HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

hosshunter
Contributor
Contributor

Let me guess you work for Paypal and are covering their **bleep** so they can make money at the expense of their customers. There is no reason to with hold my money with out a sound reason. I can understand if I did something wrong or even had some problem for for 7 years I have had zero problems 100% good feedback. So explain to me why I am being targeted. It comes down to Paypal cheating their good customers to make money off of their customers money for free.

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Nope as much as people like to assume ( and you know what they say about assuming) I dont work for Paypal.

Someone at Paypal went "hey yeah lets pick on that guy" and your name was drawn out of a hat...

Actions by PayPal - Holds. We have updated our disclosures in Section 10 relating to your liability and the actions we may take. A User’s rights, responsibilities and liability under this section have not changed except for the addition of your acknowledgment that our decision to take certain actions such as holds and reserves is based on confidential criteria, and your agreement that we have no obligation to disclose the details of our risk management or security procedures.

Login to Me Too

hosshunter
Contributor
Contributor

Like I believe that. You have Paypal employee or PR person written all over your answers. How many people have they decided to cheat and how much money are they making by this action. My guess is thousands of dollars a day in intrest and the free use of our money. Why does this decision need to be secret if it is above aboard they should be more then willing to make the reason open to any person that asks for a specific reason in their case. They will not because there is no good reason except to cheat their customers and make thousands of dollars for free by holding their customers money for no good reason

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Again your still wrong.

Contact customer service maybe they will give you a specific reason why your funds are being held.

Login to Me Too

hosshunter
Contributor
Contributor

From another post on this forum;

Re: Why is PayPal holding my money????

I have been on the phone with aypal now for over an hour now and they cannot figure out why this hold has been placed on my account.  I did find out that there was a class action lawsuit in which paypal was ordered to pay 9.1millon for EFTA (Electronic funds transfer act) violations.  I just ended my call after having my call routed to Ebay and having a customer service rep. by the name of Alan tell me that they randomly choose sellers "to put a hold" on incoming funds and my case will be re-reviewed in 35 days.  I asked him at least 5 times why they chose me to place a hold on and he straight up said it is random and could not give me any other information.

I am really **bleep** now and I dont take kindly to people messing around with me because they can. You want a fight, You got one now PayPal!!!

I will be getting ahold of a friend of mine that is an attorney to see if he will look into this. Trust me if there is a dollar to be made he will find it!!

I also will be calling the BBB and the EFTA, I do not think it is right for a company to "randomly" choose customers to pick on.

Search for class action suit on this forum apparently lawyers are looking at this and planning a class action suit. I suggesteverybody join.

Of course readuseragreeme you know about this already. You say you don't work for Paypal but you seem to be on every topic about Paypal cheating their customers defending them Or do you work for Ebay

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Of course readuseragreeme you know about this already. You say you don't work for Paypal but you seem to be on every topic about Paypal cheating their customers defending them Or do you work for Ebay

The grand poomah hosshunter has figured it out!  I work for Ebay not Paypal hahaha......

nope not an ebay employee either.

like Olivia has said, all employees of Paypal are acknowledged as such. (heck I am not even an advisor because I dont give good advice)

I just think it is funny when people come here and start complaining and whining about Paypal with no real question posed. Especially when there are many posts/threads related to the issues at hand that people neglet to read before spewing their own irrelevant two cents....

BUT...glad to see you took my advice and called customer service, always one step at a time.

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@hosshunter wrote:

Like I believe that. You have Paypal employee or PR person written all over your answers.

LOL I just love how anyone on these forums that isn't having their world torn apart by PayPal is automatically a PayPal employee.  If you had any knowledge of these forums you would know that anyone employed by PayPal will have it labeled under their name as a " mod" or  "administrator" and has a blue highlighted left side of the page. Just because readuseragreeme doesn't care that the world is against you doesn't mean that he/she is a PayPal employee.  Quit crying and figure out your problem.  There is a whole thread with 300 pages on holds for Pete's sake.

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@redpower wrote:

@hosshunter wrote:

Like I believe that. You have Paypal employee or PR person written all over your answers.

LOL I just love how anyone on these forums that isn't having their world torn apart by PayPal is automatically a PayPal employee.  If you had any knowledge of these forums you would know that anyone employed by PayPal will have it labeled under their name as a " mod" or  "administrator" and has a blue highlighted left side of the page. Just because readuseragreeme doesn't care that the world is against you doesn't mean that he/she is a PayPal employee.  Quit crying and figure out your problem.  There is a whole thread with 300 pages on holds for Pete's sake.

^^^^^Now there is a Paypal employee if I ever did see one^^^^^

Login to Me Too

hosshunter
Contributor
Contributor

Yah red I notice you all over the posts defending Paypal illegal activity. If Paypal is willing to cheat their customers do you think they would be willing to not identify themselves as employees. You and user must not have jobs as it seems like all you do is defend Paypals illegal activity. I notice you both don't touch the fact that Paypal is going to make thousands of dollars a day by illegally holding their customers money by intrest and the intrest free use of this money they are holding. You just want to skip over that. And the fact they are not informing the person exactly why their money is being held besides this crap it is a secret and you can't know specificly why they are holding your money. I notice everybody is complaining but you and user of course Paypal won't hold the money of their employees now will they

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@hosshunter wrote:

Yah red I notice you all over the posts defending Paypal illegal activity. If Paypal is willing to cheat their customers do you think they would be willing to not identify themselves as employees. You and user must not have jobs as it seems like all you do is defend Paypals illegal activity. I notice you both don't touch the fact that Paypal is going to make thousands of dollars a day by illegally holding their customers money by intrest and the intrest free use of this money they are holding. You just want to skip over that. And the fact they are not informing the person exactly why their money is being held besides this crap it is a secret and you can't know specificly why they are holding your money. I notice everybody is complaining but you and user of course Paypal won't hold the money of their employees now will they

haha I don't sell! I buy. And no I do not work for PayPal. I live in Iowa and I farm on my family farm near the highly Norwegian town of Decorah.  You should come say hi at Nordic fest! And yes I do defend PayPals' legal activities, because they are legal, and you agreed to them. C'mon man! Figure it out!!! I would recommend reading into spittingcobra's posts on the 21 day hold topic.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.