HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

temp09022011q

After reading countless other threads here about the 21 day holds and robbing money out of user's bank accounts, I have decided to close my PayPal account.  I don't sell on EBay but maybe once or twice a year, and I'll just require a money order when I do sell there.

My clients are all professional business firms.  PayPal will not be missed, anyway.

Login to Me Too

fashoom
Contributor
Contributor

It's not a scam it's real.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&fli=true&content_ID=security/payp...

And it's complete **bleep**ing bull**bleep**. I intend to complain loud and everyone else should too!

Login to Me Too

READ_THIS_NOW

Apparently PayPal has reached GOD status and thinks they have some right to play Policeman over "OUR MONEY". Just who the heck do you people think you are? Have you forgotten who your paying customers are? Let me remind you, it's us, the ones who pay you the high premiums to handle OUR MONEY. YOU ARE SIMPLY A PAYMENT PROCESSING CENTER HIRED BY US, YOUR CUSTOMERS! You are overstepping your boundaries with the people who support you. I don't think anyone in the thousands of people commenting here has agreed to those terms. If you wanted to hold our money for three weeks you should have offered to pay us a substantial interest payment. Better yet, collect your charges from the buyers independently and give us our money free and clear for waiting so long, if we agree. Everyone knows the longer you wait to get paid, the less your money is worth. So you PayPal have taken it upon yourself to dictate to your customers when and how we can have OUR MONEY, and at our expense. You people in the upper echelon of corporate have got some "big ones".

I ask everyone who reads this and agrees to tell all the people you know what PayPal is doing. Post it on your Facebook Wall, talk about it on Twitter, call in on talk radio, get the word out about the ARROGANCE PayPal is displaying so anyone who is thinking about signing up with them will know how they treat their paying customers.

SPREAD THE WORD!

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Very good post but check this out. What many posters don't know is that PayPal only does this with eBay (or so it appears). I have another online business with PayPal as my primary money transfer system and I did not have to wait 21 days for my money When a transaction was made. The cash was right there. They only do this under eBay.

Login to Me Too

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed. Dtjen.  I have had the same experience, which suggests that Paypal is executing the 21 day hold with EBay sellers, SIMPLY BECAUSE IT CAN.  Just doesn't seem right, does it?

Login to Me Too

RPracing
New Community Member

ok so whats up with this punishment crap?  they want to hold my money for no aparrent reason. i have been useing paypal for **bleep** near 2 years and in that time i have had one dispute filed against me because some snot nosed kid in Austraila said he never recieved his package but i had the tracking confrimation to prove it did arrive to his address. and now paypal wants to hold my money for 21 days. is this happening to everyone? this makes paypal completely useless to me because i do all my transactions through RC car forums and the only feedback i get is through RC car forums. i buy and sell parts consistantly and this makes paypal unuseable for me because most of the time when i sell stuff its so i can use the money to replace broken parts on my RC trucks so i can be ready to race the next weekend but **bleep** 21 days of waiting will knock me off the racing cuicuit completely! i have 100% rating on ebay as a seller and buyer. what the **bleep** is the problem?

Login to Me Too

hugabugs
New Community Member

I am in the same boat. I've decided to use other sites to buy and sell goods whenever possible. Ebay has become a source of cheap, Chinese crap from wholesalers anyway. Everyone I know uses craigslist and our local buy/sell page on facebook and other online sites to buy/sell. Most of the time, ebay is overpriced by the time  you factor in the shipping.

I don't know what the *&%$ they are playing at, but they aren't my bank, they aren't going to become my bank, and that's that. If I decide to sell something on ebay again, you can be darn sure the stuff isn't shipping until my money has been transferred to my bank. I guess if they ban enough people for these issues, they can just move their business over to China and let them scam each other. I just don't see it happening, though. I've found better alternatives for everything I used to use ebay for. I found Paypal to be a good way to pay for items, but I'm going to start using the websites credit and debit card features and skip the Paypal. It's usually just a matter of entering my bank info. anyway. My credit cards offer return protection, so what have I lost? Two minutes?

I think they are power-grabbing here. And they've stepped over the line in my book.

Login to Me Too

amcnida
New Community Member

Do you have any suggested site that I can use instead of Paypal?  I just started my Paypal account, and already they issued a notice saying that my account was going to become "limited" because I don't have a tax form on file to operate under a non-profit status - which I wouldn't think I would need since I am just trying to raise sponsorship funds for my daughter's pageant, and wanted a online way that my long distance family and friends could donate via credit card if they wished. Its not even alot of money, like $5-$20 per donation on average... Very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

yfrank14
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat. PAYPAL mounted their horses, drew their swords, and declared war on me.

My sad story, and plea for help, is here,

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Account-limits-and-verification/refer-me-to-a-checklist-that-doe...

As far as I can tell, PAYPAL , and EBAY since PAYPAL is the only service they use, have lost their minds.

I have no choice but to stop using EBAY and PAYPAL.

I just pulled an auction for $1,200.00 in silver bars out of fear PAYPAL would never give me the money, and never give a reason.

I fully understand the need to withhold payments, IF I DO SOMETHING WRONG AND THEY GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO DEFEND MYSELF.

But to just lay siege to my castle?

They refuse to speak to me.

The only response I get are babble. They have nothing to do with my problem.

Why can't they just tell me why my funds are being held and what I can do to fix the problem.

I have no negative feedback, no disputes. Nothing.

I am going to make one last desperate plea to EBAY and beg them to offer another service. If that fails, I have no choice but to leave PAYPAL and  EBAY.

Login to Me Too

yfrank14
Contributor
Contributor

I found a weak point in PAYPAL. There seems to be one door to resolution they forgot to slam shut.

If you go to the "contact paypal" page, you get a list of pull down menus. You choose your topic, and sub topic, for your problem.

Most are answered by bots(or possibly stupid people), PAYPAL'S idea of a joke. You complain about a hold on your account, they tell you to go to the case that is in dispute and follow the check list, even though there are no cases in dispute. Then they sign it " elmoe c. rockbottom, head wombat groomer" or what ever they think will annoy you most.

After sending harassing emails to every one of the email addresses, I noticed not all are bots. Some are answered by humans that will help you.

I just got my limitation removed by a real person. Of course, I suggest acting quickly to resolve your dispute as PAYPAL will certainly be firing this one lone employee as soon as they find out he resolved an issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.