HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

terese2
Contributor
Contributor
You are so right! There are plenty of other opportunities out there! Congrats for dumping Paypal!
Login to Me Too

somehowpuzzled0
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had my account funds frozen for a 21 day period, from now on. When I called to find out what the reason was, I was told that " you have'nt sold anything for awhile." Although this was partially true, having only sold 2 tems in the past 60 days, over the past decade I have sold many items on ebay and never had an issue with my paypal account. I did contact one seller recently, and asked if I could pay him in 3 days when one of my auctions came due. Could this be the reason, even if I was told that it wasn't. I really would like my account back to normal. Nobody has never NOT been paid...ever in all my years with paypal/ebay.

Login to Me Too

pinky68
New Community Member

I'm in the same boat as you and have no idea why. I've been with ebay for YEARS and only sell things on the odd occasion. Never once had pmts held before and all of a sudden they are holding $6. Its insane. I cant wait to ship an item for 21 days just because they are holding funds. I followed every step they suggested (entering tracking number etc) and they are still holding the funds. How do we get around this? And should we be getting interest on the money?

Login to Me Too

somehowpuzzled0
Contributor
Contributor

I called again and pled my case to an agent, and she agreed that there was no good reason that my current funds should be held up. She  freed up the money coming to me. Just today, I recieved another notice, that the funds I recieved from a guitar sale on ebay were being frozen for 21 days! I called once again, and was told that my account will be evaluated on the 25th of August. I asked that my funds be available again with good reasoning, as there are no issues outstanding regarding payment and shipping, (open cases), etc. She agreed and freed up my funds. I hope that on the 25th that this 21 day policy is lifted, because I don;t want to have to go through this everytime I make a sale. I sell various items on ebay to try and earn cash that I can use for personal use instead of always using a credit card or going into my bank account. I enjoy using my paypal debit card knowing that the funds are there for my use when I need them.

Login to Me Too

somehowpuzzled0
Contributor
Contributor

In addition, I ALSO use the paypal account to pay the shipping charges sent to me in the sale of an item. I don't like to have to go into my own account and front the money. The wind-up is that if I have to wait 21 days, I'm not going to put the shipping charges back into my personal account. That's why I like the immediate availability of funds.( I was thinking that perhaps they are holding money to try and earn more interest themselves, due to the economy?) I am clueless. 

Login to Me Too

sanctuarie
New Community Member

I JUST GOT THE SAME NOTICE!

The difference though, is that I not only do DAILY eBay sales, but I also get payments in from my Website as well.  I have been using EBay AND Paypal for about 10 years now, and RARELY have ever had ANY problems with disputes, chargebacks, etc.  Seriously, LESS THAN 1%, and over half of the disputes I have ever even had are ruled in my favor.

It actually says  "While you establish a successful sales history on eBay, in most cases, funds from eBay sales are available in 21 days"

While I establish a sales history?  ARE THEY FRIGIN INSANE?  Over 10 years of a sales history isn't quite enough for them? I do over 10k a month, and they're saying "White you establish a sales history"?

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THESE PEOPLE?

Login to Me Too

vedt
New Community Member

I received the same message as well, but mine said that when the eBay buyer left positive feedback, or when the package was confirmed as delivered, the hold on my funds would be released.  But that never happened.  So a week after the buyer left positive feedback, I called PayPal and the guy had to manually look up my tracking number to confirm delivery.

Sounds to me like PayPal has horrible IT systems, and they never linked their systems to the Hold.  So we're all in a bad position, folks.

Login to Me Too

winkle13
Contributor
Contributor

I guess we have all been swindled.From what I can find out ,they have us over a barrow.It's all about the money,the longer they keep it in there account the more there stocks worth goes up.Me and my Wife have been around Banking and Money making Industry for many years,as I said it's all about the Money.We don't stand any legal chance of having them change this,unless EVERYONE JUST QUITS!.And I don't see that happening.To many big overseas companies,and larger sellers,will contInue!.THIS ONLY HURTS THE LITTLE GUY JUST TRYING TO MAKE A LITTLE EXTRA MONEY.They don't care about the little guys.IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

Login to Me Too

Mario_S

I'm in a similar situation.  I'm just a little seller, only 19 feedbacks over the past year, but have had the account about 4 1/2 years.  In all that time NOT ONE NEGATIVE.  But when I called them the response was that 25 in the past year are needed to get the hold lifted.  Their arrogance is stunning to me.  I hope enough sellers get angry enough about this idiocy to find an alternative payment method.  As much as I like the convenience of Paypal that is what I will do.

Login to Me Too

d99
New Community Member

Find a different way to accept payments other than paypal. After using ebay/paypal for years, they recently started holding my funds for NO reason. No negative feedback or chargebacks EVER.

I will NEVER sell and accept Paypal as a payment option again. Even if it means I have to sell on Bonana or Craiglist only and can't sell on ebay. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.