HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Gee, I sure feel like you're in a hurry to get me off these boards!  Could it be that my message is just too effective?

Like many on these boards, I know that what looks like a duck and quacks like a duck generally turns out to be . . .a duck.

And when a company enacts "terms and conditions" or policies that look unscrupulous, unethical, and inequitable, and then applies them in a manner that is unscrupulous, unethical, and inequitable, then that company probably Is unscrupulous, unethical, and inequitable.

That's my song and I like singing it here.

Login to Me Too

agentvice
Contributor
Contributor
Public society? There is no public society, but its definitely secret all right. America free enterprise? Haha not anymore. Are you that upset over a word retarded? In plain terms, retarded is a great word. If the collapse of the dollar is on its way, then PayPal will be no more...Are you that blind? Terms and conditions are just a joke to fool people, so they can get away with murder. Lets hold some money for ourselves and not worry about those people that are hurting out there. Sounds like fraud to me! Pending is just a joke to calm someone down, so someone can obtain a better cashflow. Corporate enterprise money. Wake up peeps!
Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@agentvice wrote:
Public society? There is no public society, but its definitely secret all right. America free enterprise? Haha not anymore. Are you that upset over a word retarded? In plain terms, retarded is a great word. If the collapse of the dollar is on its way, then PayPal will be no more...Are you that blind? Terms and conditions are just a joke to fool people, so they can get away with murder. Lets hold some money for ourselves and not worry about those people that are hurting out there. Sounds like fraud to me! Pending is just a joke to calm someone down, so someone can obtain a better cashflow. Corporate enterprise money. Wake up peeps!

Nice - you jump right from name-calling to personal attacks. At least I know what/who I'm dealing with.

I hope you or yours are never afflicted with hurt, pain, suffereing, or lack. I hope the universe never takes a thing from you, and no one ever calls you something less for it. I hope no one ever denigrates you for something in which you had no fault of your own, but just had life circumstances.

I wish you understanding, ciompassion, comprehension, and a brain. Learn what the term fraud is before you toss it about. Learn something about Terms and Conditions and the fact that you agreed to them. Learn you're not the ONLY person/business/corporation losing money, which might be WHY the dollar might fail. And LEARN that it's through understanding, and listening, and pitching in and caring for things outside yourself that greatness comes.

Blessings.

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

@Raveninred wrote:

@agentvice wrote:

Nice - you jump right from name-calling to personal attacks. At least I know what/who I'm dealing with.

I hope you or yours are never afflicted with hurt, pain, suffereing, or lack. I hope the universe never takes a thing from you, and no one ever calls you something less for it. I hope no one ever denigrates you for something in which you had no fault of your own, but just had life circumstances.

I wish you understanding, ciompassion, comprehension, and a brain. Learn what the term fraud is before you toss it about. Learn something about Terms and Conditions and the fact that you agreed to them. Learn you're not the ONLY person/business/corporation losing money, which might be WHY the dollar might fail. And LEARN that it's through understanding, and listening, and pitching in and caring for things outside yourself that greatness comes.

Blessings.

And you would know this how??? You certainly don't fit what you described. Just why are you on here? I think we are missing that. BTW, you are impressing no one with your vocabulary. Loan us your dictionary so we can look up the word fraud. We already know what idiot means ! And you accuse this person of not having a brain? Seems he found out just WHAT he is dealing. You can look up the difference in a Who and a What in your dictionary, What.

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@sweetcakes wrote:

so i sold something on ebay shipped it and my  paypal balance is still pending. Why? The item i sold is clearly stated no refund so why wont they let me spend my money and the (click on) highlighted box that use to say mark as shipped now says issue refund? its only 12 dollars WTF?

HI sweetcakes;

It's a new policy that seller funds are held for 21 days; this is (I'm pretty doggone sure, at this point) temporary, but it is the policy for right now. I think PayPal is trying to install some new security features and check some things out, and yes, it DOES stink that it is the policy for right now, but you WILL get your money (unless something happens) in 21 days.

Everyone here is really really mad about it, and it's prety heated at times - please don't let that put you off the boards. They can be a nice place where you can learn a lot (in other threads). This one is pretty much for if you're angry.

But I wish you luck, and please know, I'm sure you'll get your money in 21 days.

Raven

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

@Raveninred wrote:

@sweetcakes wrote:

so i sold something on ebay shipped it and my  paypal balance is still pending. Why? The item i sold is clearly stated no refund so why wont they let me spend my money and the (click on) highlighted box that use to say mark as shipped now says issue refund? its only 12 dollars WTF?

HI sweetcakes;

It's a new policy that seller funds are held for 21 days; this is (I'm pretty doggone sure, at this point) temporary, but it is the policy for right now. I think PayPal is trying to install some new security features and check some things out, and yes, it DOES stink that it is the policy for right now, but you WILL get your money (unless something happens) in 21 days.

Everyone here is really really mad about it, and it's prety heated at times - please don't let that put you off the boards. They can be a nice place where you can learn a lot (in other threads). This one is pretty much for if you're angry.

But I wish you luck, and please know, I'm sure you'll get your money in 21 days.

Raven

Raven, the know all, end all has spoken yet again. What do you mean don't let the anger over Paypal keeping our money for almost a month keep her off the boards?  It is your inane remarks that would do that. You serve no purpose here other than to 'be seen'. Narcissistic, are you?

Sweetcakes, don't let her fool you. She doesn't wish you luck.

Other people here: Don't you wonder how Raven is so "doggone sure" this hold is only temporary on Paypal? Also, don't think for one second you are going to learn anything from the raven "raving" posts.

Like I said you won't find any real help related to how Paypal will help you, but you can vent, and that helps deal with the situation but never will solve it.

It's good to have a sounding board, and if this topic is the holds by Paypal, then I say 'sound away', get it off your chest, and ignore the "Ravingred"..yes RAVING. She is inconsistent. Once moment she thinks we are idiots with no brains and the next she is telling you how she wishes you the very best.

Don't let her get to you. She is not as 'nice' if you read all that she has posted about the people who are hurting from what Paypal is doing.

Login to Me Too

Sparklements
Contributor
Contributor
Just do a google search of PP and Liveworld and you'll see what's going on here... And Raven, kindly refrain from lecturing us about how a business operates. I've actually worked in corporate America for 35 years, including a few jobs in customer service (I doubt you've ever even set foot inside a corporation...let me guess, stay at home mom, right?) A legitimate SMART business takes the loss of a customer very seriously. Your company has lost me as well as every other poster in this thread and the message we get is "don't like it? Fine, get lost." That is a far cry from what I learned in Economics 101 (yes I also went to college, did you?). Btw 7yearseller, I don't want to turn this into a political fight but instead of blaming this on Obama maybe you should research the massive deregulation policies of the Reagan administration.
Login to Me Too

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, Sparklements, that is eye-opening!

I wouldn't have believed that Paypal would use anonymous shills to quash complaints!  And I would never want to make a rash judgment without giving the accused a fair opportunity to speak up.

So how about it, Raven?  Is it true that you work for Live World?

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I cant speak for Raven but Sparklements has accused others (myself included) of working for liveworld, which I do not. 

Conspiracy theorists keep life interesting Smiley Very Happy

i am surprised this thread has not been locked  due to off topic personal disputes.

Point being everyone's complaining isn't helping one bit.  If you don't like Paypals policies (WHICH YOU AGREED TO ABIDE BY) then quit using paypal. 

Simple.

Login to Me Too

Sparklements
Contributor
Contributor

@readuseragreeme wrote:

I cant speak for Raven but Sparklements has accused others (myself included) of working for liveworld, which I do not. 

Conspiracy theorists keep life interesting Smiley Very Happy

i am surprised this thread has not been locked  due to off topic personal disputes.

Point being everyone's complaining isn't helping one bit.  If you don't like Paypals policies (WHICH YOU AGREED TO ABIDE BY) then quit using paypal. 

Simple.

Ah, there's that warm and fuzzy feeling I have come to associate with PayPal. Image if EVERY company in America adopted that tagline! I think I'll do a quick Photoshop replacement for that image of the little girl blowing out the candles with your quote from above -- that ought to bring in some new customers!!!! And please quit regurgitating that "you agreed to the policy" crap. There was no such rule when I signed up ten years ago so NO I did NOT agree to it, and I am not agreeing to it now, so I have done exactly as you (i.e. PayPal) have ordered and canceled my account. You and PayPal should be very happy!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.