HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Femsol, I do feel like I am giving into ebay, as I have to sell

this month due to medical bills. I tried to sell on 2 other sites and

have only lost money. I joined the letsuepaypal, but last time I

went there, nothing worked. Even though I am giving in, I haven't

forgotten. I never thought I would give in, but I truely have come

to my wits end and I would rather be upfront about it as I have

been very vocal since this whole fiasco started.  They messed me

up right before Christmas and I will never forget that as I cried!!!!!!!

I have seen this whole thing destroying a lot of peoples lives and'

they are enraged, rightfully so. Me too. I just simply don't  know what

else to do at this point, I am too old and messed up to hit the streets!

Login to Me Too

mrs5pennies
Contributor
Contributor

You can always request your buyers send you and check, rather than using paypal.  Checks clear in just a couple of days, you'll have your shipping costs, and you'll have your item until you get the money....That's what I'm doing.  I'm not using Paypal on any of my auctions. (I tried to put that I accept money orders in my listing, but Ebay told me I can't accept money orders for the things I'm selling - the Ebay gestapo!!)

Login to Me Too

eco123eco
Contributor
Contributor

I have noticed a lot of us are being hurt if we quit selling.  We are then forced to return to business as usual.  The true power that we have is in the numbers we possess.  There are other auction sites and payment methods we can use.  Bottom line, we need to put to work the power we have in numbers.  How can we do this?

First, we form a Union of buyers and sellers to ensure that this never happens again.  So this way where ever we go and whoever we use, knows from the onset that any changes made will have to come through us first.  Letssuepaypal.com is the start of this Union, as it brings us all together.

Second, we all pick a different payment option.   This puts our numbers to use and starts the rebuilding process.

Third, we pick a different site and we all start using this site together.  This puts our power to work in numbers, and it starts to rebuild what we have made here.

Finally, we help each other as best we can until we can get as many of us out of this untrust-worthy place as soon as possible.

Our power is in the numbers of sellers and buyers that we possess as a whole.  If we Unite the powers we possess increase 10 fold and become a force that has to be reckoned with.  I don't know anything about other sites to use or other payment options.  I have never used anything other than Ebay and Pay-Pal.  It doesn't do us any good if we all keep saying go here do this do that, try this try that!  We need to ban together and put our power to work as one driving force.  Letssuepaypal.com is our focal point right now.  We all need to go here and get on board.   I am heading over there myself to start posting there.  I will continue to watch the issue in here, but I feel a need to try and get this matter better organized in a way that really does major damage to Ebay and Pay-Pal.  I don't want to talk anymore it is time I become vocal and Proactive in this fight.  It all begins now for me, and i will help as many of you as I can along the way.  I quit selling on Ebay altogether.  I still buy there which forces me to use Pay-Pal: however, it's time I sever this relationship also and move on for good.  Yet, I will say this, as a buyer I will only buy from this day forward from those who are listed at the Letssuepaypal.com site.  Until this can all be re-organiized and re-structured at another site with another payment option my line in the sand is drawn.  If you are not with us then you are against us.    

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Very,very powerful and dead to the point!! It's time we all took a "s**t orget off the pot" attitiude! I will be delving into that site this weekend.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Madjen--I was not trying to be critical of people staying with eBay as I too realize that other auction sites are not as well known.   Also I realize that the majority of sellers rely on eBay for income--I sell at different times of the year and I do depend on the extra money but it is not my only source of income.  It is a shame that we are put in this position and I keep my eye on their financials and their legal problems. IMO eBay appears to be juggling finances, spinning news with things like eBay turning things around when if you read the fine print they are involved in law suits, will probably be investigated by the SEC and the FTC.

I have thought about accepting these terms too but am giving it 30 days--in the meantime I am listing everywhere else.  I have done well with eBay over the years and am auctioning on Overstock.com, wensy.com and Craig's list.

I know this is hard for you but I am only advocating that the sellers that need to remain with eBay keep an eye on any and all notices of changes in their policies.

Try the www.letsuepaypal.com to register as the Administer has worked hard at getting rid of the spammers. 

Good luck to you. 

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Femsol,thanks for your response. I have actually been not selling on

ebay for more than a month. I don't have manufactured products, just

my own art work and used books. I feel really worn out from all of this

and worn down. I have registered at letssuepaypal and I have tried ebid

and etsy. I don't really plan on staying with ebay, but the point is is that

I need to sell now, not 2 months from now. Its unfortunate and I don't like it,

but I still will be in the fight about this. One person said you are either with

us or against us, but its not that black and white. I know everyone has been

hurt by these stupid 'policies', buyers and sellers.

Login to Me Too

eco123eco
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't say this to offend people or put people down for the choices they make.  We are in tough times and we all have to make tough choices.  I said this because I am now in a position to make this choice for myself.  I understand some of us have to survive, and the choices we make are based upon our individual lives at any one particular point and time.  In my posting I listed my fourth option as being one that required us to help each other get away from Ebay and Pay-Pal.  My intent was to let you know I understand there may be some of us that are stuck in this mess.  There are different ways of being with us, and it sure doesn't help us if you cripple yourself.  We know you are with us, you just can't sever your ties yet.  It's okay, that just means we have a lot to do and when the time comes we know you will be with us.  It's not my goal to divide us, it's my goal to unite us!  If you are stuck in the system to survive and improve the quality of your life in these tough times, it's okay!  I am not against you, because it means my job is yet to be done as I leave no one behind. 

Hold Fast To The Right!

Login to Me Too

DIANN
Contributor
Contributor

YOU ARE CORRECT, IT'S NOT THAT BLACK & WHITE.  TRY ARTFIRE WITH YOUR ARTWORK.  JOHN JACOBS HAS  ALWAYS BEEN A LOT OF HELP, & YOU WON'T GO BROKE SELLING YOUR ITEMS.  I ONLY STOPPED SELLING ANYTHING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I HAVE A MULTITUDE OF SURGERIES COMING UP BECAUSE I FELL OFF MY ROOF.

I HAVE SOLD ON EBAY BUT THAT WAS SEVERAL YRS AGO & THEIR POLICIES WERE QUITE DIFFERENT THEN.  THIS XMAS SEASON, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO REC'D MERCHANDISE THAT WAS NOT AS DESCRIBED.  HAPPEND TO MY BROTHER, & A COUPLE OF FRIENDS.  WE ALL LIVE IN DIFFERENT STATES.  THEN I HAVE THE GAL WHOSE PRODUCTS I DIDN'T RECEIVE.  I TRIED TO RESOLVE IT WITH THE SELLER FIRST.  ACTUALLY, I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS IS GOING ON, JUST HAVE EXPERIENCED THESE THINGS MYSELF. I LOOKED AT THE FEES THAT EBAY WANTED & IT IS NOT WORTH SELLING.  I WOULD MAKE SO LITTLE THAT IT IS A WASTE OF TIME.  NO, I DON'T NEED TO WORK I AM RETIRED.  I MAKE THINGS THAT I DONATE, & THOUGHT I COULD MAKE A LITTLE MONEY FOR SUPPLIES FOR MY PROJECTS.  THEN ALL OF THIS HAPPENED, & I DECIDED TO JUST GET WELL.

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Diann, Thank you for your tip about Artfire, I will try that next month.

I appreciate your understanding. I am also retired, but on a disability,

so I relied on selling on ebay to get through the month. Now I found

out I have to have surgery also which is causing me to pay medical

bills. So I am in a bad spot right now. I appreciate your understanding

and your suggestion. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

DIANN
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY.  I AM ALSO ON DISABILITY.  I FELL OFF MY ROOF & HAVE MANY SURGERIES COMING UP ALSO.  I DID PAY SOMEONE TO COME IN TODAY TO PACK MOST OF THE SUPPLIES FOR THE ITEMS I MAKE, INTO PLASTIC TUBS.  I'M IN AN RV & I NEED THE SPACE TO WALK.  I DON'T BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE REALIZE THE COST OF SELLING ITEMS.  GETTING THINGS TO SELL, IS ALSO AN EXPENSE.  I STARTED THE JEWELRY MAKING, & PAINTING SILK SCARVES BECAUSE I CAN'T DO ANY SEWING RIGHT NOW.  BUT, IT WAS A COSTLY START.  I SHOULD HAVE STOPPED IN THE BEGINNING.  YOU NEED TOO MANY THINGS, TOOLS, & SUPPLIES TO MAKE JEWELRY.  I HAVE BEEN THINKING OVER & OVER ABOUT HOW TO SELL ITEMS WITHOUT GIVING AWAY ALL BUT A BUCK OR TWO FOR MY WORK.  I DID PURCHASE 2 BOOKS ON HOW TO BUILD WEBSITES. I CAN'T SEE WELL UNTIL AFTER EYE SURGERY FEB 17TH.  BUT I HAVE READ ENOUGH SO FAR TO REALIZE THAT IF I PUT MY MIND TO IT, I WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT. PERHAPS SOME OF US COULD GET A SMALLER SITE TOGETHER TO SELL. LAST YR I WAS SO DISGUSTED WHEN I WANTED TO DO THE CRAFT FAIRS.  SOME OF THE SPACES WERE GOING FOR OVER $100 FOR THE 2 DAYS. HOW CAN I BE CERTAIN THAT I COULD SELL ENOUGH TO EVEN PAY THE SPACE COST.  AS I SHOPPED FOR ITEMS, IN TOWN, I STARTED TALKING TO PEOPLE BUYING SIMILAR ITEMS.  IT ENDED UP WITH ME, USING THE CLUB HOUSE AT THE RV PARK I LIVE AT, HOSTING A CRAFT FAIR.  THE OWNER OF THE PARK, BECAUSE I LIVE HERE, DID NOT CHARGE FOR THE USE. SHE EVEN ALLOWED US TO USE THE FOLDING TABLES & CHAIRS.  PLUS, THERE'S A FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN & BATHROOM, & PLENTY OF PARKING.  I WAS ABLE TO GET 12 WOMEN TO COMMIT, & I MADE CERTAIN THAT NONE OF US WERE SELLING THE SAME ITEMS.  I DID CHARGE EVERYONE $3.00 TO USE FOR NEWSPAPER ADS.  WE ALSO PUT UP SIGNS TO DIRECT TRAFFIC TO THE FAIRE.  IT TURNED OUT GREAT.  THE COST FOR SELLING WAS GREAT PLUS PEOPLE COULD BRING THEIR LUNCH.  IN THE 2 DAYS, NO ONE CAME OUT WITH LESS THAN $250.00 FOR 6 HRS EACH DAY. WE WERE A SMALL FAIRE & I WASN'T SURE WE'D GET ENOUGH PEOPLE.  BUT, I HAD A FEW ITEMS THAT I COULD TURN INTO THINGS FOR THE RED HAT LADIES.  DID NOT SELL MUCH OF THAT, BUT IT DID BRING IN MORE TRAFFIC & BEING BEFORE XMAS, MUCH OF WHAT WAS FOR SALE COULD BE GIFTABLE.  I WAS TOO SICK TO DO THAT THIS YR. SOMETIMES THESE PEOPLE START AN AUCTION SITE & WANT TO MAKE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS DOING IT.  I DID NOT MAKE ANY MONEY FROM THE SELLERS WHO CAME TO THIS FAIRE.  IT WAS GOOD FOR ALL OF US & MAYBE, WHEN I GET WELL, I'LL DO IT AGAIN.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.