cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Who do I contact for help??

Sorry that idea won't help.  I tend to ship small items, so I can float shipping costs for that long.  HOWEVER, I will not do it, because compliance with Paypal's policies suggests support.  NO WAY!!

 

You are so right--greed is the big motivator here, and all of the smokescreen baloney we have been reading about terms and Conditions is just that.  The Terms and Conditions are a convenience for Paypal to point to--hoping that we are not smart enough to identify their inequitable and unethical application of them.

 

Moving to different payment processing vendors accomplishes two things:  first,  it sends a loud message to Paypal that will arrive directly in the pocketbook that their unethical, inequitable, and usorious practices will not be tolerated; and second, using vendors other than Paypal strengthens the competition, so Paypal will either have to learn to play fair or leave the playground.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who do I contact for help??


@terese2 wrote:

Sorry that idea won't help.  I tend to ship small items, so I can float shipping costs for that long.  HOWEVER, I will not do it, because compliance with Paypal's policies suggests support.  NO WAY!!

 

You are so right--greed is the big motivator here, and all of the smokescreen baloney we have been reading about terms and Conditions is just that.  The Terms and Conditions are a convenience for Paypal to point to--hoping that we are not smart enough to identify their inequitable and unethical application of them.

 


My whole point.  Paypal isnt God here.  I stopped using Paypal for purchases and transactions. Not once did i complain in the forums.  I read the user agreement (which paypal takes full advantage of and is unethical)  but YOU AGREED TO IT!  If Paypal is so bad and bothers all of you so much then stop using it.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Who do I contact for help??

Agreed.  But I think it is wise to complain loudly and long to anyone who will listen, in whatever forum, that Paypal is unethical and should be avoided for its usurious business practices.  Buyers and sellers should abandon it, and strengthen the competition.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who do I contact for help??


@terese2 wrote:

Agreed.  But I think it is wise to complain loudly and long to anyone who will listen, in whatever forum, that Paypal is unethical and should be avoided for its usurious business practices.  Buyers and sellers should abandon it, and strengthen the competition.


 

No one who makes changes is listening in these forums or any other.  Paypals higher ups wont change until they have to. Your right paypal practices unethical business but legitimate nonetheless.  There are other payment options available.  Paypal isnt for everyone.

 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Who do I contact for help??


@readuseragreeme wrote:

@terese2 wrote:

Agreed.  But I think it is wise to complain loudly and long to anyone who will listen, in whatever forum, that Paypal is unethical and should be avoided for its usurious business practices.  Buyers and sellers should abandon it, and strengthen the competition.


 

No one who makes changes is listening in these forums or any other.  Paypals higher ups wont change until they have to. Your right paypal practices unethical business but legitimate nonetheless.  There are other payment options available.  Paypal isnt for everyone.

 You are right. There ARE other payment options, BUT have you looked into them?? They ALL link in to eBay and are somehow affiiated. There ARE GREAT PAYMENT OPTIONS IF YOU ARE NOT SELLING ON EBAY...IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN WEBSITE......Google Checkout is a great example if you have a website where, of course, you allow Google Checkout. But, eBay doesn't, and why do you think that is? Do you think just maybe Google won't cooperate with eBay dba Paypal and their methods?

 

No matter what you say, there is and there always will be a connection with Paypal and eBay where payments are concerned regardless of whether they are not "the same company", eBay RULES with Paypal methods, and don't be foolish enough to think they don't. If eBay was on the up and up about Paypal rules and eBay rules showing Paypal rules (gee, how confusing), then they would allow the Googles of the world. You just go in and look at the sites of the payment plans "big brother" is "ALLOWING" sellers to use. They all lean towards eBay because it is the highest volume site in sales per se on the Internet. In other words, anyone they say you can use "kisses the good old eBay backside"

 

I have investigated these places and as a seller, I am not using them because they are so intertwined with eBay as to have a separate place to sign up IF you are an eBay seller. Now, what do you think that means? EBay is going to have Paypal's procedures in any payment method they recommend OR they are not going to recommend them. The price the payment companies pay for having eBay recommend them is "do it our way" or we don't recommend your company so it can grow.

 

readuseragreeme...just why can't you see that eBay is Paypal is Paymate is all the others they listed as long as they are 'approved' by eBay, so NO, there are not any others we can use on eBay and not face the same old thing.

 

READ all of their information, buddy !  All it is is jumping from one frying pan to the other, and you would know that if you read the information.

 

The only recourse is to accept Paypal or get a website and use someone not recommended by eBay. I still don't understand why anyone who says paypal and eBay are not in the same pocket, so to speak, can even begin to believe that. Okay, if you insist on believing it, you pick one of the others, put them as your payment method and see just who controls what happens.

 

Geesh, what does it take to make you realize we don't have a chance of changing anything Paypal does. It will just be under another name.

 

For sellers, like me and many others, some of these also don't allow more than one seller account and we are fighting to stay alive. In case you don't know why more than one seller account is preferred, the search engines will bring more buyers to a site where the items are consistent and not all over the place in category and item name.

 

This is about survival and not being under a dictatorship, about allowing an entity to do anything they please to us because they can. EBay is so big, it does bring in more buyers, and so we bow down and let them stick it to us whether it be under the name of eBay or under the name of Paypal...They are one and the same behind closed doors, and don't think they aren't. I know you keep saying they aren't, but get a grip..they work for the same common goal, so in this case, the left hand does know what the right hand is doing and making the rules for them.

 

 


 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Who do I contact for help??


@readuseragreeme wrote:

 

No one who makes changes is listening in these forums or any other.  Paypals higher ups wont change until they have to. Your right paypal practices unethical business but legitimate nonetheless.  There are other payment options available.  Paypal isnt for everyone.

 



You know, readuseragreeme, I think you might be wrong about what gets communicated off the forums. I could be wrong, but most corporations I've worked with that had user boards, they were staffed by (not to say that these wonderful Admins are underlings) but a different level of the business. But a summation would be brought to the higher-ups - to give them the temp of the water, to see what the key topics are, to see what is working and what isn'y. Im sure being called "communists" or other sundry names kinds of takes a little of the veracity away from what a poster is saying, but I think rational ideas or discussions DO get through and ARE monitored.

 

I'd bet on it.  Again, could be wrong, but it's the way other corps I've worked for have operated.

 

Raven

 

PS - like, I bet the word SCAM is scanned a lot for trending. And business practices adjusted to try to combat the problem.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Who do I contact for help??

Just an FYI   here for clarification:

 

RAVEN never claimed anyone did anything with her account regarding shipping. Raven simply answered a question for someone who had a QUESTION about shipping, and didn't even address THAT issue.

 

So, LEAVE RAVEN out of this.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Who do I contact for help??

I truly understand my Granddaughter and I are selling on Ebay to give her spending money. Her Dad was a victim of a violent crime and has been out of work due to brain injury. We had fun with this before. Now they are holding funds cannot even use for shipping. I have 100 percent positive feedback. I took all my listings off cannot afford to ship when funds are tied up. They seem to discriminate against small sellers. They only want to deal with large SELLERS ! Thank you for l;istening GOD BLESS

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Who do I contact for help??

That is sad. Unfortunately, so many do this for supplemental income and some for their only income in addition to social security. That is my situation, the reason I started this now 8 years ago, to have it build to small but steady monthly additional income. You probably read I pulled my auctions, and I did intend to sell small items when Paypal stated we could use the funds for shipping labels, but when I saw that did not happen with one seller on here, I now am doing nothing on eBay.

 

Go to Google. You can sign up to purchase through them as well as sell and receive your money. The only way they hold funds, and that is for 10 days, is if you only give them a card number. Otherwise, it is in your bank account within two days, so it states. They also charge less than Paypal. The only thing is you can't use Google on eBay. EBay wants no honest competition who charges 2.9 percent rather than 3.9 plus. No doubt eBay is going to get more sales, and that is why they do anything they can and most still stay. Even I would if they would not pull the shipping from my bank account. It also ticks me off when they take the monthly fees from my checking account rather than the Paypal account. Once years ago I stupidly paid online, and they still took the same amount from my checking....a double payment.

 

If you think you can get enough for your granddaughter's spending money from several site, why not try Etsy. Another seller told me today she is going to use ebid. I think that is the name.

 

You can get a free web template from Pappashop, and then they will host your site for 12.99 a month. They offer a free shopping cart, but from my experience I had to go outside of pappashop to secure it myself although it was free. Google has a shopping cart that is included in using them for payments, and I think that is the best direction because it Google and with them being advertised as pay with Google, then that site is going to be more visable. Google is a very powerful search engine. I didn't know until today they have this to offer. You can sign up to pay and receive through them.

 

I wish you the very best. You are so right about how it used to be fun, but they are taking all of that away with so many rules. I have watched my good history go down little by little in the DSRs and I am doing just as well and by my customers as I always have. They find fault with such little things..like spikes in sales or drops in sales and we are graded daily by that. I think they are totally overdoing the 'big brother is watching' thing.

 

You really should try ETSY. There are also large groups you can join where you can show your items to other members..very large groups. I had not been really participating because I was doing just fine on eBay, but now that I can't sell my main thing, furniture, of course I cant sell on eBay because of the higher shipping I would have to pay and then MaYBE Paypal would release it in 24 days. That also has yet to be proved. They may hold it longer. They can't be trusted.

Highlighted
Contributor

WOW!

TO SOME UP EVERYTHING, THIS IDEA TO MAKE MORE RESTRICTIONS AND HOLDS IS RETARDED AND HOW BUSINESS'S GET BOUGHT OUT OR FAIL. SPEED UP THE PROCESS ON TRANSFERS AND DROP HOLDS, IS HOW YOU MAKE A GOOD BUSINESS. SMARTER MANAGERS AND INTELLIGENT ACCOUNTANTS/IT PEOPLE.

 

GOOGLE PLEASE BUY PAYPAL, SAVE US ALL!

 

WHERE IS MY MONEY?