HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

asdcompany
Contributor
Contributor

I feel sorry for all the ppl who have money invested in Ebay and Paypal on wall-street, they're being dooped into thinking everything is roses with this move. This type of voodoo accounting is the reason why wall-street came tumbling down in the first place, when is it going to stop? Is there something wrong with stepping up and saying, look were floundering but were doing our best and we'll survive? Lie, lie ,lie the government does it to us, now big business is doing it to us. What kind of foundation is that to build upon?

Login to Me Too

BigTPoppa
Contributor
Contributor

Femsol responded on one post, that tey are leaving Ebay and Pay Pal as soon as possible, looking for other methods to do business.

I would like to add I had received the "mistake letter about the computer glich" that causes me to receive the letter that my sales account would have a 21 day hold on my funds. I also received the "new mistake letter" that notified me that all my funds were accessible immediately. What I would like to point out to all little and large sellers, buyers and participants of EBAY and Pay Pal, we all must continue the fight for those among us that have funds that are still in limbo (being held). We need to all continue to remain foucs on the overall goals, 1) remove all funds from any holds unless it is a seller unworthy of honest sales/service 2) Prevent the fees being charged individually by both Ebay and Pay Pal from increasing. They are not one company, right. The vast amount of complains can change the hold situation but if they raise their fees for doing business with either company, what have we the people gained. Think about it and I do apologize for the long post but I just had to get this off my chest, feey, arms and legs.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@BigTPoppa wrote:

Femsol responded on one post, that tey are leaving Ebay and Pay Pal as soon as possible, looking for other methods to do business......... What I would like to point out to all little and large sellers, buyers and participants of EBAY and Pay Pal, we all must continue the fight for those among us that have funds that are still in limbo (being held).

BigTPoppa:

I still read these posts several times a day and use my legal and financial background also to assist the sellers still having their funds held hostage and try to untangle some of what I think Paypal has been doing.  I have also emailed, filed complaints with appropriate agencies and called it to the attention of many outside sources.

I try to make it clear every time I post that while I may be setting up auctions and other payment services  that is my personal choice but I am committed to helping here in any capacity.  I don't think that the seller's and/or buyers who leave eBay should just walk away.  As a small seller I had fun in the early days of eBay and just got lazy in not staying on top of changes.  Paypal's actions are deplorable and so deceptive I can barely tolerate what has happened and how they manipulated the figures for their stockholders yesterday.  I have their stock on my watch list now for financial news.

Additionally I will post several times a day if I feel I have something to contribute.  I am also testing out new websites merchant accounts in case other anyone else can use the information once funds are released.

Just because I am severing ties with eBay does not mean I am not still here in support of those still having funds held.  I hope there are many other sellers that feel the same way.

I am sorry if it came across that I was jumping ship completely--check my posts I am only trying to help.

Sorry for my long post but I do not want my intentions to be misinterpreted.  Thanks and keep making noise!

Login to Me Too

BigTPoppa
Contributor
Contributor

NO NO  Femsol, I was supporting your previous statements 100%. I was agreeing with your direction. Sorry it came off differently, thats why I was saying we all had to continue to making Ebay and Pay Pal services for the people again like the people who made it successful in the beginning. I support exactly what you are saying exactly.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@BigTPoppa wrote:

NO NO  Femsol, I was supporting your previous statements 100%. I was agreeing with your direction. Sorry it came off differently, thats why I was saying we all had to continue to making Ebay and Pay Pal services for the people again like the people who made it successful in the beginning. I support exactly what you are saying exactly.

Hi BigTPoppa!

I was pretty sure you were supporting me but I just did not want  anyone just joining in to read my posts and thinking I was just walking away--I am hanging in for the long run and I think you have had excellent posts.  Thanks for the reply!!

Login to Me Too

jj92477
Contributor
Contributor

it's not. now even buyers are having their REFUNDS held !

Login to Me Too

jstagirl24
Contributor
Contributor

heres an interesting site i=with other options.. for everybody......

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

Login to Me Too

Penoozer
Contributor
Contributor

But I am a long time eBayer & PayPal'r (sicne 2001), have 100% feedback and not one dispute filed against me and I still got the 21 day hold B.S. e-mail....but no "technical error" correction e-mail.  What gives?

Login to Me Too

asdcompany
Contributor
Contributor

It "appears" that they're taking off just enough holds to cut down the flack?

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

mparent, that is exactly what I  thought , once I realized they seem to

be holding the funds of smaller sellers. I had 100% feedback,1400 pts and

no disputes, above 4.5 DSR. The reason I ,like you, thought this is because

they recently started getting all these big ticket item sellers, such as cars,

real estate and canned art. I am a little seller too, but I was doing well on

ebay, except since they raised the fees so much, it was hard to make a profit.

I think you are on the right track here and I have heard other sellers say the same.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.