HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

contessa65
Contributor
Contributor

CHECK OUT GRAPEWORM ON FACEBOOK. YOU CAN LIST YOUR ITEMS JUST LIKE ON EBAY BUT YOU DO NOT PAY ANY LISTING OR SELLING FEE. IT'S ALL FREE! JUST WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN LOOKING FOR. I FOUND ANOTHER SITE VIA THE INTERNET WITH NO LISTING OR SELLING FEES BUT THEY WANT A YEARLY FEE. THIS ONE ON FACEBOOK ALLOWS YOU TO LIST ANYTHING YOU WANT (THAT'S LEGAL OF COURSE) AND YOU MAKE ALL THE PROFIT. CHECK IT OUT. I HAVE ALREADY LISTED ITEMS AND SOLD THEM FOR HIGHER THAN I WAS ABLE TO SELL THEM ON EBAY, PLUS CHARGE A SHIPPING FEE, ALLOW BUYERS TO SEND ME MONEY ORDER OR CHECK LIKE EBAY USED TO DO WHICH PRACTICALLY CUT MY BUSINESS IN HALF, AND YOU ARE IN CHARGE. IT'S REALLY GOING TO PUT EBAY OUT OF BUSINESS IF WE ALL RALLY AND START SELLING ON FACEBOOK. CHECK IT OUT!  YOU CAN POST YOUR ITEMS TO YOUR FACEBOOK PROFILE, KEEP TRACK OF YOUR SALES AND BUYERS PAY YOU DIRECTLY VIA PAYPAL OR ANYTHING METHOD YOU'D LIKE. I PUT A LINK BELOW FOR ONE OF MY LISTINGS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL FELLOW MERCHANTS! WE MUST STAY TOGETHER AND BOYCOTT EBAY'S NEW RUINATION OF SELLERS!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1305633750#/grapeworm/show-listing.php?listingid=...

Login to Me Too

jewelsbyanita
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your suggestion...I just opened a grapeworm account and the ease of listing is great!....closed my Starry Jewels ebay store as I added up the figures after a year of listing and I just have not profited well enough because of their fees....so glad I found winkelf.com, too...thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

to jewelsbyanita:

Yeah, I hear ya girlfriend! I'm about to make that move myself.  I'm was stuff for a disribution company and and my eBay store was basically just to get my feet wet in the online selling business. I've had my store online for about 4 years and my sales have bee very sporadic. I've dished out way for than I've profited. But whenever I do make a profit I gotta go through headaches and nonsense because of this 21-day crap! They say I should boost my DSR, or my sales. If people ain't buyin' then they ain't buyin'! What do want me to do? Physically go to every other home in America and beg people to buy the stuff in my store??Man Surprised

Login to Me Too

jewelsbyanita
Contributor
Contributor

I am really glad I made the move...I was making lots of sales but was giving away my jewelry after I figured out my profits!...ebay has reared its ugly head as far as greedy management....their stock reveals how they use the paypal monies they have on hold with paypal....like I said, I am really glad I dropped them...

Login to Me Too

DIANN
Contributor
Contributor

I WAS CONCIDERING SELLING WITH EBAY AGAIN.  THIS TIME I MADE A LOT OF JEWELRY AFTER AN ACCIDENT THAT CURBED MY SEWING ABILITY.  AFTER READING ALL OF THIS, I DECIDED TO PACK AWAY EVERYTHING.  I HAD A NEIGHBOR COME OVER 2 DAYS AGO & SEAL EVERYTHING IN VAC SEALED BAGS.  I HAD THE INCIDENT WITH NOT RECEIVING THE BALL TIP HEADPINS, & NOT GETTING MY MONEY FOR 2 MONTHS I JUST DECIDED IT ISN'T WORTH TRYING TO MAKE A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS.  THE GAL CONTINUES TO SELL & IS RATED AT 98% POSITIVE FEEDBACK.  I JUST PERSONALLY BELIEVE, THAT THEY ASIAN SELLERS KNOW THAT THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH A LOT.  I DO KNOW THAT ARTFIRE.COM IS A GOOD PLACE TO SELL.  JOHN JACOBS HAS SPENT A LOT OF TIME PERFECTING THIS WEB SITE.  IF YOU ARE SELLING JEWELRY, IT WOULD SEEM A GOOD PLACE FOR YOU TO LIST YOUR ITEMS.  I HAD TO STOP TRYING TO GET MY SITE TOGETHER BECAUSE OF HEALTH REASONS.  I CAN'T SEE OUT OF MY LEFT EYE & HOPE SURGERY 2/17 WILL RESTORE SOME OF MY SITE.  AFTER I FEEL BETTER, I WILL LIST MY ITEMS WITH ARTFIRE.  THE PRICE IS RIGHT, THERE ARE A LOT OF OPTIONS, & THEY ARE VERY GOOD TO DEAL WITH.  I HAVE PURCHASED SUPPLIES FROM HIM FOR OVER 2 YEARS & HE WILL EVEN PERSONALLY REPLY TO AN EMAIL.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I immediately looked for other auction sites and there are many that have been listed throughout these posts and I set myself up for Paymate and Google Checkout.  What is amazing is that these sites import your user information and feedback--they are making it as easy as possible.  Compared to eBay right now these are smaller auction sites but with more people defecting to the new ones we can build a bigger and better seller and buyer friendly auction site.

There are now two law firms that are collecting information regarding a class action suit.  I would strongly suggest that after 80 pages of talking about our money still being held and what eBay and Paypal are doing  that instead PLEASE register with www.letssuepaypal.com  and email bayoubasement@ msn.com  as she is collecting names and facts for an additional law firm to establish a class action suit. 

If nothing else register and copy and paste your posts from this forum but at least give these law firms something to work with--they need numbers and facts to go forward. 

I have nothing to do with eBay or Paypal but continue to support these efforts.

Login to Me Too

diner448
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone is considering keeping paypal... they would be better off to remove all financial information (bank account, credit card info) and just be unconfirmed... Remember those are connected to your paypal account and we know that they are underhanded enough to freeze your paypal funds for false claims or bogus reasons... and they can then get into your accounts on file (if they feel you do not have enough funds in your paypal account because some scammer filed a false report or any other flimsy excuse... then you can be overdrawn and worse.... It could take 30 days or more to get it straight (even if you have proof)

So ask yourself.... is it better to be confirmed and give paypal free reign over your life and finances?  Or be unconfirmed and be secure? If you stay with paypal... think long and hard about this as an option.  If you are fed up, then close your account.  I just had my first and my last experience with paypal holding my paypal funds (lasted less than 24 hours) but got a fill of it.  It was only because the buyer closed the case (and I know it was because I responded that I was going to speak with our attorney as this was a false claim and I had proof even if paypal would not look at it immediately, an attorney would)

I contacted my bank, asked for a new bank card (explained the situation) and told them not to allow paypal to move any money from my bank account without my authorization first.  They then told me that if any transactions went through... I could dispute them and the bank would return my money (as they take the proof) and they act much more promptly than paypal or ebay.

As soon as the hold was removed... so was my money that was in the account.  To my bank which is safe.  It is a shame that paypal mishandles claims and should work swiftly to resolve and verify if the claim is false.  if you have proof they should take that immediately (after all they freeze your funds immediately based on a false claim) no proof, just the word of a dishonest person. 

I am a power seller and verified and excellent feedback, but that did not matter, I told paypal I had proof the claim was false.... didn't want it (or at least never responded to me about taking it) the humans are just as dumb founded as the customer service dummy "sara" and it is illegal for them to hold your funds based on a false claim and to disregard your proof of the fact. 

There have been lawsuits won against paypal and currently class action suits for just this type of crime against customers.  Take the power away from them, empower yourselves.  Don't let a buyer or seller fraud you and they do it with the help of paypal and ebay.... If paypal does not have the man power to resolve the false claims promptly (with proof from customer, they should not take our money in fees if they cannot handle the customer base with effiecent customer service with "capable representatives" after all, they can only be in business with us... the sellers... so who exactly has the power?

Paypal is not your Pal.....

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@diner448 wrote:

...So ask yourself.... is it better to be confirmed and give paypal free reign over your life and finances?  Or be unconfirmed and be secure? ... 

... There have been lawsuits won against paypal and currently class action suits for just this type of crime against customers.  Take the power away from them, empower yourselves.  Don't let a buyer or seller fraud you and they do it with the help of paypal and ebay.... If paypal does not have the man power to resolve the false claims promptly (with proof from customer, they should not take our money in fees if they cannot handle the customer base with effiecent customer service with "capable representatives" after all, they can only be in business with us... the sellers... so who exactly has the power?...

Paypal is not your Pal.....

Diner488.

I think you are on to something about removing financial information and become non-confirmed--I have been caught off guard several times when paypal transferred money from my checking account and I did what you did as well to stop that from happening again.  Thanks for posting the idea.  I have purchased and sold to uncomfirmed people before and never had a problem.I check feedback even though we have no abilility to leave critical feedback for the buyers who bid nad never pay.  I still do not understand why eBay/Pay is alienating their sellers to protect buyers--I personally felt the free market system of mutual feedback worked just fine.

Your points about taking away the power away from eBay and empowering ourselves was brilliant but you will see through these forums that not many think change can be accomplished--Glad to hear you are not one of them

Thanks for posting.

Login to Me Too

Dresden
New Community Member

I got 'snagged' on this new policy (?) of 'holding' MY MONEY from me for irrational reasons.  (I ordered an item with my PayPal account, believing that the money I had in PayPal was accessible, but instead, PayPal 'held' the money I earned in eBay and put the charge of almost $200.00 (U.S.) on my Amex.

If PayPal is so 'concerned' (the word being use VERY loosely) about 'disputes', so as to implement a 'hold' policy, perhaps it should NOT BE IN THE BUSINESS.  (Any company with common sense would handle such risks with insurance.  But, then again, if the cost of doing business with PayPal goes any higher--insurance being the new forced addition--working with another vendor whom accepts direct credit and debit card payments is the logical thing to do.)

I'll have to close my account in the near future once I've settled my affairs with PayPal.

I recommend EVERYONE to do the same.

Login to Me Too

cyberjawn
Contributor
Contributor

I know, this hold time is ridiculous. I have 100% feedback and shouldn't have to deal with that. I'm a causul user and I had to use my own money to ship items out. It's VERY STUPIED IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  All I know is ebay / paypal are going to loose alot of customers cause of it. It's BULLSH**. It makes it hard to deal with auctions. Half the people I sell to don't even leave feedback. SO you have to wait for 21 days. THAT'S **bleep** CRAP!!!! If there going to make us wait then they need to make the buyer not be able to use there account untill the leave feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.