run their course and close my accounts, both eBay and PayPal. I'm sure thousands of others will do likewise. It is not worth being chipped at by a failing company.

Login to Me Too

EGreene90
New Community Member

I have 2 items that have been shipped, tracked, and confirmed recieved since August 29th. The buyers have not left feedback, and they only have 3 days to return it. I've contacted both buyers and one has confirmed satisfaction, but still no feedback and the other won't reply to my emails. I have over 60 stars and 100% positive feedback. What gives?! Why are my payments on hold still 10 days after your website has confirmed the customer getting my items? I thought the 21 day rule didn't apply if they have the item and it is tracked and they are satisfied....obviously there are many other hidden requirements! WTF! Help!

Login to Me Too

magentasunrise
Contributor
Contributor

I AGREE! I HAVE SHIPPED AND HAD CONFIRMED DELIVERY FOR OVER 600 DOLLARS IN MERCHADISE BOUGHT THROUGH EBAY.

I HAVE OVER 600 POS FEEDBACK.

THE POLICY SAYS THE HOLD IS FOR 2-3 DAYS AFTER THE ITEM IS PROVEN DELIVERED BUT I STILL HAVE NOTHING AND THE CUSTOMER HAS THE MERCHANDISE.

I THINK THAT I AM GOING TO STOP USING PAYPAL ALL TOGETHER ONCE MY FUNDS ARE CLEARED OFF HOLD STATUS.

THIS IS TERRIBLE.

Login to Me Too

emuance
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. Some I will get paid only 3 days after payment and all others they are holding for 21 days even though they have received them. It is hard to get the buyers to leave feedback. Sellers leave feedback well. I have over 7 items in Paypal and I can't get a dime out! Other sellers I talk to in the UK get their money immediately, or so they tell me. Is there any faster way to receive your money from PayPal other than to wait 21 days. Most of my stuff is not returnable because they are cosmetics...one item I got paid the next day and for the same item to someone else and shipped the same time is still on hold????

Login to Me Too

davetea97
New Community Member

i agree with you all. i want to arrange a boycott of paypal using social media and the news programs and see if we can get enough people to not use paypal for a month. maybe a big drop in their beloved fees and held funds interest will get them to change it back.

Login to Me Too

sway-store
New Community Member

Yes I'm also looking into what can be done.  I too am trying to sell things to survive.  I have had a lot of unexpected bills lately and I'm trying to sell some things on ebay to make ends meet.  I'm a single mom with 4 kids two of which are in college and just trying to make ends meet.  And instead I'm helping someone else to make money while I'm stuck waiting for money that is mine, to pay bills and hope the lights don't get turned off before I receive my positive feed back or my 21 days is up.

Login to Me Too

Jeanetta1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I'm doing the same thing and having the same trouble. Its so upsetting. I have call PayPal the las 2 times to get my money reliesed, and now I'm waiting again. The customer has already gotten her item. What is up with this anyway???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.